List Mgmt. Adelaide Crows 2021 List Management thread

Will the Crows pick up any of these players in the off-season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure about this opinion. I think we are building nicely with the youngsters we have already to fill those positions. Would Brander be an upgrade on what we already have?

I disagree with the Lynch replacement part, but Kane is probably right here, Brander would be a nice add.

Especially as a third tall defender, moving Doedee to a mid sized.

ADELAIDE
Arrivals: Jordan Dawson (traded – Sydney)

Departures: Tom Lynch (delisted), Jake Kelly (free agent – Essendon), David Mackay (retired), Tyson Stengle (delisted – Geelong), Daniel Talia (retired)

Uncontracted: Ben Davis, Ronin O’Connor

Contracted: 39 (including two category B rookies)

Draft picks: 4, 33, 75, 80

Davis and O’Connor are the only players yet to learn their contract fate for next season. The Crows can add up to seven more players, so could be active in the recycled market, where they struck gold with Ben Keays two years ago.

PORT ADELAIDE
Arrivals: Jeremy Finlayson (traded – GWS Giants)

Departures: Trent Burgoyne (delisted), Joel Garner (delisted), Tyson Goldsack (retired), Hamish Hartlett (delisted), Peter Ladhams (traded – Sydney), Jarrod Lienert (delisted), Sam Mayes (delisted)*, Tom Rockliff (retired), Boyd Woodcock (delisted)

Uncontracted: Steven Motlop

Contracted: 34

Draft picks: 12, 63, 73, 74, 92

Mid-season draftee Jed McEntee has inked a one-year extension for 2022, leaving only Motlop to re-sign – but the veteran will get a deal for next season. Martin Frederick has been promoted, so the Power doesn’t have a category B rookie at this stage. That leaves eight primary- and category A rookie-list positions up for grabs, one of which will go to Motlop.

Not sure about this opinion. I think we are building nicely with the youngsters we have already to fill those positions. Would Brander be an upgrade on what we already have?
Definately should give Brander a look in… but kornes probably has alterior motives here..

He probably sees the crows going hard after lukoscious for that lynch type connector role end of next year and he’d be terrified adelaide have the advantage over his beloved powa who, if the rumours are true, also want luko… so he’s putting branders name out there desperately willing the crows into brander and, if they take him, then hoping they maybe not worring about chasing luko as hard..

everything the bloke says about the crows is spoken with a forked tongue and has an alterior motive.. of that you can be guaranteed.

ADELAIDE
Arrivals: Jordan Dawson (traded – Sydney)

Departures: Tom Lynch (delisted), Jake Kelly (free agent – Essendon), David Mackay (retired), Tyson Stengle (delisted – Geelong), Daniel Talia (retired)

Uncontracted: Ben Davis, Ronin O’Connor

Contracted: 39 (including two category B rookies)

Draft picks: 4, 33, 75, 80

Davis and O’Connor are the only players yet to learn their contract fate for next season. The Crows can add up to seven more players, so could be active in the recycled market, where they struck gold with Ben Keays two years ago.

PORT ADELAIDE
Arrivals: Jeremy Finlayson (traded – GWS Giants)

Departures: Trent Burgoyne (delisted), Joel Garner (delisted), Tyson Goldsack (retired), Hamish Hartlett (delisted), Peter Ladhams (traded – Sydney), Jarrod Lienert (delisted), Sam Mayes (delisted)*, Tom Rockliff (retired), Boyd Woodcock (delisted)

Uncontracted: Steven Motlop

Contracted: 34

Draft picks: 12, 63, 73, 74, 92

Mid-season draftee Jed McEntee has inked a one-year extension for 2022, leaving only Motlop to re-sign – but the veteran will get a deal for next season. Martin Frederick has been promoted, so the Power doesn’t have a category B rookie at this stage. That leaves eight primary- and category A rookie-list positions up for grabs, one of which will go to Motlop.
We can add up to 7?? How the hell does that work? I'm expecting 2-3 in the draft, maybe a rookie and that's it. 7??

Definately should give Brander a look in… but kornes probably has alterior motives here..

