Player Watch Jack Madgen (Delisted 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

He is decent depth and probably wouldn’t get a game if Moore and Howe were available. You need players like him on your list, but hope they are only needed half a dozen times a season at most. Jack Madgen is not the reason we lose games. Bigger issues are in the middle with Pendles and Steele approaching the end and Beams, Treloar and Stephenson picks all been pi**ed up against the wall.
So I assume he hasn't....had a game while both were in the side?

So I assume he hasn't....had a game while both were in the side?

Don’t know but with Trey potentially becoming a long term option going forward he probably wouldn’t very often. I would think if we had a full list to choose from he would be outside best 22. But if we don’t that is what depth is for.

If he’s getting games in 22 we are cooked.
The only reason he survives is because Hine is good mates with Rendell....and he’s Rendell’s nephew.

If he’s getting games in 22 we are cooked.
The only reason he survives is because Hine is good mates with Rendell....and he’s Rendell’s nephew.
I think he is semi experienced depth cover for injuries, suspensions or the next Collingwood player to be arrested for some obscure offence.

If the Madge is not the next cab off the rank.. imma catch a cab to Sebastopol.. and crawl all the way back home in my g bangers mate..

I have absolutely had it man.. I can't anymore.. I'm done.

Sooo ... just another run-of-the-mill Saturday night for you then Gimp???

I think he is semi experienced depth cover for injuries, suspensions or the next Collingwood player to be arrested for some obscure offence.

Madgen being a big body in the magoos to shield the younger KPD's running around down there a bit longer will also be a useful contribution.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A favourite of bucks that will be moved on at some point by the new coaches.

But that can only do so if others like Keane, Kelly, Wilson are good enough to replace him 🤷‍♂️

Unless we bring in mature defensive talent then that could take a while... and Madgen survive on the list beyond next year

A collection of speculative late picks and rookies... We have the worst (or close to it) developing KPP stocks in the league

But that can only do so if others like Keane, Kelly, Wilson are good enough to replace him 🤷‍♂️

Unless we bring in mature defensive talent then that could take a while... and Madgen survive on the list beyond next year

A collection of speculative late picks and rookies... We have the worst (or close to it) developing KPP stocks in the league

Here's hoping a club will be generous enough to offer us pick 108 in a trade for the Madge re..

Not sure how you can call it the worst. By definition they are developing and unproven. Hard to tell if they are any good or not. A total least we have a good number of genuine kpps on the list now. ( Kreuger Begg McMahon Kelly Johnson etc)

Last year Madgen was called on when we lost Moore and Howe.

The question will be who we select if we lose one or two players again. If the club thinks Keane Kelly Murphy or Kreuger could do any better thanMadgen did last year then maybe he’s surplus to requirements. I suspect we still need him for another year though as he’s still ahead of the developing players

Great player Madge, very under rated, provides plenty of run and is a very handy player to have on the list
Madgen is injury depth, kudos to him for marginally improving each year.
But Keane, Wilson, even Kelly and Murphy should be played before him
These 5 players are probably vying for 2 spots next year after McRae and Co. evaluate them this season
I'd back Kelly and Wilson
Also prefer to drop Madgen and bring in Brander or Schlensog for this season

I'm also not a huge fan of the Madge but he's an honest battler. No ill will to the guy but if he's getting games our list is lacking in his area.

To his credit to make it to the top level in 2 sports (AFL and NBL) isn't something to be sneezed at.

In all reality if you look at his NBL stats there is an argument to be made that he was the worst player in the NBL as well....

He was first choice CHB once Moore went down with injury... admittedly the coaching staff have changed but I reckon Jack is safe for 2022...
He didn’t really play CHB though. He played a sweeping role along with Mayne racking up loose possessions, he wasn’t minding key forwards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back