List Mgmt. Contracts, trades, draft - 2021 offseason edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the 2021 season is officially done and dusted.

It’s time now to fully turn our attention to the off season and what we can do through the trade period/draft to chase down Melbourne in 2022.

List and personnel changes have already been made and I’ll update this OP as and when any further changes are made.

As it stands these are our official list changes :

Out -
• Venables (R) - retired
• Vardy - retired
• Hutchings (R) - delisted
• Ah Chee (R) - delisted
• Ainsworth - delisted
• Johnson - delisted
• Collins (R) - delisted
• Brander - cluster*
• Cameron - retired/delisted not that it was officially acknowledged by the club
• Sheppard - retired

Inactive listed -
• Cole
• Chesser

In -
• Petrevski-Seton - traded for pick 52
• Chesser - Pick 14
• Hough - Pick 31
• Bazzo - Pick 37
• Williams (Jack) - Pick 57
• Clark - Pick 62
• Dixon - SSP
• Joyce - SSP
• Strnadica - SSP
• Naish - SSP

Players on main list - 37 (Including 2 inactive)
Players on rookie list - 7

Future trade picks :
In - Port Adelaide future 2nd
Out - Future 4th

Assistant Coaches :
• Out - Graham, Hickmott
• In - Schofield (Strategy and Stoppage), Knights (Midfield), Wiley (WAFL coach), Brennan (development)

Link to contract status of all players -

Last edited:
Richmond nailing this trade period. The trade is in Collingwoods favour in terms of points (which they need) and a handy future pick as bonus meanwhile Tigers get rid of late picks they probably would be stretched to use anyway.

Got rid of fringe players, now heading to draft with picks 7,15,26,27,28.
Don't be surprised to see a draft pick upgrade to get a third 1st round pick. 27 + 28 alone are worth pick 11 points wise.

Hate the tigers, but have to admit they're probably the best run club in the AFL right now. On field (3 flags), list management, membership tally, influencing AFL decision making (bazillion consecutive MCG matches), etc.
yep. * em.

I know we don't know what happens behind the scenes at WC, but it would be nice to see us upgrade our current-year picks more often. We've had a few cases of downgrading our current-year picks to get an additional late pick, or a future pick. But i'm sure we could eke out a bit of a pick upgrade if we tried. Plenty of clubs that only need points which are being exploited

Given this I’m surprised there’s been little discussion here about ‘re-purposing’ existing players. Should we start the year assuming all players go around again in their existing positions?

For example, I think HEdwards would strengthen our backline given Gov and TB both tend to be intercept players (and chaos teams tend to simply bypass them.) But then can we have all three plus Rotham in the backline? Or can we use TB or Gov elsewhere?

Or Jones to midfield maybe? Or ????

Or can we trim down or bulk up players for a different role? (But given our lack of pace in an increasingly fast game maybe we may need less bulk and more pace generally.)

Etc etc
I would like us to not use rotham as a tall defender . Play him on the medium forwards and use him as an attacking running defender ala grant birchell.

I would also like us to only go in with 2 tall forwards 2 tall defenders and one tall backup ruck for natanui .

Example -
Back Barrass mcgovern
Forward Kennedy Allen
Ruck support Williams or Hedwards

Put in the extra running mid on the bench every game instead of that extra tall .

Ledwards needs games he showed he has afl quality outside mid potential.

Nelson should move to that tagging/ outside mid role . He needs to have a massive preseason and finally get that big tank he has been missing . He has hardness and mongel we lack in our outside mids

We have all of hurn duggan rotham cole witherden and Foley as medium/small defenders .

Fingers crossed we have Ryan Cripps rioli and petrecelle all fit and firing . Guys like Jones and langdon are depth the less we see of them in the seniors the better

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a real shame.

I was quite hopeful that he may have been able to find a little niche as a wingman after some promising performances earlier in the year. Not his preferred or best position, but was just happy he was getting senior game time.

To lose him for nothing now is bitterly disappointing. The 'statement' the club has put out about the delisting had minimal detail about the situation so hopefully what actually happened between Brander and the club after his initial stint of games comes to light one day. From the outside it seemed like quite a remarkable fallout.

Get f’ed. What a joke.

Absolute Trash list management and you all know it.

So you say that based on what information?

Sounds like Brander and his manager have lined up a deal as a dfa with another club. One prepared to pay more $$$ for him.

What would you have done differently?

And dont say play him as a kp player, that is not list management, thats football development.

I would like us to not use rotham as a tall defender . Play him on the medium forwards and use him as an attacking running defender ala grant birchell.

I would also like us to only go in with 2 tall forwards 2 tall defenders and one tall backup ruck for natanui .

Example -
Back Barrass mcgovern
Forward Kennedy Allen
Ruck support Williams or Hedwards

Put in the extra running mid on the bench every game instead of that extra tall .

Ledwards needs games he showed he has afl quality outside mid potential.

Nelson should move to that tagging/ outside mid role . He needs to have a massive preseason and finally get that big tank he has been missing . He has hardness and mongel we lack in our outside mids

We have all of hurn duggan rotham cole witherden and Foley as medium/small defenders .

Fingers crossed we have Ryan Cripps rioli and petrecelle all fit and firing . Guys like Jones and langdon are depth the less we see of them in the seniors the better

So Darling plays WAFL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back