Opinion Most disliked teams in the competition (2021 edition)

Who do you dislike the most?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep i lke saints dees dogs and some reason i dont mind the blues.

as with interstate though i like swans and freo only.

Didn't they win biggest Australian sporting disgrace in history when the injecting saga broke in the off season?

That is a prize right?

(For clarity, I actually think they got a raw deal if you look at it objectively - Hird did nothing wrong and yes I am serious)
There were text messages from Hird to then Football Manager Danny Corcoran that were published at the time. In the messages Hird notes that long-time club doctor Bruce Reid had grave concerns about the legality and safety of the injection program and wanted to shut it down. Hird told Corcoran that he needed to use his 'UN-like powers of persuasion' to shut down Dr Reid's concerns.

Yep. Nothing wrong.

Until every last drug cheat has left Essendon, it’s them. Their dimwit fans still think they were setup. Absolute simpletons.

It’s pretty satisfying to kick their arse every single year.
The next best thing after winning a premiership is beating Essendon in a final.

don't really understand how essendon are winning this and collingwood is so low.

Geelong after the Hocking-gate attempted cheating with directed rule changes. So beautiful it blew up in their faces on the most public of stages.

Sydney as they are basically an AFL proxy

pies because they were the biggest cheats in the pre-war Wren years

Essendon and Geelong streets ahead - the only clubs over 20%. Only Carlton and Richmond are over 15%, making them, Essendon and Geelong the Big Four of hate.

I'm pretty surprised at just how concentrated the dislike is - you'd think that every supporter base would have different reasons to dislike different clubs, but the above four are taking the heat.

What would be interesting is the flip of this.

What is the most disliked team based on club supported.

If I look at Melbourne’s dislikes it’s almost all Bulldogs (understandable given the merciless belting handed out on the most public stage of all), Richmond (maybe salty about no longer being premiers?) and North (Melbourne used to be their play things on the field, upset that it’s over?).

I expected to find all the standard West Coast troll crew in there, but surprisingly it was only the most painful one.

don't really understand how essendon are winning this and collingwood is so low.

hmmm, i'm gonna take shot in the dark here. it maybe due to the fact that essendon tried to enhance their performance by using banned substances to gain an advantage over the competition. personally, i dislike this, and i'm willing to wager a lot of others do too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hmmm, i'm gonna take shot in the dark here. it maybe due to the fact that essendon tried to enhance their performance by using banned substances to gain an advantage over the competition. personally, i dislike this, and i'm willing to wager a lot of others do too.
Yeah but at least they aren't collingwood.

Imagine how much we would be winning by if we didn't suck for the past 2 decades :hearteyes:

Geelong after the Hocking-gate attempted cheating with directed rule changes. So beautiful it blew up in their faces on the most public of stages.

Sydney as they are basically an AFL proxy

pies because they were the biggest cheats in the pre-war Wren years

Dislike us all you want but that’s tantamount to me hating Collingwood because Michael Christian targets us at the match review panel

My most disliked teams tend to ebb and flow and depending on coaches and who is playing for them.

It would be fair to say that there's certain clubs I detest regardless of who is playing for them - Hawthorn, Richmond, Carlton, Essendon.

Surprisingly, there have been periods when I haven't minded Collingwood and I like them a lot more now that Eddie isn't associated with them.

In terms of interstate teams - the one I truly can't stand is Adelaide, again regardless of personnel - this one is do to with their insufferable supporters.

Essendon/Pies very close - both long term rivals but also scum acts (salary cap cheating + druggos for Essendon, racists for Pies)
Tigers - long term rivals but seem more decent and also not much of a threat in the race to 17
Throw a blanket over the rest

Edit:
Don't get the hate for Geelong. Decent trade partners, one of the best run clubs for a long time.

Essendon/Pies very close - both long term rivals but also scum acts (salary cap cheating + druggos for Essendon, racists for Pies)
Tigers - long term rivals but seem more decent and also not much of a threat in the race to 17
Throw a blanket over the rest

Edit:
Don't get the hate for Geelong. Decent trade partners, one of the best run clubs for a long time.
That's easy. They have the most flogs. Hawkins, Dangerfield, Rowan, Selwood (recently) and Chris Scott.

Always liked the Cats till the past few years.

Back