Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 7: This Thread is for Reasonable ON TOPIC Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

In the peak fortnight of the outbreak to date (25 August to 7 September), the COVID-19 case rate among 2-dose vaccinated people was 49.5 per 100,000 while in unvaccinated people it was 561 per 100,000, a more than 10-fold difference. The rates of COVID-19 ICU admissions or deaths peaked in the fortnight 8 September to 21 September at 0.9 per 100,000 in 2-dose vaccinated people compared to 15.6 per 100,000 in unvaccinated people, a greater than 16-fold difference.

Last edited:

Brad Goodman

His name isn't important
Oct 7, 2002
AFL Club
Collingwood
Dans said this morning he will ease when we hit the targets, not dependent on case numbers.

Im suprised hes being that definitive TBH.

I reckon he fears the reaction if they don't ease as promised. I'd prefer he didn't bow to pressure but he's lost the players so I don't think he really has a choice.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
I reckon he fears the reaction if they don't ease as promised. I'd prefer he didn't bow to pressure but he's lost the players so I don't think he really has a choice.
Its a little hedging bets, hes already said he may introduce measures if "things happen" (i think he said hospital admissions but can easily pivot).

Ease restrictions, if it goes **** up, re introduce some.

In spite of what some might say here no ones gonna be torching cars down Punt road.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Its a little hedging bets, hes already said he may introduce measures if "things happen" (i think he said hospital admissions but can easily pivot).

Ease restrictions, if it goes **** up, re introduce some.

In spite of what some might say here no ones gonna be torching cars down Punt road.
Maybe not but at the very least I'll s**t in the middle of the local footy oval.

Poetic Justice

i will touch the sun or i will die trying
Wordler
Jun 21, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Might need to find one
What a muppet

These sorts of people are such a problem with society

What a muppet

These sorts of people are such a problem with society
Nice of Nooz to amp up the outrage with titillating, irrelevant details of her past.

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
This made me laugh
195987def6d69d1b7691ae98b8fe48f6.jpg

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
2nd jab today. The one thing that struck me was the little sticker you get with your time on it....barely anyone puts it in the bin.

Everywhere I looked outside had the stickers all over it. A bin had hundreds long the lid, not out inside the bin. Street signs in the carpark had them all up the post, footpaths were filled with them, trees had them all up its trunk

* me people are lazy campaigners

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

Hawk Dork

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Zombie Lover BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
Covid infections rose exponentially for five-17-year-olds in September, coinciding with the start of the autumn school term in England, new research has revealed.

The study, conducted by Imperial College London and Ipsos Mori, between September 9 and September 27, showed that infections are increasing among those aged under 18, but falling among those aged 18-54.

Only a small number of schoolchildren aged five to 17 have been vaccinated in the UK and currently only single doses are being offered to those aged 12 and over.

However ministers have been criticised for the slow rollout of the vaccination programme in secondary schools and earlier this week urged parents to get their children vaccinated.

More than 100,000 volunteers took part in the study to examine the levels of Covid-19 in the general population.

The latest data show that prevalence of the virus in the population in England has increased to 0.83%.

Among households with one or more children, prevalence was also higher at 1.32% compared with 0.42% in households without children.

Hawk Dork

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
Qantas confirmed last week that when international travel resumes, it will operate its flagship route from Australia to London via Darwin until at least April 2022.

The 17-hour, 20-minute direct journey between Darwin and London’s Heathrow Airport is scheduled to take off from November 14.

Prior to Covid border closures, the route operated through Perth.

Suggest WA might be locked down until maybe then ???

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Covid infections rose exponentially for five-17-year-olds in September, coinciding with the start of the autumn school term in England, new research has revealed.

The study, conducted by Imperial College London and Ipsos Mori, between September 9 and September 27, showed that infections are increasing among those aged under 18, but falling among those aged 18-54.

Only a small number of schoolchildren aged five to 17 have been vaccinated in the UK and currently only single doses are being offered to those aged 12 and over.

However ministers have been criticised for the slow rollout of the vaccination programme in secondary schools and earlier this week urged parents to get their children vaccinated.

More than 100,000 volunteers took part in the study to examine the levels of Covid-19 in the general population.

The latest data show that prevalence of the virus in the population in England has increased to 0.83%.

Among households with one or more children, prevalence was also higher at 1.32% compared with 0.42% in households without children.

'Covid infections'.

COVID-19. 'CO' stands for corona, 'VI' for virus, 'D' for disease, '19' for 2019. It's a disease caused by a virus referred to as '2019 novel coronavirus' or '2019-nCoV.' or 'SARS-CoV-2'.

It is possible to be infected with the SARS-CoV-2 virus but not develop any symptoms. For example, a study from Canada found that 36% of children who tested positive for the virus reported being asymptomatic.

So those people are not 'diseased'. They don't have COVID-19. We don't talk this way about the Flu. Yet we are bombarded with a constant stream of disinformation from governments and the media that every positive test is a COVID case and every death where there is a positive test is a COVID death.

Hawk Dork

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
'Covid infections'.

COVID-19. 'CO' stands for corona, 'VI' for virus, 'D' for disease, '19' for 2019. It's a disease caused by a virus referred to as '2019 novel coronavirus' or '2019-nCoV.' or 'SARS-CoV-2'.

It is possible to be infected with the SARS-CoV-2 virus but not develop any symptoms. For example, a study from Canada found that 36% of children who tested positive for the virus reported being asymptomatic.

So those people are not 'diseased'. They don't have COVID-19. We don't talk this way about the Flu. Yet we are bombarded with a constant stream of disinformation from governments and the media that every positive test is a COVID case and every death where there is a positive test is a COVID death.
Every infection just moves it along and allows it to get to a vulnerable person and mutate to evade vax

💤💤💤💤 zzz All the it's coming WA get ready ! Your time is coming , dung dung dung ! Get ready ! .It's coming ! Dung dung dung! That type of talk has been going on for months and months and months and months and it's so boring .Makes me go zzzzz ,zzzzz. OMG so boring !! Zzzzz zzzz.Been going on for months and months OMG so boring zzzzz ,zzzzzzzzzz ,zzzzzzzzz get ready it's coming ! zzzz zzzzzz

I like the part where McGowan says 80% vaccination rate is not enough though .I reckon 97.5 % fully vaccinated and see how the rwnjs are copeing before we think about it. That will get em all upset and sh*t over there .WA will be fine with that.Pretty sure no deaths due to Gladys and her fu** ups and the desires of the NSW team Murdoch knobs that believe they are running the country are acceptable to the vast majority in WA.
If you open borders and don't require quarantine it will

I believe the newly minted country of Westralia will require passports to enter as well.
Apparently you can go to jail for going...

Similar entry rules to North Korea
Dictator Mark doesn't have the same ring though
Glorious Leader Mark?

I know the locals have gone for State Daddy but ew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back