Opinion Posts That Don't Deserve a Thread (Random Opinion or Questions)

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn't sure where to put this, but a great
initiative from a substantial cohort of AFL players, looks like it's being spearheaded by our own #RuckJesus (just another reason to love Hickey!)

By the players they are following on Instagram, looks like Melican, Gulden, Rowbottom, Fox, Sheather, Sinclair, O'Connor, Naismith, Mills, Parker, Ladhams and Franklin are the Swans involved.

Great to see!

4D79F3DD-C03A-49F3-B091-EC02597FFF0B.jpeg

(Please nobody get triggered by this.)

Wasn't sure where to put this, but a great
initiative from a substantial cohort of AFL players, looks like it's being spearheaded by our own #RuckJesus (just another reason to love Hickey!)

By the players they are following on Instagram, looks like Melican, Gulden, Rowbottom, Fox, Sheather, Sinclair, O'Connor, Naismith, Mills, Parker, Ladhams and Franklin are the Swans involved.

Great to see!

View attachment 1262836

(Please nobody get triggered by this.)

Great to see,
But individuals can literally do nothing about this.

This is an issue caused by industry, and there is 0% chance of industry doing anything.

I do see a future where we have to buy bottled/canned air from Coca Cola though.

Great to see,

This is an issue caused by industry, and there is 0% chance of industry doing anything.

I do see a future where we have to buy bottled/canned air from Coca Cola though.

I think the point is that individuals can do something about it, even if it is a tiny, minuscule fraction of what ultimately needs to be done.

At the end of the day isn't planet Earth inhabited by a bunch of individuals?

I think the point is that individuals can do something about it, even if it is a tiny, minuscule fraction of what ultimately needs to be done.

At the end of the day isn't planet Earth inhabited by a bunch of individuals?

Corporations are individuals too :)

And also " individuals can do something about it,"

The answer to that is still 'no', Not even a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of 0.001%.

Wrong thread but the best thing individuals can do is smaller things around the home and more importantly not buy from the companies causing the big issues where possible and vote for political parties that want to do more

For example the Millky95 party fining businesses that exceed emissions targets

Great to see,

Individuals can however choose companies / industries based on their environmental credentials though and if enough weight of the populous does this, it will force change eventually in a competitive landscape…

Looking forward to Sprite AIR though.

Or maybe LIFT is a better fit…

I'm not vegan, but one of the best things you can do for the environment is to go vegan.

Also to cut down on food wastage.

And also yes, corporations are the problem, and they pay the government, everyone is corrupt, and we're all going to die.

That's why I support sports, less depressing than politics.

I'm not vegan, but one of the best things you can do for the environment is to go vegan.

And also yes, corporations are the problem, and they pay the government, everyone is corrupt, and we're all going to die.

Go electric not gas when choosing appliances

The whole world has been in lockdown for the better part of 18 months and CO2 emissions haven't dropped, they continue to rise. It's almost entirely the government and corporations.

Vegan is the way to go!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My girlfriend is vegan. It's a pain in the ass

Just a random one. I'd love to see a replay of a Swans game with our game day thread posts popping up as the play happens. Wonder if we could get Riley Macca and his channel to do a game for us. Would be good viewing
Should be the Eagles game in Geelong!

My girlfriend is vegan. It's a pain in the ass

The key is to find a girlfriend who is also vegan. It helps when the temptation is there to eat something you don't really wanna eat. You can stop each other from crossing over to the dark side. I've lost count of how many times the missus and I have watched everyone else at the kebab shop while we have sat there, absolutely mortal, chowing down our McDonalds chips.

The key is to find a girlfriend who is also vegan. It helps when the temptation is there to eat something you don't really wanna eat. You can stop each other from crossing over to the dark side. I've lost count of how many times the missus and I have watched everyone else at the kebab shop while we have sat there, absolutely mortal, chowing down our McDonalds chips.
Can't get a falafel wrap? Plenty places have veggie kebabs too with zucchini fritters

Let us know when and where your wedding is. :)

jason-donervan-mobile-kebab-van.jpg

And in a nod to drunk word association from your guests, make sure your band knows a few Kylie & Jason numbers.

Can't get a falafel wrap? Plenty places have veggie kebabs too with zucchini fritters

*gags*

Some things are not supposed to be veganised and I've found that kebabs are one of them. Another being 'facon'.

Besides, is there anything better after consuming about 15 pints combined than salty Maccas chips?

I love Falafel kebabs. As for zucchini a Greek restaurant in Oakleigh made made 'chips from them. They would flour and toss them through a very light batter and bang them in the fryer. Crisp on the outside and molten in the middle. Damned delicious.

Was looking at the most career games list and I still can't believe that Brent Harvey got delisted after 2016. Literally kicked an equal career high in goals and then was let go because he didn't tackle enough...

Game 430 against us he has 32 posessions and 3 goals. It wasn't worth extending that form apparently.

Was looking at the most career games list and I still can't believe that Brent Harvey got delisted after 2016. Literally kicked an equal career high in goals and then was let go because he didn't tackle enough...

Game 430 against us he has 32 posessions and 3 goals. It wasn't worth extending that form apparently.

Such a terrific player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back