Mega Thread The Official NBA offseason thread - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marcus Smart has been suspended for Friday's preseason game by the Boston Celtics after he missed the team flight to Orlando.

Smart is said to be "remorseful" for the issue.

Smart signed a four-year, $77 million extension with the Celtics this offseason.

Culture peternorth

Marcus Smart has been suspended for Friday's preseason game by the Boston Celtics after he missed the team flight to Orlando.

Smart signed a four-year, $77 million extension with the Celtics this offseason.

Culture peternorth
Udoka not playing around I like it.

I'm all for the new anti-Harden rule

Basketball might just be a bit more fun to watch this season.

It should be good but I expect to see an over correction in regards to not calling fouls in the early going.

Do I need to say anymore?

I think both these responses covered it.

Yeh you really didn't need to say anything to start with.
A bunch of D-league players vs Dallas' main lineup.

I really couldnt give a s**t what happens in preseason.
Terry, Hayward, Oubre did not play at all. Ball/Bridges/Washington played 10 minutes each.
Doncic, Hardaway and Porkz played 25+ minutes each.
Do you guys have a ******* clue or what?

For a basketball forum theres really minimal understanding of basketball.

Did we care when the heat lost by 50 last season in pre-season?

Real question is are Boston or Port ever going to have the yearly success that their fans parrot every single season?
Or is it going to be another finals choke?

Last edited:
Giddey being prevented from racking up a triple double right now. Yet another example of the clear anti-Australian bias in the NBA.

Giddy was on track for a triple double before he was sat. 13, 9 and 8 in 28 minutes. Apparently if gets a triple double in first 60 games will be youngest ever (over LaMelo)
Preseason wouldnt count.
As we are learning in this thread.

Can see him getting one pretty early though. He will get a free run at a poor OKC this year.

Giddy was on track for a triple double before he was sat. 13, 9 and 8 in 28 minutes. Apparently if gets a triple double in first 60 games will be youngest ever (over LaMelo)
If he does that it should be enough to get the media hype train rolling for his ROTY campaign.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeh you really didn't need to say anything to start with.
A bunch of D-league players vs Dallas' main lineup.

I really couldnt give a sh*t what happens in preseason.
Terry, Hayward, Oubre did not play at all. Ball/Bridges/Washington played 10 minutes each.
Doncic, Hardaway and Porkz played 25+ minutes each.
Do you guys have a ******* clue or what?

For a basketball forum theres really minimal understanding of basketball.

Did we care when the heat lost by 50 last season in pre-season?

Real question is are Boston or Port ever going to have the yearly success that their fans parrot every single season?
Or is it going to be another finals choke?
Ever heard of a thing called taking pride in what you do? Let's get rolled by 68 and not care because it's only preseason. Great mindset.

Can see how high your expectations are for this season...

Well, I for one as a fan of both teams never rave on about winning championships or titles as there are other teams that I take into consideration. Both teams I support are good but not quite up there. Surprised you didn't bring united into this either.

Had to go there, didn't you? Have fun with both crows and hornets rebuilding for the next decade because of the incompetency in management that is running the franchises. :thumbsu:

Well being a Suns and Saints fan I guess pre-season has been your grand final for your entire life.
Also Tex Walker shouldnt have needed to apologise.

Know what was said?
Context in which it was said?

I do. And it really wasnt nearly as bad as people made out.

Ive heard AFL players say much worse, racially, on the field during a game

Not surprised the simpletons here would hang a bloke without even knowing what he did. Fits in with the thread nicely.

Last edited:
Ever heard of a thing called taking pride in what you do? Let's get rolled by 68 and not care because it's only preseason. Great mindset.

Can see how high your expectations are for this season...

Well, I for one as a fan of both teams never rave on about winning championships or titles as there are other teams that I take into consideration. Both teams I support are good but not quite up there. Surprised you didn't bring united into this either.

Had to go there, didn't you? Have fun with both crows and hornets rebuilding for the next decade because of the incompetency in management that is running the franchises. :thumbsu:

Bro ever heard of guys that barely D league standard playing against guys like Doncic and Porkz.
Its literally like your Thursday night social team taking on an NBL team. Literally half the players that played in that game wont be on our roster in a week.

Well look you wanted to get personal and say stupid s**t so I called you out.

Are you worried that Boston lost to Orlando then only beat them by a point? (They will be the worst team in hte NBA this year the magic)

Its *ing preseason. Overreactions aplenty.

Question: Do you ask the lakers fans if theyre 'taking pride' in their 0-6 preseason?.... Funny I dont see you commenting on that. Guess Lebron doesnt take pride in his performances... right? You should probably tweet him and tell him to 'take pride in his preseason performance' :p

Last edited:

Culture peternorth

hmmm, how does one simply miss a flight?

Bro ever heard of guys that barely D league standard playing against guys like Doncic and Porkz.
Its literally like your Thursday night social team taking on an NBL team. Literally half the players that played in that game wont be on our roster in a week.

Well look you wanted to get personal and say stupid sh*t so I called you out.

Are you worried that Boston lost to Orlando then only beat them by a point? (They will be the worst team in hte NBA this year the magic)

Its f*n preseason. Overreactions aplenty.

Question: Do you ask the lakers fans if theyre 'taking pride' in their 0-6 preseason?.... Funny I dont see you commenting on that. Guess Lebron doesnt take pride in his performances... right? You should probably tweet him and tell him to 'take pride in his preseason performance' :p
LMAO bro they had 27 points combined. Take them out you still lose by 41.... Like i said me and you have different standards.

Like the stupid s**t that Tex didn't need to apologize? Really like I don't mean to make anyone look like a fool but you seem to share the same amount of intelligence as tex, as it pertains to be. PS I' not the only one that thought it was bad losing by 68 points to be fair.

No 1 point as to oppose 68 hmmmmm, Nah I've got Houston or Cleveland as front runners for the worst team this year, magic in 3rd.

I couldn't care less if it was the last game of the season with nothing to play for you don't lose like that wow I can't believe I have to explain this...

Lakers aren't getting blown out are they? If they were then I would, I'm predicting them to have a shaky first 20 games while they get their act together but massive difference in rosters between the lakers and hornets in case you weren't aware. Besides, peternorth has a tendency to go from one extreme to the other inside the timeframe of a quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back