Opinion Vent & Offtopic

Remove this Banner Ad

newcastlefalcon

Team Captain
Oct 1, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Just how good is it to see the Suns throwing Casboult a lifeline!
After choosing not to play 2 metre Peter, giving him away and then playing 2021 without a ruck - inspirational stuff.
I suppose it only makes sense when the D team kept dropping Lyons because 'he didn't run both ways' and then gave him away too. Seems he has grown another leg at the Lions!
Should we expect following on from the D teams Casboult coup that Gorringe will be brought back into the fold after he also couldn't get a regular game at the Blues?

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
After choosing not to play 2 metre Peter, giving him away and then playing 2021 without a ruck - inspirational stuff.
I suppose it only makes sense when the D team kept dropping Lyons because 'he didn't run both ways' and then gave him away too. Seems he has grown another leg at the Lions!
Should we expect following on from the D teams Casboult coup that Gorringe will be brought back into the fold after he also couldn't get a regular game at the Blues?

You’re comparing casboult on the rookie list for a packet of chips most likely spending time in the VFL to 2mp high draft pick 700k playing in hub scratch matches.. go have a cold shower

Sep 25, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
OKC, Chelsea FC, Raiders

Dude your hate seems a little bit too obsessive at this point (and kinda sad but whatever).

Is everything alright mate?

SnusCG

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Wright kicked 1 or less goals in 12/21 games this year and he's on 600k a year.

Casboult will be a backup ruckman and a contested marking forward who averaged the same amount of goals on minimum afl wage.

No one is anticipating him coming in and kicking 60. he's a low risk player that plays an area we need some depth in.

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Did he not have to quarantine?

Must have told lies when coming home. Probably drove over the border.

This could be bad. There have been many many FWits in my area of Broadbeach parading about in the community lately not wearing masks because they are too cool to care for others.

Last edited:
Mist have told lies when coming home. Probably drove over the border.

This could be bad. There have been many many FWits in my area of Broadbeach parading about in the community lately not wearing masks because they are too cool to care for others.
Yeah its very concerning especially being a driver, where you'd have a good deal with the public. No doubt people in limited covid affected places like QLD can easily get not compliant when it comes to QR coding. I refuse to believe he didn't know he was sick, 10 days? Surely he would have had symtoms before now.

Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
Did he not have to quarantine?

See this kind of stuff really gets my goat.

People want to point fingers at certain goverment figures for locking down too hastily, When it's clowns like these that don't follow the rules, Get infected and then ruin things for the rest of the abiding population - Same thing happened in Tassie the other week.

Human's can be really shitty and given how much of a rollercoaster life has been over the last year and a half I'm kind of really over it by this point.

See this kind of stuff really gets my goat.

People want to point fingers at certain goverment figures for locking down too hastily, When it's clowns like these that don't follow the rules, Get infected and then ruin things for the rest of the abiding population - Same thing happened in Tassie the other week.

Human's can be really shitty and given how much of a rollercoaster life has been over the last year and a half I'm kind of really over it by this point.
100% To trust people to obey the rules and do the right thing seems to be too easy. I think worst of all, he knew he had symtoms since Oct 11, yet did nothing...

After the last 2 years, you'd think people have gotten better -- clearly not.

100% To trust people to obey the rules and do the right thing seems to be too easy. I think worst of all, he knew he had symtoms since Oct 11, yet did nothing...

After the last 2 years, you'd think people have gotten better -- clearly not.

I think you are being optimistic about the level of intelligence of the general public.

George Carlin said it best - Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you are being optimistic about the level of intelligence of the general public.

George Carlin said it best - Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that.
That's me. Always trying to think the best in humankind. Too optimistic for this world.

Dec 5, 2015
Bueng Kan,Thailand
AFL Club
Gold Coast
As this is the Vent and Offtopic thread, I thought I'd throw this pearler out there....

As we here in Thailand depend greatly on tourism, my adopted Country is to open its borders on Nov1st, to fully vaccinated tourists, without quarantine, but who must be tested prior to departure and after arrival, who will be allowed to travel to only 17 of the 76 Provinces..all are tourist areas
However, all entertainment venues incl bars Clubs pubs karaoke bars, will remain closed, and restaurants whilst being allowed to open, the sale of alcohol with meals is strictly prohibited.
If any of you have travelled to Thailand you are also probably aware that alcohol can only be purchased at retail establishments between the hrs of 11am-2pm and after 5pm, although here in my province of Rayong (also one of the 17) alcohol can only be purchased 11am-2pm....

