Traded Collingwood trade #27 to Richmond for #38, #40 and F3

Remove this Banner Ad

Swans imo we have quite a few academy boys next season.
Would you do GC's future 3rd for pick 31? GC's pick would be mid-late 30s.

We could try sweetening the deal with our late picks this year, but would you even want like pick 48 for example in this year's draft?

Otherwise we could do Brisbane future 3rd + Richmond future 3rd for pick 31? Would you?

our own, yes
our own 2nd as well
norths 2nd

That will do to be honest. Lets say the Tigers come 8th that's 3 picks inside the top 30, and you could trade a f2 for another second next season.

Still 38 and 40 was sufficient for 27. Trading a future 3rd really tips the scales collingwoods way. If by trade up you mean 26-28 into teens picks possibly..but i cant see anyone earlier than pick 7 doing a trade up with them.
Oh I would not be so sure the crows won't trade down and if Richmond saw a guy at pick 4 that they thought gone at pick 7, they might be prepared to pay a premium for the pick if GWS and GC are unwilling trade partners for whatever reason. Personally, if an offer of 7 & 15 came for picks 4 and pick 33 I's consider it. However that would leave Richmond with 4 2nd rounders.....

The F3 will be largely irrelevant with Richmond wanting early picks the next two drafts. Doubt they are using pick 40 odd really.

Next years is a good deep draft. Id be surprised if they dont draft after the second round.

Would you do GC's future 3rd for pick 31? GC's pick would be mid-late 30s.

We could try sweetening the deal with our late picks this year, but would you even want like pick 48 for example in this year's draft?

Otherwise we could do Brisbane future 3rd + Richmond future 3rd for pick 31? Would you?

Not sure, think it would be around the mark to be honest. Actually won't be shocked if we take two picks and then trade out to the futures. Two picks plus a Wicks upgrade might do us this season.

We can't take all 3 picks, we are trying to limit the number of senior spots open leading up to the draft. So I can't see 54 or 60 appealing since we already have multiple picks around that mark.

Would you do your future 3rd or Richmond's future 3rd for pick 41?
How many list spots do you have open to match Daicos?
Thought you had to have as many list spots open as draft picks to use.

A future third for 41 makes sense. Lions will only take one more pick after 14 & 18. Picks 41, 54, 60 and 76- some of those will go for futures.

Next years is a good deep draft. Id be surprised if they dont draft after the second round.

They already have 3 in the first 30 next year, that is PLENTY. They can add another second next year by trading a future next year. 3rds will be unlikely to be used.

Oh I would not be so sure the crows won't trade down and if Richmond saw a guy at pick 4 that they thought gone at pick 7, they might be prepared to pay a premium for the pick if GWS and GC are unwilling trade partners for whatever reason. Personally, if an offer of 7 & 15 came for picks 4 and pick 33 I's consider it. However that would leave Richmond with 4 2nd rounders.....

I'd want more for pick 4. There seems to be a three tier draft, the top 6, then the 7-20, then rest.

Brisbane future 3rd to Brisbane for pick 41.

Pick 41 + pick 48 + pick 55 + Richmond future 3rd to WBD for pick 23? Do they have enough list spots for this?

Any other club that might prefer future picks apart from WBD and Brisbane?

We apparently plan to use three picks at the draft, so pick 41 does have some value for us (according to Daly we plan to try and trade it into a better pick).

I reckon they probably have their eye on the GC pick. 7 and 15 for 3 and something next year may be the trade if GC are happy to trade down. It will all depend on what GWS does at 2 though. I believe Richmond rate Callahan pretty highly.

I reckon they probably have their eye on the GC pick. 7 and 15 for 3 and something next year may be the trade if GC are happy to trade down. It will all depend on what GWS does at 2 though. I believe Richmond rate Callahan pretty highly.

You'd probably need pick 2 to get Callaghan though. Doubt even 7 and 15 gets 2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are GC list spots this year like - could they use the pick 15 in the draft this year?

We can't take all 3 picks, we are trying to limit the number of senior spots open leading up to the draft. So I can't see 54 or 60 appealing since we already have multiple picks around that mark.

Would you do your future 3rd or Richmond's future 3rd for pick 41?
If the trade is happening after you've matched, to get you back into this draft, then number of picks is moot.

Who are in the top 6.

Horne. Diacos. Darcy. Calla. ? ?

Gibcus is surely one at least, but really it's those 4-5. up the pointy end then it evens out for 20 or so picks. It's why trading into the top 5 will cost a mint!

No idea, 38 + 40 = 21 in points, I think we would've been happy with that regardless.

Glad we are looking to have a decent draft hand next year.
Other clubs were likley sniffing around so we were ok with paying overs to ge it done early.

Yeah you might be right.
Just shows what a balls up that pick swap between Collingwood and GWS was for the pies last year.

Oh it was a shocking trade and made even worse by the fact they could have taken the second best kid AND got Daicos, as North won't bid at 1, Horne is the best player in the draft and they will call his name out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back