Is it time to give 35 to Nick Daicos for his career!

Remove this Banner Ad

We once gave the famous number 42 to our 1st selected draftee in honour of Darren Millane and then we moved this to the number 35 in honour of Simon Prestigiacomo’s selflessness in withdrawing from the 2010 Grand Final side due to injury but is it time to give this number to Nick Daicos for his career and no longer have this “one year” concept.

I think that it’s time.

6f3a29fdcdf8111e900fea834803384a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
We once gave the famous number 42 to our 1st selected draftee in honour of Darren Millane and then we moved this to the number 35 in honour of Peter Daicos and Simon Prestigiacomo, but is it time to give this number to Nick Daicos for life and no longer have this “one year” concept.

I think that it’s time.

I've never seen 42 given to anyone POST Pants?

Darcy Moore is doing just fine in his dad's number ( also Tarni in Gavin's number). If Nick decides to keep 35, we'll start to recognize Nick's own journey in that number.

Darcy Moore is doing just fine in his dad's number ( also Tarni in Gavin's number). If Nick decides to keep 35, we'll start to recognize Nick's own journey in that number.
Alternatively, if he doesn't want his dad's number that is completely fine - in fact even better because he's under enough pressure as is.

This is something within his own control, it's a way for him to step out of the shadow of Peter.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alternatively, if he doesn't want his dad's number that is completely fine - in fact even better because he's under enough pressure as is.

This is something within his own control, it's a way for him to step out of the shadow of Peter.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Of course
If he doesn't, that's fine. But he can certainly still make a name for himself with it, or without it.

We'll find out eventually.

We once gave the famous number 42 to our 1st selected draftee in honour of Darren Millane and then we moved this to the number 35 in honour of Peter Daicos and Simon Prestigiacomo, but is it time to give this number to Nick Daicos for life and no longer have this “one year” concept.

I think that it’s time.

[/QUOTE). Say what ? The number 42. Has NOT. been worn at Collingwood since the passing of Darren. Mum Denise , and brothers. Sean and John immediately opposed it when raised by Malthouse and backed by Balme.can you Correct and edit your post please

I think that it’s time.

I think we have to let him determine what he wants himself. I wouldn’t go breaking protocol for any player let alone a high end pick.

You don’t want them thinking they are any different to the others, you don’t want to heap expectations on them either. The best thing we can do as supporters in season is not be negative and not pump up players like Nick. The weight of expectation could crush him. Let him make his own way

I think that it’s time.

I think that it’s time.

. Say what ? The number 42 has not been worn at Collingwoodfc since the passing of Darren . Mum Denise along with brothers Sean and John immediately opposed the idea when raised by Malthouse and backed by Balme . can you correct and edit your post please

Every year.... and I've still to hear a compelling reason to change... more important things to focus on guys... Nick will get a year in 35 and then have to make another number his own... well until he moves on and someone else wears it. Just not 1, cos its last two recipients were a bust...

The answer is YES.
it’s his.
/thread

seriously, it’d be awesome to see that continuity and have the 35 strike fear into opposition supporters again, leaving them in awe.
Carlton did this with no 1 and SOS and I think it gave something to the fans.

I think we have to let him determine what he wants himself. I wouldn’t go breaking protocol for any player let alone a high end pick.

You don’t want them thinking they are any different to the others, you don’t want to heap expectations on them either. The best thing we can do as supporters in season is not be negative and not pump up players like Nick. The weight of expectation could crush him. Let him make his own way
We gave Josh the choice to take 35 despite the rotation tribute, so I can’t see why Nick would be any different. Letting the player make the decision is the correct call.

Probably unpopular, but I don’t share the angst over numbers, and couldn’t care less who has what number.

Nick Daicos also hasn’t done anything yet. The kid should not be treated any differently to our other draftees this year. The hype around him is ridiculous. We could be creating a monster. :(

Give him a number, whatever is available, and can we please drop these silly traditions over numbers? That includes Millane’s 42. They are just numbers on a jumper FFS.

I've never seen 42 given to anyone POST Pants?

The Number 42 was issued to Billy Morrison when he was our 1st Draft Selection in 2004 (at Pick 10) and the plan was to issue it to our 1st Draft Pick each year after that, like we currently do with No. 35.

This was not in line with what the Millane Family wanted for Darren’s number so it was decided it would instead be retired all together.

Yep never was it was retired until the Milane family okays it to be used again

And on the 35 if Nick wants to keep it so he should

The Number 42 was issued to Billy Morrison when he was our 1st Draft Selection in 2004 (at Pick 10) and the plan was to issue it to our 1st Draft Pick each year after that, like we currently do with No. 35.

This was not in line with what the Millane Family wanted for Darren’s number so it was decided it would instead be retired all together.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back