Analysis 2021 trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Some of these guys probably, either by delisting or smaller contracts on the rear of their career.

2022:
Darcy Gardiner
Thomas Berry
Noah Answerth
Daniel McStay
Cam Ellis-Yolman
Ely Smith
Nakia Cockatoo
Deven Robertson
Jaxon Prior
Ryan Lester
Deividas Uosis (R)
Blake Coleman
Henry Smith
Daniel Rich
Dayne Zorko
Carter Michael (R)
Connor McFadyen
Mitch Robinson
Keidean Coleman
Tom Fullarton
Kalin Lane (R)

Half our list off contract next year. I wonder if they've planned this over the last 12 months to ensure we have lots of picks to be able to match bids with low picks...
Going to be interesting to watch how we accrue enough second and third round picks.

Our future (2023) picks probably don’t have the same attraction as Collingwood’s future picks had this year.

I’m still keen to trade our 2022 first for a first in 2023, and would have a late second round pick as the buyers premium.

And hopefully can trade our 2023 second round pick for another late 2022 second round pick.

Yeah I heard that as well but where is the money coming from next season that isn’t here this season?
There's a pretty hefty rise in the salary cap next year. A fair bunch of that will probably be taken up by backloading covid paycuts, but you could probably have arranged some wiggle room in that.

I can wait until after the draft for it.
Given we haven't even seen a preseason yet, I don't see how anyone could make a coherent argument one way or another beyond what everyone already knows.

There's a pretty hefty rise in the salary cap next year. A fair bunch of that will probably be taken up by backloading covid paycuts, but you could probably have arranged some wiggle room in that.
If this was true weren't we one of the only clubs that didn't get their players to take paycuts? Therefore that increase in the salary cap would be able to be allocated to free-agents or trades.

If this was true weren't we one of the only clubs that didn't get their players to take paycuts? Therefore that increase in the salary cap would be able to be allocated to free-agents or trades.

I suspect so - I reckon our window will be open in the next couple of years. As Rich and Zorko retire, we'll able to target a couple of big names to replace them.

Player payments, including ASAs, are $13,165,950 in 2021, a cut of 9 per cent due to the pandemic. Player payments for 2022 are slated to be $14,769,322 if there are no cuts. All subject to the current contracts and without factoring in recruiting at season’s end or re-negotiations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any interest in Charlie Constable?

Any interest in Charlie Constable?
Way too slow.

On moto g(30) using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back