Phantom Draft eth-dog's 2021 Phantom

Remove this Banner Ad

May 13, 2007
<---------
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Seahawks, Huskies, Newcastle Utd.
Would hope that WCE serious think about picking Goater or Rachele if either were available at 12 and Sam Butler if there at 31.

I'm expecting that we use at least one of our picks on a KP as we have Vardy and Bander gone this year and Kennedy, Darling, Nic Nat and McGovern all coming to their end in the next few seasons.

I still don't mind Johnson, Sheldrick and Browne with our first three picks.

Would hope that WCE serious think about picking Goater or Rachele if either were available at 12 and Sam Butler if there at 31.

I'm expecting that we use at least one of our picks on a KP as we have Vardy and Bander gone this year and Kennedy, Darling, Nic Nat and McGovern all coming to their end in the next few seasons.

I still don't mind Johnson, Sheldrick and Browne with our first three picks.
I think if it's a choice between Goater and Johnson they go the local. I don't think small forwards are a massive issue for West Coast either but fair enough.

I was pretty heavily considering Williams ahead of Browne there, and on draft night I wouldn't be surprised if West Coast pulled the trigger on him as a forward.
I like the look of Wilmot, but if Knevitt is on the board and we don't take him I'll be a cranky fella.
Again, I think the Hawks 21 as a pick that would definitely be in the sights of the likes of Brisbane and Essendon in particular with their future firsts and the Hawks getting a chance at a late 40's pick after the bids.

Jun 24, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I think if it's a choice between Goater and Johnson they go the local. I don't think small forwards are a massive issue for West Coast either but fair enough.

I was pretty heavily considering Williams ahead of Browne there, and on draft night I wouldn't be surprised if West Coast pulled the trigger on him as a forward.

Again, I think the Hawks 21 as a pick that would definitely be in the sights of the likes of Brisbane and Essendon in particular with their future firsts and the Hawks getting a chance at a late 40's pick after the bids.
I mean if you want to do 21 and a 3rd/4th for your future 1st I will gladly accept that.
On Goater, do you think his disposal is enough of a worry to drop him out of the top 15? He looks so good up until he has to put boot to ball and it falls apart. Obviously kicking is one of the things clubs can train into a player, but it is worrying that he has continued to develop with inefficient and wonky mechanics.

Good work.

Just for the Tigers, we have 4 rucks on the books. Nank and Soldo are youngish still. Ryan and Colina quite young. Don't reckon we'd go there.

But midfield is a huge need.

Good work.

Just for the Tigers, we have 4 rucks on the books. Nank and Soldo are youngish still. Ryan and Colina quite young. Don't reckon we'd go there.

But midfield is a huge need.
I see him more as a forward, and Richmond have been into hima long time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great effort eth-dog :thumbsu:

I was really surprised that Conway isn't anywhere on, that list ........... unless I am totally blind and have missed him.

Whilst I know this years ruck cohort is thin, I reckon the Big Fella gets a look in within the first four rounds of the draft.

Happy enough at round 1 although I’m not sure we need a real inside mid, prefer some class on the outside. Think you are right we go small though.

We need a KPD at one of the other picks, a small forward would be one of the least needed areas. Rampe getting on and Melican not good enough we need defenders.

Schtinker

JUST TAKE MCKERCHER
Aug 11, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
Have the hawks officially changed their name to HAWTHORNE or is this Jeff Kennetts way trying to turn it into a posh suburb?

Love North's first two picks, but we are probably not using five picks because we would be upgrading Edwards to the main list.

I am wondering about:

Pick 45, North Melbourne: Cooper Murley (178/69 SF, Norwood).

Pick 46, North Melbourne: Luke Nankervis (189/76 MF, Sandringham Dragons).

I like Murley's write-up, but do you see him becoming a genuine small forward?

Nankervis is a name I have seen mentioned before, but does he have scope to play elsewhere outside the forward line as we have got a stack of medium forwards.

Last edited:

crows dude

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 20, 2005
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
More 180cm mids. No thanks. We have enough. Any big bodied 190cm mids out there like Dangerfield. Also pretty sure we will upgrade Butts and Strachan so wont use the last pick.

Back