NFL 2021 NFL - Week 6

Hmm probably, but not by as much as is made out.

He is much like a young Marcus Peters. Good yes but overrated by the the masses cause of the picks

Peters is an excellent comparison

He will probably win just based on stats, that's what those awards are about.

I think it's more the top 5 corner talk that will follow that needs to settle a bit

TJ Watt still not out of it imo after today, hell get some sympathy votes for missing out last year if he keeps up the form of today.

Feb 25, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
TJ Watt still not out of it imo after today, hell get some sympathy votes for missing out last year if he keeps up the form of today.
If they sneak into the 7 seed by some miracle as well. Wins always help. Especially when the Cowboys are an offensively driven team in comparison

If they sneak into the 7 seed by some miracle as well. Wins always help. Especially when the Cowboys are an offensively driven team in comparison

If they make it it will be all cause of the defense, first full game ive watched of Ben this year, he is absolutely horrendous. Id start Rudolph at this point.

Jul 1, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham, 76ers, Cubs, Bills
Diggs is a gambler , he does get burnt a lot but you cant deny his play making ability.

Ridiculous the people calling for him to be DPOY, needs to tighten up before that becomes realistic imo.

I hear you

However
1. Dallas D has been much better than you and I thought it would be. Diggs is a key part of that.
2. Who would you have over him at the moment? Watt I see but is part of a stronger D as a unit.

I hear you

However
1. Dallas D has been much better than you and I thought it would be. Diggs is a key part of that.
2. Who would you have over him at the moment? Watt I see but is part of a stronger D as a unit.

When you give up as many passing yards to the player youre responsible for covering like Diggs has I think it leaves it open to someone else to take it by the end of the year, (this is of course assuming his INT rate wont be anywhere near as high as it is now by week 17. If it is then fine give him the award, hell have learnt it)

When the INTs start to dry up people will start judging his coverage grades a lot harsher.

Mar 2, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I've watched this sport for decades, yet every single week i see games where no one really knows what is going on with the rules.
Never see that in any other sport.
WTF? People are WAY more clueless about the rules in AFL football. It's a never ending debate over umpiring and rule "interpretations". People arguing at the game, in the commentary booth, at the pub, here on Big Footy, ex-players, current players, coaches and umpires. People still don't know the finer points of holding the ball.

Loads of bullshit slips through to the keeper within a game - smart, opportunistic players cheating and getting little things past the umps. Someone might say "Hang on! Can they do that?" But we all just shrug and move along. If we're lucky, the AFL might send out a memo to clubs during the week saying "Sorry... We got this wrong... Going forwards, this is the actual rule interpretation..."

Our game is designed to be a mostly non-stop flowing spectacle. We don't want extended stoppages during the game to debate the rules over a particular play.

The NFL has a different focus. It's a stop/start game anyway... So they place all their emphasis on getting things correct before they move on to the next play. The umpires will confer with each other and try to make sure the penalties were correctly adjudicated; or where the ball should be placed; or how something effects the clock, and whether it costs a team their time-out, etc.

While they're trying to get it right, the commentators are trying to understand what the problem is - so they'll call in their rules expert to bring them up to speed. Meanwhile, the clueless fans in the stands are getting angrier by the second, booing, jeering and adding to atmosphere that nobody knows what's going on

People might have a difference of opinion over whether a flag should've been thrown or not thrown, but the NFL refs get all the other stuff right 99.9% of the time. As opposed to AFL footy where many errors go unchecked and nobody seems to have any accountability and everyone in the AFL media just glosses over the mistakes which were made.

Last edited:
your qb is major issue, a Dorsey pick.

And yet Depodesta and company have had not 1 but 2 years to upgrade the spot

After all, they are self proclaimed analytical geniuses and the smartest men in the room

Qb isn’t close to the biggest issue. You can start with the “revamped and upgraded” defense filled with nothing but their failed acquisitions and draft picks.

Anyone who has watched the Browns well knows the DEFENSE has directly attributed to 2 losses.

But sure, qb is the reason they give up 40 a game

Qb isn’t close to the biggest issue. You can start with the “revamped and upgraded” defense filled with nothing but their failed acquisitions and draft picks.

Anyone who has watched the Browns well knows the DEFENSE has directly attributed to 2 losses.

QB might not be the biggest issue, but it is one of the issues. Baker’s play has been far from stellar so far this season. Good enough to beat the Vikings though….

QB might not be the biggest issue, but it is one of the issues. Baker’s play has been far from stellar so far this season. Good enough to beat the Vikings though….

The Browns were the first team in the NFL to put up 40 plus, 500 yards plus and no turnovers and lose.

I feel confident on the list of what ails the Browns qb isn’t in the top 5.

1 and 2 are Andrew Berry and Kevin Stefanski in whatever order you like.

Facing one of the worst run defenses in the NFL and having the running back they leaked all their analytical bs to the media last week justifying why he was on the field the last 2 series—-They scripted a game-plan using 7 straight throws from an empty backfield.

These guys do not know what they are doing—and they have been handed their best players by Dorsey.

In 2 years they have done nothing but ride the coattails of players already on the roster.

That defense that THEY put together is atrocious—Johnson, Hill, Walker and Delpit couldn’t cover or tackle you—let alone an NFL caliber player.

And I haven’t even gotten to their “prized” linebacker draft pick.

Oh yeah the defense was the issue not Baker giving them a short field to defend time after time . I think they did pretty well to hang tough considering. Very misleading the 37 points given up today.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Stanford
The Browns need to make the decision on Baker soon. He is in his 4th season so will be looking for the new deal in the next 12 months.

I dont think he is a franchise QB, when you start looking at the other QB's drafted in the last 5-6 years the gap becomes bigger. either they start looking for the next one and the offseason could have Rodgers and Wilson both asking for trades.

Do you give him top tier QB money or move on from him.

I also think there are too many people in the organisation who are heavily invested in him being the face of the franchise for the next 10+ years. and might be too afraid to move on because their jobs might also be tied to him.

Raiders faced the same dilemma about 5 years ago with Carr. but were never as publicly invested in him

Jul 1, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham, 76ers, Cubs, Bills
When you give up as many passing yards to the player youre responsible for covering like Diggs has I think it leaves it open to someone else to take it by the end of the year, (this is of course assuming his INT rate wont be anywhere near as high as it is now by week 17. If it is then fine give him the award, hell have learnt it)

When the INTs start to dry up people will start judging his coverage grades a lot harsher.

Agree
Though I expect both his INT and coverage will revert toward the mean so he will still be decent in coverage and still high up in INT ranks. We shall see :)

Oh yeah the defense was the issue not Baker giving them a short field to defend time after time . I think they did pretty well to hang tough considering. Very misleading the 37 points given up today.

84 points in 8 quarters

Seems grade is a little high to me

EA94776D-148E-46E4-9C99-23691D8640B5.png

Prized draft pick JOK must have hurt his ankle on that pathetic attempt at a tackle that led to a stroll into the end zone below. Pretty sure he has personal laundry still on the field.

Last edited:
Prized draft pick JOK must have hurt his ankle on that pathetic attempt at a tackle that led to a stroll into the end zone below. Pretty sure he has personal laundry still on the field.

Have they got any sexy slow-mo's of Bakers turnovers yesterday?

Have they got any sexy slow-mo's of Bakers turnovers yesterday?

Even better for you, Thursday you could get to see even sexier turnovers from Case Keenum

Even better for you, Thursday you could get to see even sexier turnovers from Case Keenum

At least Case wont run around like a try hard Kyler Murray and fumble the ball.

Back