List Mgmt. 2021 Trade and List Management thread III. IN: CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he stays.
But it could go either way.

Feels to me like he'll be delisted. We traded into those four draft picks specifically and even if we're able to trade up the logical move is to elevate Edwards. I expect we delist Campbell so perhaps we make a choice in one of those rookie spots being Ham or Atley should neither get picked up as a DFA.

It's very interesting, obviously they convinced him to request the trade, but it seems an odd choice for X, concerned he is potentially stuck behind Goldy and CCJ, but wants to head to a club where he would be behind Rowan and Ryder. Maybe thought Ryder has less left than Goldy, but the other side would be Rowan is far more established than CCJ. It's a bit like Preuss being stuck behind Goldy heading to the Dees to be stuck behind the younger Gawn. Maybe the security of a contract extension makes it seem like a good move?

Anyway, I'm glad X is still on our list!
Preuss has had a very successful career to date, if you take the actual playing of football out of it of course.

Feels to me like he'll be delisted. We traded into those four draft picks specifically and even if we're able to trade up the logical move is to elevate Edwards. I expect we delist Campbell so perhaps we make a choice in one of those rookie spots being Ham or Atley should neither get picked up as a DFA.
One more delisted would make everything easier to understand.
At's gives us depth in a position we really need it.
Even if he is delisted I see he and Ham training with us over summer in the hope of getting a spot.
Campbell and Dumont would seem to be done.

Atley stays, maybe give him an extra year on the rookie list. We need his experience, and gold standard ability to handle to whipping boy tag on our list. Players like him don’t grow on trees. Too much inexperienced, next generation whipping boys on our list that are not ready to take over full time from Ats. They need time.

Pearce would be great, if he didn’t break a mirror with a black cat while walking under a ladder

giantroo do you happen to have any insight as to why the frog/club relationship has soured so badly?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had 18 of this starting 22 in my round 1 side

I had:

In: Comben, Scott, J.Walker, Mahony
Out: Powell, Phillips, Turner, Atu

Turner was an oversight on my behalf
Its much harder to do this year than in previous years.
Pick 20 may also be someone with scope to play straight away.
So that will confuse things even more.
I expect much better VFL performances next year if we can keep injuries to a minimum.

Ok, to start this new thread. Just a break down of our current list

Basing this off the 36/6 model we ran in 2021

Current Primary list spots: 32/36
Current Cat A rookies: 3/6
Current Cat B rookies 1/2

OOC players

Dumont
Atley
Campbell (rookie)
Ham (rookie)

We're committed to 4 draft picks at this stage.

Depends on what we plan to do with the OOC players, we either go 36-6 and not leave any primary list spots. This gives us the option of 3 rookie spots for the rookie/SPP/Midseason drafts.
We can go 37 and 5 and leaves us with a 4/5 draft picks/or 1 spot for PSD/DFA or 2 spots for the Rookie/SSP/MD drafts
Or we can 38 and 4 and leaves us with 4/6 draft picks/or 2 spots for PSD/DFA or 1 spot for the Rookie/SSP/MD drafts

Maybe a simpler way to think of it is to ignore the distinction between main list and Cat A rookies since there is flexibility between them. Thinking that way we have 7/42 spots free. Assuming we take at 4 in the draft, we then can have three out of:
  • OOC players: Dumont, Atley, Ham, Campbell
  • Rookie draft
  • Midseason draft
  • PSD / DFA

NORTH MELBOURNE

Ben Cunnington

Kayne Turner*

Todd Goldstein

All three I imagine will be locked away quite quickly
Wouldn’t surprise me if Goldy has his last year and we phase him out

plan longer term and have Xerri and CCJ rucking from 2023 for the next decade

Remove this Banner Ad