Past Jordan "I don’t think Sydney fans should be nervous at all" Dawson: Grand Theft Completed, traded 2021 to Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

In my opinion, the least he could have done was give an indication at his exit interview that this was what he was thinking.To blindside the club the way he did, and announce it when in Adelaide was somewhat disappointing I think. I think he could have shown more respect to the club that nurtured him and his career. I don't have a problem with the decision, I do think he could have handled it better.
Yeah if he didn't you have a point. But we're talking about a matter of a few days now, that he might have been misleading? Where he went home, maybe talked it over in person with family and came to a decision. Or he was leaning on staying, then got tipped over the other way.

Anyway it's done now. I'll just keep objecting if his character gets questioned, on the basis that no-one knows what they're talking about.

The Swans Crows match in 2022 is going to be intriguing.

Of much interest as the game against the Filth. I expect George to have a great game and I will enjoy it. We will still bolt in.

New Crow Jordan Dawson says his desire to return home grew stronger during the year as Sydney’s Covid situation forced the Swans to play out of New South Wales.

Dawson explaining his change from "I don't think..." in July to requesting a trade;
“definitely being on the road, Covid, everything”.

“It was in the back of my mind and throughout the year my feelings got stronger,” Dawson said.
“It was a hard thing to push away.
“Being closer to family and friends is what I wanted.
“We were in home quarantine (in Robe) for a couple of weeks and I was probably doing my girlfriend’s head in a bit because I was so undecided.
“I love Sydney and the thought of coming home was so strong, so weighing everything up was really tough."
“I love everyone at Sydney but Adelaide was where I wanted to be and was really happy they (the Swans) were able to get something in the trade. "

Clubs have to make plans & those plans rely on a certain degree of transparency.

By misleading the Swans, Dawson did the club a great disservice.

His former teammates will be angry, no matter how much Dawson would like to pretend otherwise.

The Swans Crows match in 2022 is going to be intriguing.
Intriguing?

Normal game IMO.

Swans aren't one of those teams.
Nor are the fans.

The best thing the swans can do to dawson is rub their team into the dirt.
If there's one thing worse than losing Dawson, it's losing him to the Crows (for me anyway). Flog them, give him some lip during the game on how Adelaide's going for him, then shake hands afterwards as I'm sure they will.

So just to be clear we are not hunting him down (Covid rules permitting) and cutting off his testicles?
I was near Robe (well, an hour away) last week. Thought about going a different way back to Adelaide, but figured if I bumped into him at the pub or a shop, I'd just embarrass myself by pleading for him to stay.

I’m well aware of some people’s opinion of my home city/state. Doesn’t really bother me, I love it and that’ll do for me.

But going on a three paragraph long passionate rant about why you hate an entire city because a footballer moved to one of its teams isn’t exactly what you call healthy behaviour.
Well I feel better having read that.
Must be healthy!

the PSD is not for equalisation. It has nothing at all to do with equalisation.

it’s sole purpose is to facilitate the movement of uncontracted players as a steam release valve in the draft/trade mechanisms. Without it the AFLPA and others may well have a case for restraint of trade.

it’s part of the suite of player movement mechanics, and in this case it’s the fallback to stop the system completely jamming up
Hi and thanks.

* off as well sweetie.

Bye bye.

Nothing of the sort.....I am going to get a Dawson voodoo doll and stick needles in his eyes.....and maybe his testicles as well !!
Is it worth making a suggestion to Swans merchandise for next season? Or probably best to wait to find out if anyone else picks up the 34 guernsey for next season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If there's one thing worse than losing Dawson, it's losing him to the Crows (for me anyway). Flog them, give him some lip during the game on how Adelaide's going for him, then shake hands afterwards as I'm sure they will.
After the Port game Aliir and lots of Swans players sought each other out. You could see the genuine camaraderie. Same with Jetta at WCE. Not sure we'll see quite so much warmth.

After the Port game Aliir and lots of Swans players sought each other out. You could see the genuine camaraderie. Same with Jetta at WCE. Not sure we'll see quite so much warmth.
Interesting you bring up Jetta, who I feel took his foot off the pedal towards the end of his time with us. That would annoy me more than anything Dawson has supposedly done. If he was ok, Dawson should be. Aliir was semi pushed out and one of the most popular players we've had recently, maybe not the fairest comparison.

I feel like most players who are in the same position where there's a bunch of factors testing their club loyalty, have had to go through the family/home separation in recent years, and know full well that loyalty doesn't necessarily go both ways - would get over it if it's their friend leaving. The Hawks players didn't disown Buddy when he left, we didn't get Papley or O'Keefe labelled traitors by the players or snubbed during on field celebrations after they wanted out.

When I see exceptions like Tex Walker throwing a tantrum in the media because teammates leave I see a lack of emotional maturity, I hope our players are all better than that.

Yeah if he didn't you have a point. But we're talking about a matter of a few days now, that he might have been misleading? Where he went home, maybe talked it over in person with family and came to a decision. Or he was leaning on staying, then got tipped over the other way.

Anyway it's done now. I'll just keep objecting if his character gets questioned, on the basis that no-one knows what they're talking about.
His character sucks.

In my opinion, the least he could have done was give an indication at his exit interview that this was what he was thinking.To blindside the club the way he did, and announce it when in Adelaide was somewhat disappointing I think. I think he could have shown more respect to the club that nurtured him and his career. I don't have a problem with the decision, I do think he could have handled it better.
I was under the impression that his exit interview was when he told them.

It seems pretty clear from Gardiner’s and Dawson’s respective comments that Dawson was not fully transparent with the Swans. We all have foibles and so we shouldn’t rush to judge as a person as Bloods86 rightly points out -
understanding and compassion are good things.

However, we are not here to discuss Dawson as a human being, we are here to discuss him as a footballer. And as a footballer, he f’d over my club. He knew we were planning long term around him, that we had a tight salary cap and that some of his teammates’ futures were on a razor’s edge. Regardless, he kept some of his concerns to himself and did what he thought was right for him and his family - good on him.

This doesn’t mean we have to like him as a footballer. And I suspect he has lost some respect from his ex-teammates. If I was in Dawson’s shoes I could both think I had done the right thing and expect a well-deserved hostile reception when I next played the Swans. And I suspect we will give that to him - I would be shocked if a Mills, Parker, Buddy, etc would pass up an opportunity to make him earn it, or get in his face if he makes an error.

I’m well aware of some people’s opinion of my home city/state. Doesn’t really bother me, I love it and that’ll do for me.

But going on a three paragraph long passionate rant about why you hate an entire city because a footballer moved to one of its teams isn’t exactly what you call healthy behaviour.
I don't hate Adelaide anymore than I hate the skin that forms on a cup of hot milk. Hanging out on another teams' board just in case you need to defend the honour of your little town is hardly healthy behaviour.

Get out and see the world, live somewhere else for a few years and you'll see Adelaide the way I do. I thought it was dull even when I lived in sleepy Slowbart. Did you marry the girl who sat next to you in 8th grade, or your cousin ? Do you live next door to your parents, or do you still live at home ? Get some perspective.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back