Unsolved The vanishing of businesswoman Melissa Caddick - NSW

Remove this Banner Ad

Married but separate bank a/cs?

Understand you can have a separate a/c but in a normal marriage there would be a joint bank a/c. What am I missing?

He literally is thick as bricks.

Been happily married for 5 years and together for 10. Don’t have a joint bank account. Both work hard and enjoy our lifestyle. We never argue about Money. I have nothing to hide, if she asked I would happily show her my bank statements and vice versa. Got mates who are the opposite and are terrified to go to the pub or have a punt because the mrs will see it on the statement.

Been happily married for 5 years and together for 10. Don’t have a joint bank account. Both work hard and enjoy our lifestyle. We never argue about Money. I have nothing to hide, if she asked I would happily show her my bank statements and vice versa. Got mates who are the opposite and are terrified to go to the pub or have a punt because the mrs will see it on the statement.

Fair enough. Understand the latter about husbands terrified of wife seeing transaction. Know a few husbands in that boat.

Financial control can be a huge issue in a marriage - it is no different than physical intimidation.

So where do the bills get paid from?

The husband is on sunrise right now. Very awkward interview, he is either very delusional or hiding information
Think a bit of both.

Clearly not the smartest guy & still doesn't believe many of the allegations despite the evidence.

There is no way he wouldn't have asked a single question after a 14 hour grilling by ASIC... so he wasn't being fully honest.

No way he murdered her as some have suggested either. Think it's a simple case that she was caught, couldn't face the world & took her own life.

Usually I will pay it and she will transfer me half.
I used to do a choose your bill method ie I did mortgage and elec and she did food and other bills.

I then did entertainment if we went out and she had her 'mummy money'

It can be done with 2 accounts if you have trust

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think a bit of both.

Clearly not the smartest guy & still doesn't believe many of the allegations despite the evidence.

There is no way he wouldn't have asked a single question after a 14 hour grilling by ASIC... so he wasn't being fully honest.

No way he murdered her as some have suggested either. Think it's a simple case that she was caught, couldn't face the world & took her own life.

The foot suggests it may not be that simple.

So where do the bills get paid from?
We have a joint account that both of us contribute to that is only used for bills and direct debits. We also have our own separate savings accounts and share expenses or take turns paying for holidays, outings, dining out, etc. Financial independence is essential for both parties.

Sometimes it is the simple answer as there are no clues as to the alternative.
She knew the jig was up and couldn't face the shame of it all being revealed to friends and family. Went out early for a run, reached the cliffs and kept going. Brave, in one way.

She knew the jig was up and couldn't face the shame of it all being revealed to friends and family. Went out early for a run, reached the cliffs and kept going. Brave, in one way.
Agree. If you have ripped off all your close family & friends of $23M life savings, then it's not surprising the day after being discovered she thought suicide was a better option than facing up to the consequences.

Not sure i would call it brave though, as facing up to those she ripped off would have been brave.

I knew the answer the brother wanted to know before he gave it. Why? To take your own brothers $2M savings to spend on your own lifestyle is a very low act.

I knew the answer the brother wanted to know before he gave it. Why? To take your own brothers $2M savings to spend on your own lifestyle is a very low act.

when he wises up and asks for it back you just pay him from a new “investor’s” money.

i’m sure that was the plan.

funny this got brought down by someone who wasn’t even invested.

I would think police have explored this theory, but given the access she had to millions of dollars, one wonders whether she found a rogue surgeon who was willing to amputate just her foot and have it "disposed of" along that beach as a means of suggesting she took her own life.

A prosthetic foot would be one of the easiest limbs to keep covered, in terms of if a limb had to be be removed to allow for such a theory as suicide and "replacing" the amputated limb to provide supposed evidence of death, while she remains in hiding somewhere either here or overseas. Both heavily disguised and living from the proceeds of her deeds long siphoned away into other accounts. Given she is considered dead, people would ordinarily not be looking out for someone with a slight limp who may have changed hair colour/put on weight etc.

I would think police have explored this theory, but given the access she had to millions of dollars, one wonders whether she found a rogue surgeon who was willing to amputate just her foot and have it "disposed of" along that beach as a means of suggesting she took her own life.

A prosthetic foot would be one of the easiest limbs to keep covered, in terms of if a limb had to be be removed to allow for such a theory as suicide and "replacing" the amputated limb to provide supposed evidence of death, while she remains in hiding somewhere either here or overseas. Both heavily disguised and living from the proceeds of her deeds long siphoned away into other accounts. Given she is considered dead, people would ordinarily not be looking out for someone with a slight limp who may have changed hair colour/put on weight etc.

I think the far simpler explanation is that she's actually dead, and it was actually her foot.

I think the far simpler explanation is that she's actually dead, and it was actually her foot.
Plus she didn't need to chop off her foot, she could have planted just the shoe or anything else that might identify her. And if you believe she cut off her own foot you'd have to believe it was planted there because you'd never throw it out to sea in the hope it'll wash ashore. She's dead.

Plus she didn't need to chop off her foot, she could have planted just the shoe or anything else that might identify her. And if you believe she cut off her own foot you'd have to believe it was planted there because you'd never throw it out to sea in the hope it'll wash ashore. She's dead.
To be clear, I strongly suspect she is also, but her previous lengthy history of complex deception is hard to ignore.
A shoe washing up on a beach on its own is an everyday event.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back