Strategy Going through the scraps - delisted free agents

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep I like this free and from SA, why not, it's not like our midfield has great depth.

Our midfield has plenty of depth if, as Chris Davies suggests, we are going to work the likes of Butters, Bergmann, Rozee and even Jackson Mead through it.
Sier has managed just 28 games in 5 seasons in a side that finished 17th in 2021. Constable has managed just 12 games in 4 seasons but at least that is with a competitive club in Geelong. There is nothing to suggest that either Sier or Constable are any better than an on track Sam Powell-Pepper who could not get a game in our midfield at the end of the season.

We have really gained nothing from Trade Week so the idea should be to improve our list not fill it with players we do not need.

Last edited:
Jarrod Brander still in limbo - yet to be offered a new contract and had no takers in the trade peiod:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sier has managed just 28 games in 5 seasons in a side that finished 17th in 2021.
He played 12 out of his 28 games in his first season. That year? 2018. He's played sporadically since then.

Now compare how 2018 went for Collingwood compared to 2019, 2020 and 2021 where Sier played signficantly less games.

But then again, we are talking about Phil Inn here.

ESSENDON defender Martin Gleeson has been delisted after not being offered a new contract for 2022.
The 27-year-old, who was taken with pick No.53 in the 2012 NAB AFL Draft, played 97 games for the Bombers.
He managed only six games this year, including the elimination final loss to the Western Bulldogs.

Very much so feel that Constable was a victim of playing at Geelong and their midfield depth.

Would happily take him. May not be fast or have a bag full of tricks but he knows how to get the ball. Again, I’d prefer someone like him in the side that gets the ball 30 times than the opposition having it 30 times.

Very much so feel that Constable was a victim of playing at Geelong and their midfield depth.

Would happily take him. May not be fast or have a bag full of tricks but he knows how to get the ball. Again, I’d prefer someone like him in the side that gets the ball 30 times than the opposition having it 30 times.
Same type as Dumont. Steady, slow paced accumulator with no special x-factor tricks up the sleeve.
Would be depth, not a regular first 22.

Same type as Dumont. Steady, slow paced accumulator with no special x-factor tricks up the sleeve.
Would be depth, not a regular first 22.

I think Constable is a much better player than Dumont.

Think he’d absolutely be in our side most weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back