Unpopular Opinions (Association Football version)

Villa at Melbourne City turned out to be an exercise in turning what should have been a triumph into a bit of a PR disaster. First big mistake the admin there made.

FWIW he was still good enough for Manchester City at the time and I know a few blues that were a touch annoyed he went to Melbourne.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
Surely I am not alone in thinking Marquinhos is in the top rung of CBs? Dude has been around what feels like forever and he is only 26.
Who knows mate. He rarely played cb in his youth at PSG, playing RB or DM most of the time, and only plays 1-2 big matches a year in which his star studded team usually loses.

HomokHarcos

Senior List
May 1, 2015
Canada
AFL Club
Richmond
I do not see the point in the Europa League. Literally a competition for teams not good enough to win the Champions League. It would be like if the 9th-16th teams in the AFL had a finals series.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Ole is actually a solid manager

He has one of the worst midfields in the league with a bunch of blokes who are either past it, or not up to it.

Reminds me of Arsenal in Arsenes final years, all the money mainly spent in the final 3rd, not enough in the middle of the park. Boy they need a Carrick, Keane and Scholes in there ASAP

He has one of the worst midfields in the league with a bunch of blokes who are either past it, or not up to it.

Reminds me of Arsenal in Arsenes final years, all the money mainly spent in the final 3rd, not enough in the middle of the park. Boy they need a Carrick, Keane and Scholes in there ASAP
Yes. Good work. I agree. 100%.

Ole in.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal

This is definitely unpopular. And wrong lol.

I do not see the point in the Europa League. Literally a competition for teams not good enough to win the Champions League. It would be like if the 9th-16th teams in the AFL had a finals series.

Wait until you hear about the Conference League.

Mike Dean is the best ref in the premier league. He makes mistakes but they’re consistent and unbiased. You always know what you’re going to get with him, even if he is an attention whore. At least you can go into a match prepared for it.

The shittiest refs are the ones who make inconsistent decisions from one week to another.

Pawson, Taylor and Tierney are the worst by miles.

Back