Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Not sure if thread has been created.
Love definitely to Bob Murphy joining the club as Head of Football Operations. Big fan of his as a player. Humble, passionate and by the sounds of it, loves Freo.

Not sure if thread has been created.
Love definitely to Bob Murphy joining the club as Head of Football Operations. Big fan of his as a player. Humble, passionate and by the sounds of it, loves Freo.

#2 fan here.
Total ASSETT!

Trade ...tick
Kelm...tick
Bob...tick
...Now to nail the draft!

Listening to Bob is like listening to Neil Balme.

They don't say anything outstanding but they preach working together and developing relationships.

Both are humble, laid back and easy to speak with.

Got a great feeling about Bob.

You have to like the context of his answers to the same tired old questions trundled out by the same tired old journos.
Bobs responses are certainly not cliche driven.

You have to like the context of his answers to the same tired old questions trundled out by the same tired old journos.
Bobs responses are certainly not cliche driven.
Working on SEN, Foxsport and being Captain of an AFL team makes him very able to perform in front of the media.

Between Bell and Murphy they can shield from JLo from the media.

Lol more like jobs for the boys. He’s only there cause his good friend hired him.

exactly what experience does he have in club management? Absolutely none. I’d be annoyed if I was a freo supporter

Who is this fart eater? Go back to the Richmond board. No one asked or cares what your opinion is.

Absolutely stoked about this appointment, quality human being who’ll hopefully add a lot to the club.
One benefit is the Vic centric AFL media love him so we may start getting a bit more of a positive wrap from the likes of King and Whately and co that are typically negative on Freo.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Lol more like jobs for the boys. He’s only there cause his good friend hired him.

exactly what experience does he have in club management? Absolutely none. I’d be annoyed if I was a freo supporter
What a dick of a comment. He is perfect for the role due to his playing experience & his specific education through the Bulldogs.

So you would bring in a non player because they have club management experience? Yep they could do 50% of the job, but couldn’t mentor the players because they have nfi on the playing side of things.

Club captains & leaders are highly educated by the clubs away from the general playing group in all aspects of leadership, relationships, high performance & player management. Club captains don’t just toss the coin these days, they lead, motivate & manage the playing group under them through intense education.

This is the exact definition of the role;

Tell us about the role.
The role is head of football operations and performance. It is a management role that stretches across several departments, one of those being the AFLW which I have got a real passion for, development group, leadership group, high performance.

Stay on your own board you tosser.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really pleased to have Bob onboard . Loved him as a player and person
Great to have a quirky individual like him at the club

Lets face it ..We dont like vanilla at Freo!

Liked his interview with Richo ..

Last edited:

I bet you were one of the many of Tiger fans who wanted Hardwick and Peggy O’Neil gone.

Neale Balme was selected because he was a Tigers star, job for the boys.

Murphy isn’t the head coach or football manager.

Its his first job and all know that he is well liked and respected plus he has leadership on steroids.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back