news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
He's genuinely going off the rails, I wonder if he'll fight in the UFC again?
I suspect at some point he will, the bigger question for me is where does he come back? Is he still hanging around with the elite anymore? I’m not sure he is. Since he beat Eddie Alvarez (5 years ago) he’s 1-3 with his lone win against a well past his prime Cerrone.
Let’s say he comes back now, who at lightweight does he deserve to fight? Not who does he get cause he’s Conor but based on record etc etc, who has he earned?

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I suspect at some point he will, the bigger question for me is where does he come back? Is he still hanging around with the elite anymore? I’m not sure he is. Since he beat Eddie Alvarez (5 years ago) he’s 1-3 with his lone win against a well past his prime Cerrone.
Let’s say he comes back now, who at lightweight does he deserve to fight? Not who does he get cause he’s Conor but based on record etc etc, who has he earned?

Honestly I think a fight against Hooker might make sense, assuming he loses to Islam. He seems to have a bit of a following in the US now and they're probably ranked around each other. Plus Hooker will stand and trade with him.

I still see that a Diaz trilogy fight makes sense at some point though and you can make that at any time really.

I guess for mine McGregor is not in title contention these days, the fights that would make sense are the fun ones with him.

Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Ferguson.

Just watched the replay of Khabib vs McGregor. Cruz's commentary is hilarious, talking about how Conor was looking good in the fourth round and was waiting for Khabib to tire out so he could unleash that left hand.

While he's saying this, Khabib looks like he's about to start trying while Conor is drenched in sweat and has a shiner underneath his eye.

keyboard_warrior

Team Captain
Nov 7, 2008
cyberspace
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Jon bones Jones
because it will only last a day i screen recorded it to put on here.

after his fight in dec could there be a call out from jimmy crute?

Attachments

• video-1635114422.mp4
    2.2 MB
Back