Prediction 2022 Fixture - that's entertainment. Your Freo predictions.

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Ok once trade week is over, it's always easier to predict the match ups that the drama queens and bean counters in AFL House will make. I'll say:

• Within the first five rounds of the season: Fremantle (a) vs Geelong at Kardinya and Fremantle (h) vs Carlton at Optus
  • Double ups Port (top 6); Eagles and GWS (middle 6): Carlton and North (bottom 6)
  • Away games in Tassie (North) and NT (Melbourne)
  • One MCG game (Richmond)
  • One Friday night game (Essendon, home)

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
No Thursday or Friday games
1 Tassie Game vs Hawthorn
2 games against West Coast
1 Canberra game against the Giants
1 MCG game
1 NSW game against the Swans
1 QLD game against the Suns

Last edited:
May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
We won't get a Friday night game. I see Freo getting a Thursday night game during the bye rounds.

Dead certain Freo will get a Tassie game. Hoping it's against north as I would love another win in Tassie. We broke the drought vs hawks in Tassie.

I want Essendon in docklands. I am keen to break that losing streak too after 3 close defeats to them in 2019-21.

Got a crazy feeling were are going to get saints and blues twice lol

Apr 18, 2011
Japan
AFL Club
Fremantle
I reckon after getting caught out with covid and borders this year the AFL will make sure everyone has played everyone once in the first 17 rounds before doing the 5 double ups at the end
That should be how they do it regardless of Covid but what do I know, I don't have a gigantic brain like the super geniuses at the AFL.

Sep 16, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
You'll start the season playing a bottom six team on a Sunday afternoon in Perth. My guess is Adelaide.
You'll host a Friday night game vs Carlton to cash in on the Cerra trade.
You'll also host a Saturday night derby. You'd have likely gotten one last season had our game vs Melbourne not moved to Monday night the week before.
Most other home games will be played on a Sunday afternoon. We'll be copping the same don't you worry.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
You'll start the season playing a bottom six team on a Sunday afternoon in Perth. My guess is Adelaide.
You'll host a Friday night game vs Carlton to cash in on the Cerra trade.
You'll also host a Saturday night derby. You'd have likely gotten one last season had our game vs Melbourne not moved to Monday night the week before.
Most other home games will be played on a Sunday afternoon. We'll be copping the same don't you worry.
I'm going to say Freos 1st home game will either be north or GWS or Collingwood.

West coast will get at least one Thursday night game in Perth.

Oct 3, 2006
Block 345
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Glasgow Celtic, Roys FFC, NUFC,
One Friday night game - Sydney at home.
Our Derby will be a Sunday twilight.
The other Derby will be a Saturday evening.
The beer will be another 50c more expensive taking it to $11

We'll play North in Tassie
Brisbane Away
Melbourne in Darwin.
One game at the G. Richmond.
Opening round Saints.

BStaff17

Premiership Player
Aug 1, 2016
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Don't forget our usual game against Gold Coast within the first three rounds when they're fresh and on fire before the wheels fall off and they lose every single game from round 4 on...

If you cant beat Gold Coast at anytime of the year you don't deserve to play finals.

In 11 seasons they have only won 59 games and just 12 of those against sides they have gone on to play finals that season.

Prime time fights
Dale's post has our requests for the fixture. key/interesting ones for me are
  • Both WA clubs investigating doing their own 'Dreamtime' fixture as part of the Indigenous round
  • Both clubs want the derby to be on national FTA and on Friday night (lol, not a chance)
  • wanting to avoid playing in Tassie, NT or Geelong (6 in Vic, 2 at AO, 1 in NSW, 1 in QLD)
  • Want home game round 1, sunday night games for Len Hall game (day before ANZAC day) and on the WA Day long weekend (we had that as well this year yeah?)

Back