Coach Clarkson has left the building

Remove this Banner Ad

I understand this was largely made possible by Lindsay Fox.....who was keen for Clarko to take a year off (and not take the Carlton job) so that he may be made available in a scenario where Ratten is cut
Fox has some incredible influence.

A while back, somewhere in Bigfooty, I said something along the lines of 'I wouldn't be at all surprised if Clarko ends up doing something in sport overseas'. I was ridiculed and torn down.
I laughed.

He goes overseas literally every year. Who would have ridiculed you saying he would go overseas this year as well?

If he stays overseas for 6 months rather than his usual month or 2 then that would be something. Because apparently he wanted to take a year off while his kid finishes year 12.

Yes, he comes back filled with ideas and knowledge which another team will benefit from.
Might be overstating this “filled with ideas and knowledge” thing, considering our slide down the ladder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im pretty sure he wins a flag at a new club before Mitchell wins a flag at Hawthorn.

Don’t be so sure. It takes more than Clarkson to win a flag. Where’s his Hodge, Mitchell, Rioli, Roughead..Fagan..etc…shall I go on?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Im pretty sure he wins a flag at a new club before Mitchell wins a flag at Hawthorn.
I am not sure that the game has not passed him by. He definitely needs a freshen up though, because we got stale, regimented and pretty mediocre for large periods over the last few years.

The thing I admire most about Clarko was his steely resolve to return the club to greatness and leave it in a better place than when he joined.

Testament to that is what we witnessed in the last few days with our leaders choosing to stick with the club despite obvious influences.

I wish him all the best with his travels and Tasmania and thank him for his legacy.

Far too much, considering what a genuinely awful man he is.

Really. I done some legal work for Linfox about 10 years ago and actually had dinner with Lindsay and a few others. Didn't find anything specifically 'awful' about him, a bit aloof perhaps, but for a bloke who dropped out of school at 16 and bought a second hand truck, he's done alright. Has he stepped on some toes along the way, sure, but he's not running a charity...
His head of logistics (at the time) on the other hand was/is probably someone I'd struggle to have a beer with...

BTW, as I alluded to months ago, the AFL media boof-heads (who continually chose to ignore Clarko's related hints and/or his education-leadership qualifications) will be made to look like the boof-heads they really are, if Clarko is given an opportunity in the US to pursue a career there, which may well happen...

Last edited:
Really. I done some legal work for Linfox about 10 years ago and actually had dinner with Lindsay and a few others. Didn't find anything specifically 'awful' about him, a bit aloof perhaps, but for a bloke who dropped out of school at 16 and bought a second hand truck, he's done alright. Has he stepped on some toes along the way, sure, but he's not running a charity...
His head of logistics (at the time) on the other hand was/is probably someone I'd struggle to have a beer with...

BTW, as I alluded to months ago, the AFL media boof-heads (who continually chose to ignore Clarko's related hints and/or his education-leadership qualifications) will be made to look like the boof-heads they really are, if Clarko is given an opportunity in the US to pursue a career there, which may well happen...

I have a story I heard. Remember when Kerry packers private pilot donated him a kidney, story goes when the news came out Fox’s pilot said ‘don’t think you’re ever getting mine’ to him

The thing I admire most about Clarko was his steely resolve to return the club to greatness and leave it in a better place than when he joined.

Testament to that is what we witnessed in the last few days with our leaders choosing to stick with the club despite obvious influences.

I wish him all the best with his travels and Tasmania and thank him for his legacy.

we owe him (lots more than the one year payout) immensely

I am not sure that the game has not passed him by. He definitely needs a freshen up though, because we got stale, regimented and pretty mediocre for large periods over the last few years.

I heard that opinion many times before 2012-16 too

Don’t be so sure. It takes more than Clarkson to win a flag. Where’s his Hodge, Mitchell, Rioli, Roughead..Fagan..etc…shall I go on?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

he was key and instrumental in building the clubs admin as well as the team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back