He probably sees the crows going hard after lukoscious for that lynch type connector role end of next year and he’d be terrified adelaide have the advantage over his beloved powa who, if the rumours are true, also want luko… so he’s putting branders name out there desperately willing the crows into brander and, if they take him, then hoping they maybe not worring about chasing luko as hard..

everything the bloke says about the crows is spoken with a forked tongue and has an alterior motive.. of that you can be guaranteed.

Brander doesn't prevent that from happening, and we've already signed the player who does this offseason.

I disagree with the Lynch replacement part, but Kane is probably right here, Brander would be a nice add.

Maybe, but is he really a need there ?? I guess if you don't think Hinge will stand up it's not a bad punt.

Maybe, but is he really a need there ?? I guess if you don't think Hinge will stand up it's not a bad punt.

Not particularly a need, but it's not like it hurts either due to likely taking up a spot used on a rookie, or pick 73.

Wouldn't we want to give Worrell a go?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see the attraction of a Brander type. I don’t think anyone is judging him on anything but his potential vs cost though.

Nicks is all about attitude. If you don’t buy into what we’re demand as a team, then don’t bother applying.

I would guess Brander is a bit behind the eight ball to try and prove he has what it takes when his previous employer can’t even find a casual role for him to fill. They would rather give the new work experience kid a chance.

I’d rather see us continue down the path we are on, picking up players that don’t pick and choose when. I’m loving the Keays, Berry, Pedlar, McHenry, Fog, Thilthorpe attack in ball and player. Hell, I’d go as far as saying the bit we saw of McAsey shows he has the courage and commitment that is becoming the cornerstone of our brand.

It’s also why I’m not so keen on players like Rowe.

Look at our leaders. Sloane and Doedee set the standard.

So whomever is coming into our club has to fit. Dawson is example 1a.

Sure we need some pace and flair, but we can’t get seduced by talent alone.

It’s why we put it all on the line to try and get JHF. It’s why we are probably reluctant to split 4. We want the guys that scream ‘footballer!’ and they are the ones that cost ya.

44 allowed on list. Currently 39. So 5 list spots. Maybe they are confused by the cat 2 Rookies and the list cut in sizes
Err.. no. We're currently at 32 on the senior list, 6 on the Cat A rookie list, and 2 on the Cat B rookie list.

Are you forgetting that we've added Dawson to our senior list?

We currently have 4x senior list vacancies, 0x rookie list vacancies (Cat A or B), with 2 players uncontracted (1x senior, 1x Cat A rookie).

• Err.. no. We're currently at 32 on the senior list, 6 on the Cat A rookie list, and 2 on the Cat B rookie list.

Are you forgetting that we've added Dawson to our senior list?

We currently have 4x senior list vacancies, 0x rookie list vacancies (Cat A or B), with 2 players uncontracted (1x senior, 1x Cat A rookie).
  • We have 31 on the senior list and 6 Cat A Rookies and 2 Cat B Rookies
    • Jones
    • Keays Rookie
    • McAsey
    • Murphy
    • Crouch
    • Hately
    • Thilthorpe
    • Dawson
    • Sloane
    • Pelar
    • Seedsman
    • Walker
    • Cook
    • Brown
    • Hamill
    • Hinge
    • Berry
    • Frampton
    • McAdam
    • Worrell
    • McHenry
    • Schoenberg
    • Murray - Rookie
    • Laird
    • Milera
    • Rowe
    • Fogarty
    • Smith
    • Himmelberg
    • Borlase - Rookie
    • McPherson
    • Sholl
    • Doedee
    • Butts - Rookie
    • Newchurch - Rookie
    • O’Brien
    • Gollant - Rookie
    • Strachan - Rookie
    • Parnell - Rookie
    • Out of Contract Davis and O’Connor
      So we have 39 contracted. 31 Senior and 6 Cat A Rookie and 2 Car B Rookies

Last edited:

• We have 31 on the senior list and 6 Cat A Rookies and 2 Cat B Rookies
    • Jones
    • Keays Rookie
    • McAsey
    • Murphy
    • Crouch
    • Hately
    • Thilthorpe
    • Dawson
    • Sloane
    • Pelar
    • Seedsman
    • Walker
    • Cook
    • Brown
    • Hamill
    • Hinge
    • Berry
    • Frampton
    • McAdam
    • Worrell
    • McHenry
    • Schoenberg
    • Murray - Rookie
    • Laird
    • Milera
    • Rowe
    • Fogarty
    • Smith
    • Himmelberg
    • Borlase - Rookie
    • McPherson
    • Sholl
    • Doedee
    • Butts - Rookie
    • Newchurch - Rookie
    • O’Brien
    • Gollant - Rookie
    • Strachan - Rookie
    • Parnell - Rookie
    • Out of Contract Davis and O’Connor
      So we have 39 contracted. 31 Senior and 8Rookie
Something's not right there.

We've lost 4x players from the senior list - Talia (del), Lynch (del), Stengle (del), Kelly (FA) - and added Dawson. That means we should have 33x senior list players, of which ROC is uncontracted.

We had 8x Cat A rookies at the end of the season. Gibbs & Mackay are gone, so that leaves 6, of which Davis is uncontracted.

We had 2x Cat B rookies, and there's no change to that tally.

By my maths we only have 3x vacancies (all on the senior list), plus the two uncontracted players.

I'm just stuffed if I can figure out who's missing from your list.

Something's not right there.

We've lost 4x players from the senior list - Talia (del), Lynch (del), Stengle (del), Kelly (FA) - and added Dawson. That means we should have 33x senior list players, of which ROC is uncontracted.

We had 8x Cat A rookies at the end of the season. Gibbs & Mackay are gone, so that leaves 6, of which Davis is uncontracted.

We had 2x Cat B rookies, and there's no change to that tally.

By my maths we only have 3x vacancies (all on the senior list), plus the two uncontracted players.

I'm just stuffed if I can figure out who's missing from your list.
Nobody is missing. I havent included O'Connor on the senior list nor Davis on the Rookie List. They are not contracted so at this stage they are off list to me. If you include them then we have 32 Senior and 9 Rookies.

Nobody is missing. I havent included O'Connor on the senior list nor Davis on the Rookie List. They are not contracted so at this stage they are off list to me. If you include them then we have 32 Senior and 9 Rookies.
So we're in violent agreement 32+9 = 41 current players, from a maximum of 44. We have 3x current vacancies, plus 2 uncontracted players - a maximum of 5 list positions which could potentially be filled through the drafts.

To avoid the debate of whether or not ROC is still on the senior list, I am counting autograph collections, i.e. contracts.

I count 39 contracts including Dawson.

We can have up to 44 contracts - up to 42 on the primary list (including rookies, up to 38 senior and up to 6 rookies to a max of 42 total) plus two Cat B rookies.

So we can sign up to 5 more contracts, ROC and Davis could be up to two of those. We can also leave some spots vacant.

We are obviously going to spend pick 4 and 33 on at least one player, could be up to 3 if we split 4.

If we want one of the DFAs we clearly have space to do so, but definitely not a necessity.

My guess is 3 draft picks (taking us up to 36 senior list players), recontract ROC as a rookie (taking us up to 5 Cat A rookies), and leave a rookie spot vacant.

Which means something other than the above scenario will happen.

Not often I agree with Kornes but he's spot on here 195cm blokes that have Brander's speed and endurance aren't available as a free hit too often.
I doubt he doesn't have multiple clubs that will put offers his way, I'd think he'll find home without any problems.
Can't say i've seen him play too often. Any idea what he's like in a contested grab situation?

He's gonna have the Law Firm of Laird, Sloane and Crouch launching repeat highballs into him if he did come to us.

I think we'll try leave one of our remaining 5 contract spots open for an SSP post draft, just like we did to get Taylor and Murray in the past two seasons.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us upgrade two rookies, delist Davis, and go into the draft with 2 senior list contract spots and 3 rookie contract spots.

This would give us the ability to draft 2 players, take a fresh rookie, re-rookie O'Connor and have an open SSP spot.

Alternatively we might choose a configuration with 3 senior contract spots and 2 on the rookie list and target a DFA

Back