Mega Thread 2021 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Is North saying no to trading pick one thus a reflection on those trades (that seem pretty good if you’re wanting a quick rebuild) or on how good they think JHF is?

And if the latter, what are we trading to get him back to SA in 2 years time when he is out of contract but has 40 games and a rising star award to his name?

For those keen on Sinn, is the thought he would be an immediate inside midfield inclusion and offer some much needed pace? Or will he be a slow burn and start on a HFF or HBF? And why do we see him being a better option than say Draper, Erasmus or Goater who may also be available and have more exposed form?

I’m reevaluating my draft board. Mac Andrew was at 20 but I’m seriously considering moving him up. Here’s why:

* would be the perfect 3rd tall/second ruck for combination with Hayes
* I know 2022 has plenty who could also fill the role but none will have the athletic profile of Andrew
* I know his highlights are misleading because he goes missing in games but we would have Lycett’s life expectancy to teach him football. As we would have a very defined role for him, 3 years should be plenty
* If we are building a Rozee, Butters dynasty, you need to have your tall players in place first- they take longer to ripen- then get your inside mids, flankers.
* I had him at 20 based mostly on Port’s needs- didn’t think we needed him as such. It’s really that that I am reevaluating.

The great unknown is whether Lukosius is a real thing or not. If he is, this may weaken my above arguments and lessen the need to push Andrew up the draft board.
Mac Andrew will be gone by our pick. Purely on a needs basis for other clubs. Good news is that allows another mid to slide to us. Hopefully Sonsie.

Such a crud draft hand. Only pick 12 is worth anything.

What makes it worse is we don’t have next year’s first rounder anymore, meaning over the course of this draft and next we have the chance to pick one A grader.

Better rate the existing youff at the club…

What makes it worse is we don’t have next year’s first rounder anymore,
Either I've forgotten something very important, or this isn't correct?

What makes it worse is we don’t have next year’s first rounder anymore, meaning over the course of this draft and next we have the chance to pick one A grader.

How do we not have next years first ?? This isn't right.

AFL Talent Ambassador Kevin Sheehan has released his Top AFL Draft Prospects in the category of Medium Defenders ahead of the 2021 NAB AFL Draft to be held on Wednesday, November 24 and Thursday, November 25.

The Medium Defenders group has the potential to see multiple first-round picks at this year's NAB AFL Draft. Sheehan's positional profiles will be released every Thursday as we count down to this year's draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Talent Ambassador Kevin Sheehan has released his Top AFL Draft Prospects in the category of Medium Defenders ahead of the 2021 NAB AFL Draft to be held on Wednesday, November 24 and Thursday, November 25.

The Medium Defenders group has the potential to see multiple first-round picks at this year's NAB AFL Draft. Sheehan's positional profiles will be released every Thursday as we count down to this year's draft.

Shut the F*** up, Sheehan- Jace is a dud who wouldn’t attract a bid for a chip by a seagull at a seagull chip auction.

Does anyone rate Mitch Knevitt from Geelong Falcons?

Tall inside mid, good overhead mark, plus good speed and endurance (oops, I just thought of Ryan Lonie for a split second o_O).

Maybe some available with our later picks that could be worth a sniff.

I disagree. I think there will be a heap of late picks/rookies who will be very good players. With so little football played for these kids over the past 2 years there will be some gems that will fall through just because they haven’t had the opportunity to develop.

Does anyone rate Mitch Knevitt from Geelong Falcons?

Tall inside mid, good overhead mark, plus good speed and endurance (oops, I just thought of Ryan Lonie for a split second o_O).
I did a comparison of Knevitt v Goater. Goater has similar height and athletic attributes and uses them to break from packs. Knevitt prefers to give the first give and doesn’t use his attributes as much. I very much want Goater- he looks custom made for us. Knevitt isn’t in my top 20.

Tiser/News Top 30 mock draft:

TOP 30 MOCK DRAFT
1. North Melbourne - Jason Horne-Francis (South Adelaide/SA)

Midfielder/forward, 184cm, 77kg

2. Collingwood - Nick Daicos (Oakleigh Chargers/Vic Metro)

Matching GWS’ father-son bid
Midfielder/forward, 183cm, 72kg
3. Western Bulldogs - Sam Darcy (Oakleigh Chargers/Vic Metro)
Matching GWS’ father-son bid
Key-forward/defender, 204cm, 75kg

4. GWS - Finn Callaghan (Sandringham Dragons/Vic Metro)
Midfielder, 189cm, 82kg

5. Gold Coast - Josh Gibcus (GWV Rebels/Vic Country)
Key defender, 195cm, 84kg

Live trade
Adelaide trades pick 6 and 33 to Richmond for picks 9 and 17, plus a swap of future second-round selections.

6. Richmond - Ben Hobbs (GWV Rebels/Vic Country)
Midfielder, 183cm, 80kg

7. Hawthorn - Josh Ward (Northern Knights/Vic Metro)
Midfielder, 181cm, 74kg

8. Fremantle - Jye Amiss (East Perth/WA)
Key forward, 195cm, 83kg

9. Adelaide - Josh Sinn (Sandringham Dragons/Vic Metro)
Defender/midfielder, 186cm, 73kg

10. Fremantle - Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera (Glenelg/SA)
Wingman, 188cm, 70kg

11. St Kilda - Matthew Johnson (Subiaco/WA)
Midfielder, 192cm, 78kg

12. West Coast - Neil Erasmus (Subiaco/WA)
Midfielder/forward, 192cm, 80kg

13. Essendon - Josh Rachele (Murray Bushrangers/Vic Country)
Forward/midfielder, 180cm, 78kg

14. Port Adelaide - Matty Roberts (South Adelaide/SA)
Midfielder/forward, 183cm, 81kg

15. GWS - Mac Andrew (Dandenong Stingrays/Vic Country)
Ruckman, 200cm, 70kg

16. Brisbane - Arlo Draper (South Adelaide/SA)
Midfielder/forward, 186cm, 71kg

17. Adelaide - Josh Goater (Calder Cannons/Vic Metro)
Midfielder/defender 190cm, 79kg

18. Sydney - Tyler Sonsie (Eastern Ranges/Vic Metro)
Midfielder, 181cm, 77kg

19. Melbourne - Campbell Chesser (Sandringham Dragons/Vic Metro)
Midfielder/defender, 186cm, 83kg

20. Brisbane - Darcy Wilmot (Northern Knights/Vic Metro)
Defender, 183cm, 75kg

21. Fremantle - Jacob van Rooyen (Claremont/WA)
Key forward/defender, 193cm, 87kg

22. North Melbourne - Leek Alleer (Central District/SA)
Key defender, 195cm, 84kg

23. Hawthorn - Zac Taylor (Calder Cannons/Vic Metro)
Midfielder, 180cm, 74kg

24. Geelong - Tom Brown (Murray Bushrangers/Vic Country)
Defender, 186cm, 71kg

25. Hawthorn - Sam Butler (GWV Rebels/Vic Country)
Midfielder/forward, 184cm, 73kg

26. Carlton - Jesse Motlop (South Fremantle/WA)
Forward/mid

27. Richmond - Jack Williams (East Fremantle/WA)
Key forward, 195cm, 91kg

28. Richmond - Angus Sheldrick (Claremont/WA)
Midfielder, 179cm, 88kg

29. Richmond - Blake Howes (Sandringham Dragons/Vic Metro)
Forward/midfielder, 190cm, 79kg

30. St Kilda - Marcus Windhager (Sandringham Dragons/Vic Metro)
Matching West Coast’s NGA bid
Midfielder, 183cm, 82kg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back