You'll also be pleased to know that with less that 40% of the population here vaccinated, this was the headline from Monday 18th October 2021

10,111 new Covid cases, 63 deaths Monday

So how many out there want to have a holiday in Thailand, to appease our beloved leader, once you're allowed to travel that is.....c'mon how many.....anyone?

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
As this is the Vent and Offtopic thread, I thought I'd throw this pearler out there....

As we here in Thailand depend greatly on tourism, my adopted Country is to open its borders on Nov1st, to fully vaccinated tourists, without quarantine, but who must be tested prior to departure and after arrival, who will be allowed to travel to only 17 of the 76 Provinces..all are tourist areas
However, all entertainment venues incl bars Clubs pubs karaoke bars, will remain closed, and restaurants whilst being allowed to open, the sale of alcohol with meals is strictly prohibited.
If any of you have travelled to Thailand you are also probably aware that alcohol can only be purchased at retail establishments between the hrs of 11am-2pm and after 5pm, although here in my province of Rayong (also one of the 17) alcohol can only be purchased 11am-2pm....

You'll also be pleased to know that with less that 40% of the population here vaccinated, this was the headline from Monday 18th October 2021

So how many out there want to have a holiday in Thailand, to appease our beloved leader, once you're allowed to travel that is.....c'mon how many.....anyone?
Still better than 52,009 new Covid cases, 115 deaths Thurday in UK - 66 million population, 79% double dose 12+, no restrictions

Thailand is the place my sister would jump to go, Phuket is her favourite place, but even she said she's gonna wait a while before travelling.

Dec 5, 2015
Bueng Kan,Thailand
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Still better than 52,009 new Covid cases, 115 deaths Thurday in UK - 66 million population, 79% double dose 12+, no restrictions

Probably true and I'd probably believe those figures from the UK, but if you only test 15000 people a day, then you can't have more than that number in published new cases....
and that is one figure (number of tests) that the Thai Gov won't publish.
Bit like the published figure on road deaths here...it's well over 20,000 per year, but to keep numbers down they don't include deaths in Hospital from injuries received, in that total......so more likely to be over 30,000 but we'll never know for sure.

Probably true and I'd probably believe those figures from the UK, but if you only test 15000 people a day, then you can't have more than that number in published new cases....
and that is one figure (number of tests) that the Thai Gov won't publish.
Bit like the published figure on road deaths here...it's well over 20,000 per year, but to keep numbers down they don't include deaths in Hospital from injuries received, in that total......so more likely to be over 30,000 but we'll never know for sure.

20,000 road deaths? Holy s**t

Dec 5, 2015
Bueng Kan,Thailand
AFL Club
Gold Coast
20,000 road deaths? Holy sh*t

Just checked this site and so far its been a good year this year with 10,623 deaths uptil 4.30pm today...with 689000+ injuries (could be due to all the curfews and lockdowns imposed.....we're under curfew still.
and today 22/10 theres been 1085 reported accidents with 11 deaths and 1074 injured.....

Just remembered it's a National Holiday today and tomorrow so probably a lot more traffic on the roads....

http://www.thairsc.com/eng/

Last edited:
How nice!

IMG_9820.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Corkie

Premiership Player
Aug 6, 2013
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast United
It doesn’t seem we are allowed to talk about it on our board, but a quick well done Collingwood (or the AFL?) on setting a precedent for this type of player behaviour.

It’s a step in the right direction to educate players about the consequences of their actions.

The Kings Ransom

Premiership Player
Aug 30, 2021
AFL Club
Gold Coast
It doesn’t seem we are allowed to talk about it on our board, but a quick well done Collingwood (or the AFL?) on setting a precedent for this type of player behaviour.

It’s a step in the right direction to educate players about the consequences of their actions.
I mean, it's a pretty easy step for them to take and literally means nothing at this present time.
If this results in contract ended - then I'll give them a wrap.

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
I mean, it's a pretty easy step for them to take and literally means nothing at this present time.
If this results in contract ended - then I'll give them a wrap.
Yeah unless his contract is torn up and he is sent packing then Collingwood are allowing this behaviour to continue with a slap on the wrist.

Back