Workshop Cricket Kit Designs/Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon that might just be an alternate kit. We usually wear black in T20 world cups and because NZ were wearing black I'm assuming we couldn't wear our main kit (whatever that is).

Also the Pakistan shirt yesterday looked so faded on the broadcast compared to what they unveiled a few days ago.

Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 10.05.24 am.png

Unknown.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we are using the ODI and the women's T20 world cup jersey from basically 18 months ago... Great, I'm not watching Australia's games now
I think the T20 WC jersey last year was planned to be worn by both the men’s and women’s teams but when it got cancelled they decided to use it this year instead. As for the ‘ODI’ kit, all nations need to have an alternative kit so instead of making a new kit they just use that one given it needed to be light so it didn’t clash with the dark based kit. The women did the same thing in 2018 T20 WC.

So we are using the ODI and the women's T20 world cup jersey from basically 18 months ago... Great, I'm not watching Australia's games now

1) Remember this world cup was delayed, so any kits that are being used would have been used then, they were never going to create a new kit just because of a delay.
2) The majority black kit will be the one worn the most, the ODI one will be the alt.
3) What is wrong with wearing the kit the women wore? One nation, one set of kits, no mater if male or female. And good on the women wearing it first.

1) Remember this world cup was delayed, so any kits that are being used would have been used then, they were never going to create a new kit just because of a delay.
2) The majority black kit will be the one worn the most, the ODI one will be the alt.
3) What is wrong with wearing the kit the women wore? One nation, one set of kits, no mater if male or female. And good on the women wearing it first.
Nothing wrong with wearing the same one, I'm not trying to go down that path. I just feel like every other team went out made some new designs and really hoped we'd be wearing the fan made one or the T20 from last summer. I really over exaggerated with the "I'm not gonna watch us play", I just think that the 'ODI' kit feels overused but we have nothing else to combat a colour clash.

Nothing wrong with wearing the same one, I'm not trying to go down that path. I just feel like every other team went out made some new designs and really hoped we'd be wearing the fan made one or the T20 from last summer. I really over exaggerated with the "I'm not gonna watch us play", I just think that the 'ODI' kit feels overused but we have nothing else to combat a colour clash.

As I said it was purely due to the tournament being delayed by 12 months. Had it happened last year like it was supposed to we wouldn't have seen the kits as much as we have and they wouldn't be as old feeling. I am sure that teams would have had to register what they were going to be wearing before it was originally meant to run, so none of the designs would actually be "new", it is just that we didn't get to see them until now.

As I said it was purely due to the tournament being delayed by 12 months. Had it happened last year like it was supposed to we wouldn't have seen the kits as much as we have and they wouldn't be as old feeling. I am sure that teams would have had to register what they were going to be wearing before it was originally meant to run, so none of the designs would actually be "new", it is just that we didn't get to see them until now.
Fair enough, I guess I can only hope we get some new stuff next season

I think the T20 WC jersey last year was planned to be worn by both the men’s and women’s teams but when it got cancelled they decided to use it this year instead. As for the ‘ODI’ kit, all nations need to have an alternative kit so instead of making a new kit they just use that one given it needed to be light so it didn’t clash with the dark based kit. The women did the same thing in 2018 T20 WC.
Tbf kits wise Australia seem to be lazy in the sense they don’t take over their t20 kits to away tours. I’m not surprised by this at all.

Tbf kits wise Australia seem to be lazy in the sense they don’t take over their t20 kits to away tours. I’m not surprised by this at all.

It isn't that it is lazy, it is because they have enough gear to carry. Having to bring another full set of kits, with spares incase of damage, is a waste of luggage space. So in reality just taking the one set and using it for multiple formats is quite smart.

It isn't that it is lazy, it is because they have enough gear to carry. Having to bring another full set of kits, with spares incase of damage, is a waste of luggage space. So in reality just taking the one set and using it for multiple formats is quite smart.
Would make a fair point except it doesn’t seem to be an issue for other countries. Like fair enough if Australia wasn’t one of the richest board in the world

Remove this Banner Ad

Back