• Who is Darren Burgess?

Votes: 13 35.1%

• Total voters

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Sholl back in the gym with Davis and a few others. Really looking forward to seeing what Burgo can do with Sholly. I think just another 5-6 kg's of muscle for him would probably do it. Don't want to weight him down too much, but just enough strength to push off players and not feel the bumps and bruises of AFL footy so much.

Sidenote, Davis is one shredded looking dude. I doubt he carries more then a 5% bodyfat!

Jarman3

Premiership Player
Oct 22, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
So when does preseason training officially start? Interested to hear how things are going once Burgess gets a chance to really get stuck into them.

Aug 19, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
So when does preseason training officially start? Interested to hear how things are going once Burgess gets a chance to really get stuck into them.

Not sure on specific dates but pretty sure 1st-4th year players start in the last week of November and then those over 5 years in December? But seems majority of the playing group are doing work already which is great to see. Obviously the incoming Burgess are making them all crap their pants.

Matt Crouch is having groin surgery

Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers
Sholl back in the gym with Davis and a few others. Really looking forward to seeing what Burgo can do with Sholly. I think just another 5-6 kg's of muscle for him would probably do it. Don't want to weight him down too much, but just enough strength to push off players and not feel the bumps and bruises of AFL footy so much.

Sidenote, Davis is one shredded looking dude. I doubt he carries more then a 5% bodyfat!
Davis is one hell of a specimen. Also happens to be one of the nicest blokes you'd ever meet. If only his football matched everything else!

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeah he has, which is a concern.

I know that feet are always dicey, but is it a coincidence that 2 senior guys out of contract that both had limited preseasons and worked to get back on the field in 2021 had failed surgery outcomes? Countering that little conspiracy, Lynch did return but I'm not sure whether he had corrective surgery or not.

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
So he sat out the entire season and only now he's going for surgery?

Yeah sounds like we f’ed this one up pretty badly.
He already went in for surgery at the start of the year..

obviously didnt work.. so they have now sent him in a second time.

probably wont see him until halfway through next year. Could be a blessing in disguise… we wont be seeing mcrouch added to the sloane/keays/laird mix of “go to” main mids…

Back