List Mgmt. Contracts, trades, draft - 2021 offseason edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the 2021 season is officially done and dusted.

It’s time now to fully turn our attention to the off season and what we can do through the trade period/draft to chase down Melbourne in 2022.

List and personnel changes have already been made and I’ll update this OP as and when any further changes are made.

As it stands these are our official list changes :

Out -
• Venables (R) - retired
• Vardy - retired
• Hutchings (R) - delisted
• Ah Chee (R) - delisted
• Ainsworth - delisted
• Johnson - delisted
• Collins (R) - delisted
• Brander - cluster*
• Cameron - retired/delisted not that it was officially acknowledged by the club
• Sheppard - retired

Inactive listed -
• Cole
• Chesser

In -
• Petrevski-Seton - traded for pick 52
• Chesser - Pick 14
• Hough - Pick 31
• Bazzo - Pick 37
• Williams (Jack) - Pick 57
• Clark - Pick 62
• Dixon - SSP
• Joyce - SSP
• Strnadica - SSP
• Naish - SSP

Players on main list - 37 (Including 2 inactive)
Players on rookie list - 7

Future trade picks :
In - Port Adelaide future 2nd
Out - Future 4th

Assistant Coaches :
• Out - Graham, Hickmott
• In - Schofield (Strategy and Stoppage), Knights (Midfield), Wiley (WAFL coach), Brennan (development)

Link to contract status of all players -

Last edited:
Mock from Knightmare. https://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_...**********-espn-early-two-round-phantom-draft

Has us taking Johnson, Chesser and Sam Banks.

For Dark Sharks Sheldrick goes between Chesser and Banks. Will let you enjoy finding out who to...
Probably jizz my pants for 6 weeks straight if we get Chesser at 31

That crap about Horne being the best u19 in 30 years is crap . He looked average against no names W A players . Dustin Martin followed by Petracca are the 2 that stood out to me in u19s . Petracca finally pulled his finger out .
side note . These bulls are what can turn a GF . Yeo was ours .

That crap about Horne being the best u19 in 30 years is crap . He looked average against no names W A players . Dustin Martin followed by Petracca are the 2 that stood out to me in u19s . Petracca finally pulled his finger out .
That quote was from a North recruiter. They are going to pump him up big time, they need to sell memberships.

Lol. This is in a semi final against grown men
12E2FC23-C4E4-4BE0-92EA-4B2EE41F502F.jpeg

Bloody hope not,govs got a few more years,then its barrass and Hedwards
Got plenty of tweeners too like rotham and mjohnson
If we got a kpd hope its a rookie pick like polson if he slides

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I tend to agree. Intercept marking key defender is a long way down the list of priorities.

Lockdown key defender is higher on the priority list - and much more likely later in the draft (or into the rookie draft or even SSP).

If we select a tall (other than a ruck) then I hope it is a key forward who slides to our 2nd or 3rd pick (or we trade one of those up to get said player).

Ruck in the RD (state league) or SSP.

Yeah I reckon Diacos is better than him!

Diacos had a VFL match earlier in the year for the Pies, and I recall reading he had something ridiculous like 35 and 2 goals.

Then went back to the NAB league and had 40 and 2 goals, then a quieter game of 30 and 3 goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I reckon Diacos is better than him!

Diacos had a VFL match earlier in the year for the Pies, and I recall reading he had something ridiculous like 35 and 2 goals.

Then went back to the NAB league and had 40 and 2 goals, then a quieter game of 30 and 3 goals.

But Daicos can't be marketed as 'The first Nth Melbourne #1 pick'

Looks very doubtful that the roos make the pies pay full/fair price there.

Norf would be better to bid on daicos first and let him have all the pressure instead of horne-francis like Adelaide did last year with Ugle-Hagen
And like Melbourne did with Nic Naitanui:cool:

Johnson - balanced mid.
Chesser - attacking HB / wingman.
Banks - attacking HB / wingman.

That trio would deliver sublime footskills, lots of run and carry and all three are great leaders.

Would be a really good draft haul ......... to good to be true.

Looking at who else was there I would prefer.

Johnson 12
Sheldrick at 31
Banks 37

Chesser and Banks are very similar types.

Horne-Francis is listed at 183cm on Cal Twomeys' most recent draft rankings, anyone reckon he looks a lot bigger than that? Do socks pulled up a bit make people look taller or something?

He also looks heavier than 77kgs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back