Rumour Ricky Nixon selling dodgy footballs?

Remove this Banner Ad

Should put him & Duthie on an island together and surround it with mines.
The explosive type not the gold type, although both are gold diggers so it would be quite apt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’d have to think if he’s done this to a number of people there could be some action. I know one guy got $500 back out of $595. He then blocked him. He could have made $1000s off this.

I get it; I'd rather not but I had to buy through Ricky too - he is the only one I know of selling Carlton 2021 Premiership footballs (I couldn't afford his Carlton 2019-2021 3-peat balls).

You're not saying they might be fake too?

Some of Nixon's prices are hard to ignore, not sure why some people give him such a hard time, stupidly claiming his stuff is fake..?

For example, a few years back I bought a 2016 GC Suns premiership ball, signed by all the players and also a beautifully presented framed replica of Gerry Ablott's Norm Smith medal - both for just under $1000, an absolute bargain..!

Ricky told me they would be limited production and very rare collectables and he was bang on - as I've never seen any more like it...

Last edited:
Article needs a cut'n'paste for us paywall-challenged.

AFL identity Ricky Nixon stands accused of cheating footy fans and charities over years, amid claims he sold fake memorabilia and staged a sham children’s cancer fundraiser.

There are also allegations a high-profile footy fundraiser held by Nixon in 2019 for a children’s cancer charity was a sham.
The Kicking for Cancer charity match at Trevor Barker Oval was advertised as raising funds for children’s cancer charity MyRoom.
A source involved in the event alleged the funds were never donated and it’s understood formal arrangements with the charity were never made.

A team of detectives based at Box Hill is investigating claims Nixon duped multiple Melbourne fans with fake 2021 premiership memorabilia he claimed was being sold to benefit a children’s charity.
At least 20 Sherrin balls were sold by Nixon for $575 apiece, despite players only signing 10 official footballs.

It’s understood detectives will focus on the 2021 fraud allegations against Nixon before examining historical claims.
It comes as Nixon did an about face in court on Thursday, abandoning his fight over unpaid parking tickets and copping a fine three times the original cost

Melbourne scam seemingly not the first;
An ardent Richmond supporter paid Nixon $550 last year for a footy he was told was signed by the premiership-winning team.
The fan, who did not want to be named, is certain the signatures are fake and has reported it to police. “It’s the lowest act,” he said.

I understand the Richmond's fan frustration, but tricky Ricky's alleged cancer scam is a fairly bloody low act.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back