Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
The Suns is such a stupid name.
Can we just merge in some way with Southport and become the GC Sharks.
It would be so much better.
They wanted to distance the AFL team from the Sharks so people who weren't aligned to Southport still felt it is their team.

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
Should be Gold Coast Pirates, kids can dress up in pirate stuff, patches, we can have a pirate logo and a parrot secondary logo

home jumper is black , with vertical stripes on one side in aqua blue and yellow/red as a homage to our beginning)
and away mostly aqua blue with verticals appearing in indigenous colours as it turns out - with white shorts as its a lighter uniform

and in a traditional jumper design of sorts

here is a very rudimentary idea of what i mean - if someone has skills and program to do this properly i would love to see it plus the back

1634778139477.png
1634778208414.png

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I’m old and no good with computers but I’d like to see how the soccer team from Ted Lasso looks as an AFL guernsey. Basically chop the sleeves off, add yellow piping and I think it’s great…

C58CE988-E805-4A35-B740-394F9AC76D08.jpeg

Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
Should be Gold Coast Pirates, kids can dress up in pirate stuff, patches, we can have a pirate logo and a parrot secondary logo

home jumper is black , with vertical stripes on one side in aqua blue and yellow/red as a homage to our beginning)
and away mostly aqua blue with verticals appearing in indigenous colours as it turns out - with white shorts as its a lighter uniform

and in a traditional jumper design of sorts

here is a very rudimentary idea of what i mean - if someone has skills and program to do this properly i would love to see it plus the back
In before SUNS suggests "Gold Coast Buccaneers"

The Suns is still a stupid name. It’s awful.
We heard you the first time
Nicely done Victorian, What about swapping the yellow and blue on the red kit?

While I'm here, Maybe someone can take a stab at something similar to what our older brothers in Phoenix rock?

Not personally keen on the digital look but I think it's an interesting take, A sunrise would more than likely work better for us than a sunset though

1634841286901.png

Feb 27, 2005
Port Augusta
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
QPR
Said it years ago and I stand by it now, this is the best suns knockup guernsey.

Just a genuine, all around good looking uniform.
Amongst all the mock ups… this has always been my favourite. Every couple of years as a new skyscraper is completed. New guernsey come out, we sell even more merch because the skyline is ever changing. Unlike the current guernsey, the only thing that seems to change are the sponsors.

Jul 21, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
Amongst all the mock ups… this has always been my favourite. Every couple of years as a new skyscraper is completed. New guernsey come out, we sell even more merch because the skyline is ever changing. Unlike the current guernsey, the only thing that seems to change are the sponsors.
i think a skyline guernsey would be unlikely to eventuate. may be some repercussions on using the likeness of certain buildings, may have to get permission from every building management to use their likeness, similar to the swans and the opera house. could be costly too.

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
In before SUNS suggests "Gold Coast Buccaneers"

We heard you the first time

Nicely done Victorian, What about swapping the yellow and blue on the red kit?

While I'm here, Maybe someone can take a stab at something similar to what our older brothers in Phoenix rock?

Not personally keen on the digital look but I think it's an interesting take, A sunrise would more than likely work better for us than a sunset though

View attachment 1265389

Don’t rate the smart Alec response from anyone especially a Mod. Yeah that’s crap.

Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB Lightning,
Don’t rate the smart Alec response from anyone especially a Mod. Yeah that’s crap.

People don't rate you pushing your opinions agendas with constant repetition and bluntness. Just tone it back to a normal and people probably wont react to you so harshly :thumbsu:

The Kings Ransom

Premiership Player
Aug 30, 2021
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB Lightning,
2022 Anzac Day jumper is a cracker