Movie Your favourite Movie/TV scenery or locations

Remove this Banner Ad

Inspired by a movie thread they got going over on GD.

This isnt about the best movies, the best actors, scripts or academy award winners. Post some of your favourite scenery or locations you've come across watching a movie.

Stairs from The Joker- The "Joker Stairs" is the colloquial name for a step street connecting Shakespeare and Anderson avenues at West 167th Street in Highbridge in the Bronx, New York City. Located near the 167th Street station on the New York City Subway's 4 train, the stairs served as one of the filming locations in the 2019 film Joker

2ebf797e43beccf562122864c8a79eb2.jpg

and

Basically every single shot up on the "work in progress observation deck" of the WTC in "The Walk"

the%2Bwalk%252C%2Bfoto%2B1.jpg

the-walk-1.jpg

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
As a little kid, the scenery of moves like Planet of Apes where Charlton Heston going along a beach on a planet his spaceship crashed on, only to find out it is Earth and they totally destroyed humanity.
Statue of Liberty he comes across in final scenes. So somehow the spaceship he was on crashed back down to Earth but sometime in the future.
Brilliant.

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Altered States is a crazy sci-fi movie made in early 1980's.
Scenes out of that to portray what the guy was experiencing regressing back to primitive base existence were brilliantly done for their time.
Stuck with me forever as one of most amazing movies I saw.

Was watching The Return on Stan about four years ago and then the atomic bomb scene so reminded me so much of it and was a really weird trip for cinema.
Scenery out of The Return is just so amazing and weird so many times.

Poetic Justice

i will touch the sun or i will die trying
Wordler
Jun 21, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Might need to find one
Sorry if not really relevant but I always appreciate Top Gear/The Grand Tour for the stuff they show us

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Even better- which movie locations have you actually been to?

I can only think of one TV- the Seinfeld diner.
Lived and drove past the court they filmed Neighbours hundreds of times in mid to late 90's.
Seen a few scenes in movies and tv shows on the beach around near Sandringham and BlackRock where walked heaps of times too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Idk it is with me and stairs... these from The Exorcist- located in Washington DC.

W1siZiIsInVwbG9hZHMvcGxhY2VfaW1hZ2VzL2Y0MDM1ODhjOGU0NzMzYzUyNF9FeG9yY2lzdF9zdGVwc19uaWdodC5qcGciXSxbInAiLCJ0aHVtYiIsIngzOTA-Il0sWyJwIiwiY29udmVydCIsIi1xdWFsaXR5IDgxIC1hdXRvLW9yaWVudCJdXQ

The Exorcist steps, which used to be called the "Hitchcock steps,"[1] are concrete stairs, continuing 36th Street,[2] descending from the corner of Prospect St and 36th St NW, down to a small parking lot, set back from the intersection of M Street NW, Canal Rd NW, and Whitehurst Freeway NW in the Georgetown neighborhood of Washington, D.C., famous for being featured in the 1973 film The Exorcist. The steps were built in 1895 during construction of the adjacent Capital Traction Company Barn for cable cars,[2] serving as a lightwell and public right of way.

For The Exorcist, the steps were padded with half-inch-thick (13 mm) rubber to film the death of the character Father Damien Karras. Because the house from which Karras falls was set back slightly from the steps, the film crew constructed an eastward extension with a false front to the house in order to film the scene.[3][4][1]

Back