Travel When'll we travel overseas again / how to get out of Australia?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
I've been lucky enough to fly business once, from Brisbane to Nice and if you've got the money, fu**en oath it's worth it. We didn't pay 7k though, last minute upgrade for 800aud. Couldn't have said yes any faster.
Its a terrible use of money Unkess you already can afford to spend 2000 dollars every day of your vacation. If you can afford that then maybe it makes rational sense.

i spend about 1000-1500 dollars per day on my vacations. Cant rationalise business class seats. I just dont earn enough.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
6’3 and 120kgs mate. This frame isn’t made for international economy. 🤣🤣
That makes it a little more worthwhile to go business but there are extra leg room seats and seats with nothing in front on most internstional flights in economy if you book early That only cost a couple of hundred extra.

booking two economy seats is another option that saves a lot of money compared to business.

in any case hope you have a great trip.

Jul 11, 2005
On the Road to A.G
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong
Sounds simple. Who would have ever thought it would be so hard to leave Australia. And even more so, who coul'dve imagined that Australia would become a country that no-one wants to visit.
Its hard to leave a few countries at the moment. Thats what happens when governments bungle responses to a pandemic. But most people I know overseas are keen to come back to Australia so I don't follow your last point, unless you are referring to the Americans screaming "Australia has fallen" on social media and even then those types never leave their own state, let alone their own country.

Apr 6, 2005
La Côte d'Azur
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC
Its hard to leave a few countries at the moment. Thats what happens when governments bungle responses to a pandemic. But most people I know overseas are keen to come back to Australia so I don't follow your last point, unless you are referring to the Americans screaming "Australia has fallen" on social media and even then those types never leave their own state, let alone their own country.
What countries are difficult to leave?

I'll give you North Korea. Who else is all locked up?

vaughanin

Draftee
Oct 20, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Tell me, have you moved to Britain? I recently moved to London from Paris and am looking for a company to travel around Britain. It may be interesting for you to get to know the country together with your partner. I plan to go on an unforgettable train journey over the weekend to the sights and interesting places of Britain. I want to get acquainted with all the beauties of the country. I will be very glad if you join me and maybe take some of your friends with you. How do you feel about my offer?

Last edited:

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Juventus,
Hanging to get back to London, eat kebabs and curries and watch Arsenal play. Wonder if we are going with travel bubbles with a handful of countries or if its going to be flights available to everywhere except for what I assume they will class as problem countries.
Will be pretty much a free for all on the way out. On the way back their might be some restrictions for “red” countries but otherwise should be fine. Depends which state you live in of course 🤣

Taylor Moss

Club Legend
Oct 1, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
Hanging to get back to London, eat kebabs and curries and watch Arsenal play. Wonder if we are going with travel bubbles with a handful of countries or if its going to be flights available to everywhere except for what I assume they will class as problem countries.
Except drink Guiness eat Pork Pies & watch Bournemouth 🤣🤣🍒🍒

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taylor Moss

Club Legend
Oct 1, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
I don't find guiness travels well, but I do love a good stout so the sooner I get back to the UK the better.
Doesn’t. Hence the brewing under licence here in Oz. Which is very very similar to the Irish stuff. Everyone told me to taste the difference in Ireland….couldn’t tell. And my beer palate is pretty bloody good.
As I said Kilkenny there is like a crystallised toffee beer. Here, it doesn’t have any of that character at all.

Jul 11, 2005
On the Road to A.G
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong
Doesn’t. Hence the brewing under licence here in Oz. Which is very very similar to the Irish stuff. Everyone told me to taste the difference in Ireland….couldn’t tell. And my beer palate is pretty bloody good.
As I said Kilkenny there is like a crystallised toffee beer. Here, it doesn’t have any of that character at all.

Thats good to know, I got off Guiness ages ago in Oz because it tasted off, going to give it a go if they are brewing it here.

Poetic Justice

i will touch the sun or i will die trying
Wordler
Jun 21, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Might need to find one
How do you guys feel about international travel at present?

With the notion that places like Fiji and Thailand are now opening up for us and that Bali is a work in progress which I anticipate will be alleviated for when I would expect to travel, how do we feel about venturing out of the country to places like these?

Fiji for instance, small and depends if you're on an island so mass exposure is probably reduced.

Bali on the other hand has had a nightmare run with COVID but Indonesia prioritised them for vaccination and are now at about 80% double jab like we are, and case numbers are greatly reduced.

But the question surrounds if you did get sick - being hospitalised etc.

BUT BUT, if you're there for say a 11-14 day holiday, chances are if you get sick you might be back in Australia by the time it becomes apparent.

Plenty of things to think about...

Jul 11, 2005
On the Road to A.G
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong

With the notion that places like Fiji and Thailand are now opening up for us and that Bali is a work in progress which I anticipate will be alleviated for when I would expect to travel, how do we feel about venturing out of the country to places like these?

Fiji for instance, small and depends if you're on an island so mass exposure is probably reduced.

Bali on the other hand has had a nightmare run with COVID but Indonesia prioritised them for vaccination and are now at about 80% double jab like we are, and case numbers are greatly reduced.

BUT BUT, if you're there for say a 11-14 day holiday, chances are if you get sick you might be back in Australia by the time it becomes apparent.

If its Delta the only way you are getting sick back in Australia is if you catch it as you leave, which gets messy because you probably have a test 72hrs out from the flight, catch it in the 24hrs before you leave, and get crook on your 2nd-5th day back in Aus.
But I expect thats going to be common place going forward with international travel.

Taylor Moss

Club Legend
Oct 1, 2021
AFL Club
GWS

Going to Bali is never something I think about.

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Juventus,

We are heading to the UK in January for 2 weeks mainly to catch up with rellies but with work being so hectic it’s probably going to be July/August before we get any meaningful holiday time away. Would definitely consider Asia but most likely head back to Europe. Also depends on redemption availability around that time aswell

Honestly, I don't want to travel overseas atm or within the next 3-5 years covid or no covid. Just my own personal situation.

If I were younger in my 20s, I would probably still go. Take all the precautions and just go- its the best time of your lives, travelling during your early-mid 20s, am so glad I got to go twice.

Taylor Moss

Club Legend
Oct 1, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
Honestly, I don't want to travel overseas atm or within the next 3-5 years covid or no covid. Just my own personal situation.

If I were younger in my 20s, I would probably still go. Take all the precautions and just go- its the best time of your lives, travelling during your early-mid 20s, am so glad I got to go twice.
If you’re childless like me it’s heaps better in your early 40’s. More cash to spend. More want to learn about the history of the places you’re visiting.

If you’re childless like me it’s heaps better in your early 40’s. More cash to spend. More want to learn about the history of the places you’re visiting.

Nah I disagree, I'm childless, I went travelling at 32 in 2012.

Didn't compare to my time working at summer camps, then going travelling afterwards when I was 21 and 23.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back