Remove this Banner Ad

* UPDATE Cleo has been found alive and well in a locked room in Carnarvon. This is the absolute best outcome.

Police are launching a major search for a 4-year-old girl missing from a campsite in Western Australia's North West.

Cleo Smith was last seen at 1:30am in her family's tent at the Blowholes Shacks in Macleod, about 75 kilometres north of Carnarvon by road.

But when her family woke up at 6:00am, she was missing.

Cleo was last seen wearing a pink and purple one-piece sleepsuit with a blue-and-yellow pattern.

It is believed land and air assets will join the search shortly.

The campsite is close to the blowholes at Point Quobba.

On 4 November 2021, police charged 36-year-old Carnarvon resident Terence Darrell Kelly ******************* one count of forcibly taking a child under 16.

Kelly appeared before the Carnarvon Magistrates Court and did not apply for bail. The matter will return to court on 6 December 2021.

Kelly was flown to Perth on 5 November 2021 and was transferred to Casuarina Prison where there are concerns for his mental state after two self harming incidents and threats from other prisoners.

This case is unique and defies all the statistics leaving just about everybody including criminologists and forensic shrinks, scratching their heads.

Kelly's lived alone, continuing to collect Bratz dolls and building an elaborate fantasy life which was played out online, since his 'grandmother' died.

* As this case is before the courts, sub judice rule should be observed.

Last edited:

A big 'oh fu**' moment when I saw that on facebook this morning. Tough, tough conditions in every direction that this little girl could have wandered into.

Yeh I agree after I had a quick look at the surrounds. Sunrise was at 5.38am and I can't imagine a 4yo would strike out before that so she's possibly twenty minutes ahead of any search party.

My sister in law works in the same firm as the aunty of the missing child.
Apparently my sister in law heard the Aunty say that it appears to be an abduction because something else was missing, but I won't say what she allegedly said was missing, in case the police are withholding this information to eliminate cranks who might confess to things that they're not responsible for.

Sent from my SM-A305YN using Tapatalk

If another item was missing, I'd assume it'd have to be something much too heavy/bulky for a 4 year old to carry far to make a case for abduction.

Young children have very interesting thought patterns so unless it was an item she definitely couldn't have carried on her own I wouldn't say it necessarily means she was abducted. If she had in her mind an "adventure" planned a 4 year old could come up with any random reason in their head to justify taking an unusual object they were capable of carrying.

I'm not ruling abduction out but I do know in cases like this many families lean towards abduction because it gives them someone to blame and direct their emotions to rather than it just being a tragic case of a young child wanting to explore and not knowing the dangers.

Extremely sad either way, especially so close after that young boy at Fernhook Falls last week

Apparently my sister in law heard the Aunty say that it appears to be an abduction because something else was missing, but I won't say what she allegedly said was missing, in case the police are withholding this information to eliminate cranks who might confess to things that they're not responsible for.

I was thinking more along the lines earlier that it might be something that wasn't missing, her shoes for example that probably would indicate that she had been taken given she wouldn't get far in bare feet over that ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Her sleeping bag, that's not a good sign.

I must have missed this, they didn't find him?

I haven't heard a news report saying they had, but perhaps I missed it.

Sounds like he fell out of a boat on the Deep River and likely drowned. I think police divers did find items of clothing but so far the boy hasn't been found. Extremely sad situations in the north and the south

I haven't heard a news report saying they had, but perhaps I missed it.

Sounds like he fell out of a boat on the Deep River and likely drowned. I think police divers did find items of clothing but so far the boy hasn't been found. Extremely sad situations in the north and the south

That's really awful. I'll have a look for more information.

Most parents who accidentally murder a child desperately want to make the child comfortable afterwards, hence wrapping child up.
After walking 20 metres most 4yo,s would drop the sleeping bag..
It seems an obscure place for a paedophile to luck upon .

Most parents who accidentally murder a child desperately want to make the child comfortable afterwards, hence wrapping child up.
After walking 20 metres most 4yo,s would drop the sleeping bag..
It seems an obscure place for a paedophile to luck upon .

I'm not familiar with the area but it's not unknown for predators to lurk around camp grounds, not that I think it's likely that's what happened if she's gone with her sleeping bag. There wouldn't be many bold enough to enter a family tent sneaking around the parents and risk waking them up.

My aunt and uncle took me to these blowholes on boxing day 1973. At the bottom of the cliff there was a popular swimming hole and small beach. It'd be too dangerous to walk around at night from what I remember. It's a day trip from Carnarvon. There was nothing there then. No drinking water.

My aunt and uncle took me to these blowholes on boxing day 1973. At the bottom of the cliff there was a popular swimming hole and small beach. It'd be too dangerous to walk around at night from what I remember. It's a day trip from Carnarvon. There was nothing there then. No drinking water.

They're both on facebook which is an interesting contrast.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back