Looks heaps taller than 188cms.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Screenshot_20211019-144827_Western Bulldogs.jpg

jacob17

Mr September
Aug 30, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He's 3rd tall height now or possibly a hybrid type swingman that could be used at both ends
I rate this young kid and his skill set and he has the ability to still grow at only 19 so i can only see upside to his game if he adds a few extra cms over the next few seasons.
Was a streal at pick 55 and that will be shown in years to come imo

From my understanding adult males don’t grow much taller past the age of 18/early 19 years old, but I fully expect Bedendo to be 195cm by next September due to our magic measuring tape

Oct 4, 2004
Essendon
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
MAN U/BROOKLYN NETS
He's 3rd tall height now or possibly a hybrid type swingman that could be used at both ends
I rate this young kid and his skill set and he has the ability to still grow at only 19 so i can only see upside to his game if he adds a few extra cms over the next few seasons.
Was a streal at pick 55 and that will be shown in years to come imo

I always get nervous when I see and hear words like "swingman" "hybrid".

Gives me a feeling of jack of all trades master of none.

weltschmerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 23, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I always get nervous when I see and hear words like "swingman" "hybrid".

Gives me a feeling of jack of all trades master of none.

I reckon he's a forward. Could have a future forward line that looks something lke

Vandermeer Naughton Bedendo
Weightman English JUH

And that's an extremely exciting combination. Speed, pressure, marking.

He certainly has a spring for his height. Seems to be more project player, if he debuts in 2022 he's doing well. Has shown a few signs but as noted is quite raw.

He certainly has a spring for his height. Seems to be more project player, if he debuts in 2022 he's doing well. Has shown a few signs but as noted is quite raw.
Fair summary. He has a few tricks but hasn't yet put a string of solid games together (admittedly from limited opportunities in the VFL in 2021).

Those "quite raw" types can produce gems but have a high failure rate too. Certainly a worthwhile speculation for pick 55. Not too many that go at pick 55+ have a long and celebrated career so I reckon if we can get some good senior games from him it's a bonus.

Actually, I'm quite bullish on Bedendo. If he can develop physically - he is very lightly built, he could be a very handy 3rd marking forward. Didn't get a lot of the ball when playing as a deep forward pocket but managed 13 goals from 10 games. As he develops, he could surprise as a goto leading/marking forward in the mould of Bayley Fritsch. One worth watching next season.

Actually, I'm quite bullish on Bedendo. If he can develop physically - he is very lightly built, he could be a very handy 3rd marking forward. Didn't get a lot of the ball when playing as a deep forward pocket but managed 13 goals from 10 games. As he develops, he could surprise as a goto leading/marking forward in the mould of Bayley Fritsch. One worth watching next season.
Someone post his recent beefcake photo please, this is ancient news

bobs head soup

Peanuts Peanuts
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Like the look of Bedendo. From limited viewing he's got some pace, a good leap and likes to crash packs.
It could be dangerous if he and Naughton go for the same ball.
Jamarra can really split a pack and for a small, Weightman can also go for a proper pack mark.

As a young mobile aerial combo Naughton, Jamarra, Bedendo and Flea give us plenty to be excited about.

Moving to the wing was the best move for him
Got him up around the ball to use his pace and leaping ability

Keen to see how he goes on Thursday

I worry when someone new comes into a must-win game against strong opposition. Have they any idea what's in store for them? Both on the ground and in the forum?
Sometimes the young are good for this. At least those with attitude and high ambition.

They know only how to play competitive sport. They haven't yet been scarred by failure, nor do they fear the possibility of it. Let them loose while they are in the ascendant. And why not test them against the best if they have been judged good enough to play senior footy?

The same thing applies with the forum of public opinion (I hope you didn't mean this forum - they shouldn't be reading it!) Debutants are usually cut a bit of slack by the media anyway.

And while they are playing senior footy for the WB they know Bevo will always have their backs.

Back