Society/Culture Are hierarchies bad?

It has become a catchcry among the woke left
Maybe the illiterate left?
you post is a mindless stupidity.
Hierarchies exist in every group, left right middle, cave dweller, lions, ants.

Maybe you ahve confused yourself by looking in the dictionary for a big word, but not reading the definition?

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
OK, lets start here:

Racial hierarchy - Wikipedia

Explain to me how this hierarchy was a good thing?

The supposed existence of differences between the 'races' was used to establish 'Racial hierarchies', which were ten were used to justify slavery, genocide, colonialism, apartheid, disenfranchisement and worse.

Do you agree this hierarchy was the cause of oppression?

Umm Malifice I'd stop right there mate.

You're using wikipedia of all sources to prove a concept is bad. That's just showing your desperation at the bottom of the barrel.

'Racial' hierarchy is concepted - probably by someone who looked up the holocaust and added to wiki, that Nazis were racist but ran power and oppression over other races - that's not a purpose of hierarchy, that's forced genocide. A lot of wiki 'definitions' are from the general public and this one is certainly not a reliable source.

Hierarchy on the other hand was a mammalian trait before humans could speak. It's not a concept, it wasn't designed by mouth breathing rapist to oppress others - humans do that not hierarchies.

I'm seriously perplexed how you're not getting this.

I would argue that if our system allows the creation of hierarchies that aren't filled at the top with the best and most successful then we have a problem.

If we have a system that allows losers to have influence over people more successful then it's broken. It's far easier to band a group of losers together to collectively decide that the winner unfairly won the game of life and needs to be removed, majority rules.

But in all seriousness hierarchies that are corrupted are bad, all of them can be corrupted, but if they are holding the best and most successful at the top and empowering them without corruption then we all benefit.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
So you think ranking people in society according to relative status and authority is a good thing?

What about on gender?

What about on race?

What about on height?

It's *ing required!

You're a mod I'm not therefore you rank above me. Do you think mods on BF are not required or are oppressing posters and that is the purpose of the hierarchy?

Are you here to oppress posters, or are you here to keep the BF real estate in order? If you agree with the latter then you've shown to be inconsistent throughout this thread.

The purpose of hierarchy is NOT to oppress others, it's to provide order and organization!

What you're talking about here is the fault of humans NOT hierarchy.

FMD when are going have the light bulb moment?

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
So was rape. We evolved past that.

Oh dear!

Other mods could you please help Malifice to stop embarrassing himself. ShanDog Chief

Seriously this thread should not even be a question.

For the last time hierarchy is / was a mammalian trait that existed before humans could speak.

It is NOT a concept, NOR is it at fault of how some bad humans misuse it.

Newsflash - bad people exist! Who would've thought! But nah 'it's hierarchy's fault' 🤪

armpit

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 8, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
There is a hierarchy between vaccinated and unvaccinated now?

What powers to the vaccinated have against the unvaccinated?

Only by way of their agreement with political decision making, to punish the unvaccinated by depriving them of social freedoms do some seem to be sharing a power over another group type thinking.

It is possible for everyone to be equal in all ways. In true bleak suffering, hopeless and desperate we are all crazed animals indistinguishable from the natural order of the world around us. In a blink we live and die, suffer and starve. Unnoticed. Unclean. Unvaled.

When we are all seem as scum to be destroyed, we are all truly equal.

If you can stand, if you have something to say - you aren't equal. If you have any power to influence the world around you, you aren't living in a world of equals.

There is no value that can be added to a man to make the power of being a woman in his presence less intoxicating to him.
There is no value that can be stripped from a man to make his strength that of his wife, and why would you want that?

The answer is to embrace our differences.

That would be misuse of your ranking the hierarchy.

Not hierarchy's fault, that's YOUR fault.
Use the words "corruption of the hierarchy". It's the basis for the oppressor/oppressed narrative.

When you bring it back to being the selfish one or few misusing their influence it removes the stigma against the structure itself.

Oh dear!

Other mods could you please help Malifice to stop embarrassing himself. ShanDog Chief

Seriously this thread should not even be a question.

For the last time hierarchy is / was a mammalian trait that existed before humans could speak.

It is NOT a concept, NOR is it at fault of how some bad humans misuse it.

Newsflash - bad people exist! Who would've thought! But nah 'it's hierarchy's fault' 🤪
Agree the OP is meaningless.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
If you can stand, if you have something to say - you aren't equal. If you have any power to influence the world around you, you aren't living in a world of equals.

You mean community leaders and the like?

The answer is to embrace our differences.

But but 'collectivism and individualism' cause every one agrees with everyone else and everyone is equal, there is literally no difference and that's why we don't need hierarchies remember.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
And here you were talking about human nature.

Is it not human nature to abuse power?

If so, how are hierarchies (which grant power) a good thing when they contribute to (and facilitate) that abuse?

Oh dear!

You either can't read or comprehend, I'll dumb it down for you - for the last time.

Yes it is human nature to abuse power, that doesn't mean every single person in power is abusing power 'coz hierarchy said I could'

Hierarchies are a good thing when used for purpose, i:e NOT abusing power.

Hierarchy is not some sort of entity that is designed to oppress. That's what f*n humans do.

You're confusing a bad minority of humans as big bad 'hierarchy' - it is the height of ridiculous.

You mean community leaders and the like?
I get paid the same as the rest of the mods without having to do as much work.

But but 'collectivism and individualism' cause every one agrees with everyone else and everyone is equal, there is literally no difference and that's why we don't need hierarchies remember.

It's all an attempt to avoid discussing that people aren't the same, that humans all over the world don't start from the same place and but for the same environmental fostering would be the same as adults.

It's understandable, everyone should have the same value. Everyone is human. It makes the abortion position a bit awkward though.

Tell that to the Jews, Romani, Slaves, Women, Aboriginals, Black South Africans, Native Americans, LGBTI people and so forth.

They'd all love to subscribe to your newsletter.

What has happened if/when those groups have found themselves in a position of influence since?

South Africa is doing so well right now, as an example.

The Jews are either a victim or a perpetrator depending on which point you're trying to make at the time. And by "you're" I don't mean you specifically.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
Tell that to the Jews, Romani, Slaves, Women, Aboriginals, Black South Africans, Native Americans, LGBTI people and so forth.

They'd all love to subscribe to your newsletter.

Yes they're oppressed by humans NOT hierarchy FFS.

It's clear you're baiting me now, coz you know I don't like stupid. I'm gonna leave you to your delusion.

Back