Radio 1116 SEN 2023 Line-up

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Jordan has been doing the 5-6am slot....haven't heard Damo for a couple of weeks.

...also agree with everything said above about the host and show from Perth......hard to keep up with him and the sound is terrible.

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Damo doing the overnight program atm due to Phil Prior being in hospital for a hip replacement I think it is. Phil mentioned it last week, said he has bad arthritis and needs an operation..

..poor bugger, he's only 32. Hope all goes well for him.

Lol golden quill for the team who had the best trade period. For real?

What were the odds someone on sen won the Scott palmer award?

Anyone hear the caller talk about kyrie irving situation ? Started off on track then went on to USA governments in yesteryear testing men with syphallis using them as puppets.

Woah

lumpinee

MK ULTRA
Jul 18, 2019
across the park from commission flats
AFL Club
Richmond
should be more of it,looking into the murky,messy and disturbing past and present of the U.S. military and theyre dark experiments
Australia's military nefarious past and present wouldn't be outta place in discussions as well :hearteyes: beats the sporting drivel they dish up

Collingwood 4 eternity

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood

lumpinee

MK ULTRA
Jul 18, 2019
across the park from commission flats
AFL Club
Richmond
Lol golden quill for the team who had the best trade period. For real?

What were the odds someone on sen won the Scott palmer award?

Anyone hear the caller talk about kyrie irving situation ? Started off on track then went on to USA governments in yesteryear testing men with syphallis using them as puppets.

Woah
lol :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:...who went outta the lane ? bobby ? or the caller ?

spike101

All Australian
Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Overnights has changed, last night was evidence of that. Paul Heath talking and talking and talking, without taking a breath, without taking a single talkback call in the two-odd hours I had it on. And the sound quality, coming from WA as he does, is really off, like a pre-record. I remember when AW tried a networked, news-heavy Overnights format; it tanked and within about 18 months they reverted back to the old State-based shows, with their odd-ball characters, American Truck driver-callers and all that :huh:
I don't know Paul Heath but maybe no one called in?

Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Overnights has changed, last night was evidence of that. Paul Heath talking and talking and talking, without taking a breath, without taking a single talkback call in the two-odd hours I had it on. And the sound quality, coming from WA as he does, is really off, like a pre-record. I remember when AW tried a networked, news-heavy Overnights format; it tanked and within about 18 months they reverted back to the old State-based shows, with their odd-ball characters, American Truck driver-callers and all that :huh:

It has, I don't mind it. Its a cost thing but I think National overnights can work in SEN's case, should be mainly overseas sport. Its not ideal but better than replays.

I still think they could mix the replays up a bit. They have so many shows now a days. If they have to do repeats then I'd rather hear some interviews from SEN WA for example

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
It has, I don't mind it. Its a cost thing but I think National overnights can work in SEN's case, should be mainly overseas sport. Its not ideal but better than replays.

I still think they could mix the replays up a bit. They have so many shows now a days. If they have to do repeats then I'd rather hear some interviews from SEN WA for example

I turn it off when the talk is overseas sport or NRL......I like hearing replays of interviews done in daytime and yes, do them from nation wide. I don't get to hear much of daytime shows, a bit here and a bit there is about it.

....and I wish someone would tell Russell to stop SHOUTING into the mic. He's painful enough without the shouting as well.

May 22, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
I turn it off when the talk is overseas sport or NRL

The bloke on Overnights who calls in from the USA - the truck-driver named Chris - he's not on the SEN payroll but he could talk at length under wet cement. They give his calls at least 20 minutes every night, I reckon sometimes it might even be 30+ minutes. I have no interest in American sports either.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC

All Hargraves does is play replays and talk s**t

Collingwood 4 eternity

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
All Hargraves does is play replays and talk sh*t

The night Hargreaves wasn’t on last week (tue ? ) and Damo Watson replaced him , that regular caller Damien from Frankston calling in asking Watson if he can have a prize because it’s his birthday. damn cheek

Maybee in the old Sen days lol , maybee they could have given him a losing betting ticket from Sen track

Jan 11, 2009
melb
AFL Club
Essendon
Gary and Tim even though they don’t know much outside of AFL, they are actually good when not talking afl, they get different guest in and are enjoyable I find, thank god Bob has gone, will really miss the brilliant work of beardmen, moustachemen, big nostrilsmen, brilliant radio.,

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The bloke on Overnights who calls in from the USA - the truck-driver named Chris - he's not on the SEN payroll but he could talk at length under wet cement. They give his calls at least 20 minutes every night, I reckon sometimes it might even be 30+ minutes. I have no interest in American sports either.

Have always felt there was something suss there.....he is so very knowledgable about US sport, makes me wonder why he hasn't got a gig over there.....also, not once have I heard any truck/traffic sounds in background when he says he's travelling from A to B etc....sometimes I think he is actually here too.

softtiger9

Cancelled
Sep 21, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
The night Hargreaves wasn’t on last week (tue ? ) and Damo Watson replaced him , that regular caller Damien from Frankston calling in asking Watson if he can have a prize because it’s his birthday. damn cheek

Maybee in the old Sen days lol , maybee they could have given him a losing betting ticket from Sen track
Signed by tags,just to make it even less than worthless

MauroFogheri

Fill the crucible
Jun 14, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Perhaps but there is a bit of a tradition of Americans ringing late-night radio. I remember Nightlife on ABC had an American bloke phone in nearly every night. Apparently he was disabled, and was always whinging about the US health care system, despite the fact that half the time he had a carer there, who used to say hello to Delroy from the background. (One day when playing the quiz he was being bathed, so we had this ridiculous situation of a mid-western American having his balls washed playing a radio quiz on the other side of the world :huh: )

Back