SNFL Div 2 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

If they do I would say they would be favourites. Recruited well early, new coach who has a lot of buy in. Hopefully new club rooms will be the cherry on top.
Rooms won't be ready until August next year and with a new Electronic Scoreboard and cricket nets which will be placed in the current car park.
So if things work out for Murrumbeena they can unfurl the 2022 Division 3 flag in Round 1 in 2023 at the new look Benna Arena.

Someone has to go down
Doveton and Highett come in , and only Springvale out
Personally think murrumbeena should stay up, and Heatherton go down
Also depends on Oakleigh District situation. The SFNL appeal against OD leaving is next week.

Div 1 will have cranbourne and Springvale in. Highett and Oakleigh out (one way or another). Highett have been told to plan for Div 2.
if Oakleigh leave the SFNL, then Div 2 has Doveton and Highett in, Springvale out. Needs one to drop, or one to come up and make a 12 team comp
if Oakleigh stay, they will likely be in D2, means either 2 drop, or no one drops and a 12 team division.
I think it’s unlikely they want A 12 team comp in D2, especially when the numbers in D3 and D4 were only 8 each in 2021. More likely10/10/10/8 split.

Someone has to go down
Doveton and Highett come in , and only Springvale out
Personally think murrumbeena should stay up, and Heatherton go down

Beena wanna stay up. Not sure they can drop one down and make D3 9 teams. It’s about time they showed D3 some respect.
Would mean an inconsistent fixture.

If they do I would say they would be favourites. Recruited well early, new coach who has a lot of buy in. Hopefully new club rooms will be the cherry on top.

Going after quantity with some good recruits as opposed to 3-4 stars. Will be good to see some old faces down there in 2022.

Think Cranny go div 1 and Dovey div 2.
Agree. Thats how it will go but Doveton into div 3 wouldn't be the worst decision if the numbers worked better that way in terms of clubs per div.
The Doves were completely non competitive in Outer East Premier div this year. They had a percentage of 12.
Would not be the worst thing for them to follow Hampton Parks pathway into the competition. HP had a more competitive season than Doveton when they crossed over and were made to start in div 3.

They'll recruit and be a competitive side in div 2 but I'm not sure the Doveton side of 2021 would wipe the floor with Black rock or Clayton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sad news about Harley Balic who passed away the other day and played with keysborough last year

Can anyone confirm an old favourite from Oakleigh Districts and ex player and Supporter of the club Paul Molloy is not the best of help and is in a bad way.
Hopefully he gets well soon.

Any Div 2 news? I think Doveton Doves are going to very hard to stop. Their a Div 1 club and if they don’t go up this year they will in the not too distant future.

Doveton Doves, Caulfield, East Brighton, Chelsea Hts will make up the top 4 with 5th spot up for grabs.

I see on the fixture Hampton Park are playing home games out at Beaconsfield (their Supers home ground). What’s the go with this? Surely there is a closer venue to HP that they could use? What’s wrong with their home ground??

Doveton Doves, Caulfield, East Brighton, Chelsea Hts will make up the top 4 with 5th spot up for grabs.

I see on the fixture Hampton Park are playing home games out at Beaconsfield (their Supers home ground). What’s the go with this? Surely there is a closer venue to HP that they could use? What’s wrong with their home ground??
Unfortunately it’s the only one they can use around these areas there are junior clubs but it gets to difficult sorting out bar and canteen and beacy only have supers there so it’s not used a lot Hampton parks rooms are being demolished and a new big double story being built there

Unfortunately it’s the only one they can use around these areas there are junior clubs but it gets to difficult sorting out bar and canteen and beacy only have supers there so it’s not used a lot Hampton parks rooms are being demolished and a new big double story being built there
Heard they are playing first half of season at HP

Yeah not easy to find an alternate ground anywhere when required. There’s a big shortage of grounds everywhere. Many junior grounds are free on Saturday but they just get so many games on Sundays and training every night that they need a bit of a break some time.

Maybe the first 4 until the works start there not really sure as the work was meant to be starting now

I never understand why council's decide to start demolition just before winter and completely disrupt the facilities in footy season.
Would make a whole lot sense if they hold off until the end of the H&A season and make a start on it.

Far more easier to inconvient cricket sides with portables than having to relocate a football/netball team for a season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back