Strength Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym III

Remove this Banner Ad

I have seen this very rarely at my gym, while I obviously prefer they didnt I dont care. I definitely wouldnt say anything.

In any case IMO its the gym's staff responsibility to police these things.

I have seen this very rarely at my gym, while I obviously prefer they didnt I dont care. I definitely wouldnt say anything.

In any case IMO its the gym's staff responsibility to police these things.
Id probably look and have a chuckle at the w***er but beyond that i wouldnt care.

Ive absolutely lifted the shirt for a selife to send the wife (or before the wife whoever) but taking your shirt all the way off for a workout in a commercial gym is a pretty wanky move.

There’s a bit of look at me when shirtless gyming. But don’t think I’d go to extent of abusing shirtless person.

For me the moment you need to resort to abusing a person in the gym, is the time that your gym membership is going to come into question.

Thats not to say you never stand up for yourself or take s**t, but there is a time and place for everything.

Ive seen all sorts of gym f**kery and douchebags at the gym over the years and never said anything so it would have be something that extremely bothered me to say something, even then I probably would approach management first.

For me the moment you need to resort to abusing a person in the gym, is the time that your gym membership is going to come into question.

Thats not to say you never stand up for yourself or take sh*t, but there is a time and place for everything.

Ive seen all sorts of gym f**kery and douchebags at the gym over the years and never said anything so it would have be something that extremely bothered me to say something, even then I probably would approach management first.
This.

Also as much as i think its douchey to not wear a shirt at a commercial gym (i never wear one at home, just more washing) it doesnt affect me in the slightest.

Thats not to say you never stand up for yourself or take sh*t, but there is a time and place for everything.

This.

Also as much as i think its douchey to not wear a shirt at a commercial gym (i never wear one at home, just more washing) it doesnt affect me in the slightest.

Im not sure about dress code at your gyms, or mine for that matter, but yeah if it says wear a shirt then wear a shirt. people complain all the time about a business/club dress code, but hey if u dont like it there are other places you can frequent.

and agreement on persons abusing others. but they probably dont realise their behaviour is unbecoming. i think gyms are generally a place where judgement is left at the door, and mutual respect is high

Im not sure about dress code at your gyms, or mine for that matter, but yeah if it says wear a shirt then wear a shirt. people complain all the time about a business/club dress code, but hey if u dont like it there are other places you can frequent.

and agreement on persons abusing others. but they probably dont realise their behaviour is unbecoming. i think gyms are generally a place where judgement is left at the door, and mutual respect is high
As in the person NOT wearing the shirt doesnt realise?

As in the person NOT wearing the shirt doesnt realise?

As I said I have seen all sorts of dumb s**t in the gym over the years.

I got quietly pissed off, but never say or do anything.

People are either stupid, dont care or unaware. I suspect its all three.

both. abuser and non shirter
As I said I have seen all sorts of dumb sh*t in the gym over the years.

I think someone abusing a fellow gym patron (especially in the way that bloke did, calling him a f****t) is well aware he is unbecoming.

This did the rounds on the net a few years back. The abuser was a f**kwit.

As I said I have seen all sorts of dumb sh*t in the gym over the years.

I do think more and more people are less concerned about their actions impacting on others. Were more and more disconnected from the physical world and just in our own little zone.

Weve had this discussion before about big lads dumping heavy weights and grunting and how intimidating that can be to other gym goers. Some were adamant its their god given right to carry on like a flog and other be damned.

Id say most of the time if you approach someone with respect and ask if they could do X theyll generally comply cause they didnt even realise it was an issue, id say this shirtless bloke is the same "Hey mate, could you chuck a shirt on, youre making a few other uncomfortable" is very different to "PUT A ******* SHIRT ON YOU F****T"

I think someone abusing a fellow gym patron (especially in the way that bloke did, calling him a f****t) is well aware he is unbecoming.

Could be.

im also for equality so if men want to work out shirtless then women must be afforded the same right

(Log in to remove this ad.)

thats all kinds of wtf. my back hurt watching the knob kick the bar

also how do you assess his form?
His form is perfect.

Very impressive for a kid.

The adult male is just a wannabe alpha male, such a bitch taking on a kid with that tough guy attitude. If he tried that on a guy maybe a few years older he would have stood up to him and dropped him.

Kid deserves a lot of credit for standing his ground, its intimidating when someone has that f**ked up attitude.

I do think more and more people are less concerned about their actions impacting on others. Were more and more disconnected from the physical world and just in our own little zone.

Weve had this discussion before about big lads dumping heavy weights and grunting and how intimidating that can be to other gym goers. Some were adamant its their god given right to carry on like a flog and other be damned.

Id say most of the time if you approach someone with respect and ask if they could do X theyll generally comply cause they didnt even realise it was an issue, id say this shirtless bloke is the same "Hey mate, could you chuck a shirt on, youre making a few other uncomfortable" is very different to "PUT A ******* SHIRT ON YOU F****T"

I go in with the attitude of respecting everyone.

Mind you if I see gym f**kery and I need to use equipment, I wont have a problem of asking if someone is finished or how many sets left.

We sometimes have kids around 15-18 hit the gym, there is a bit of f**king around, showing off etc etc, but laugh at it as it reminds me of my time when I was younger. I mean I dont care what they do if they dont interfere directly with my workout.

I go in with the attitude of respecting everyone.

Mind you if I see gym f**kery and I need to use equipment, I wont have a problem of asking if someone is finished or how many sets left.

We sometimes have kids around 15-18 hit the gym, there is a bit of f**king around, showing off etc etc, but laugh at it as it reminds me of my time when I was younger. I mean I dont care what they do if they dont interfere directly with my workout.

I was never like that thankfully

I would be surprised if most in here from ages 15-18 didnt go to the gym with their mates and tried to lift more than what they realistically could and or also tried to show off?
I never did it at a "gym" ive always trained alone but from 15-21 i did most of my gym work at the footy club gym and we ALL did it.

had about 2 hours sleep last night. the deadshit in the gym this evening might be me
I had just 4.

I normally weigh up everything before deciding to go or not go, most times I would go.

While physically Im ok, mentally Im shot and not going in. If I go and push myself hard, I know it could end up fatiguing me in a negative manner.

Probably twice now in the past 3 months, I have had only one PUSH/PULL/LEGS cycle in a week. Normally I do two with a day off.

I never did it at a "gym" ive always trained alone but from 15-21 i did most of my gym work at the footy club gym and we ALL did it.
True, when youre at that dipsh*t age of around 18, you do dumb/silly/funny things.

Which is why when I see the kids do it, it gives me a good laugh to myself.

The only time I "exert" myself is if I definitely need to use some equipment and I will just ask them politely in any case.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back