Strength Weight Training: Anything and Everything II

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh i can train on an empty stomach and even some days after doing some physical stuff but a full day landscaping on a shovel and barrow... No idea how the body holds up. Maybe when i was 18
For me it depends on how long I am training for.

Sure I could do an intense 30-45 mins, then game over.

Given my training goes for almost 1.5 to 2hrs, I need something in my system.

So, Big Ramy (Mamdouh Elssbiay) won the Olympia again. Winklaar was f'kn smooooth AF. Who remembers when top bodybuilders had to be ripped to place high?

Who remembers when everyone wasn’t competing for second place against Chris Bumstead as well?

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
So, Big Ramy (Mamdouh Elssbiay) won the Olympia again. Winklaar was f'kn smooooth AF. Who remembers when top bodybuilders had to be ripped to place high?

Ramy's an absolute monster

Though I kinda wonder if he had an advantage on the rest of the field with just a 9 and a half month turnaround, since last years Olympia was at Xmas time. Though he's definitely one of the biggest units going around these days.

I think since Yates dominated, size seems to be the main thing, less aesthetics.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
IMG-20211013-WA0011.jpeg

Nice to do some incline work in this rack too and find the right adjustment heights

Hypertrophy day today

Went at close to 100% last week building up to 1RMs, so just wanted to get in the volume today

For flat bench, warmed up at a set of 15 at 60kg then did a set of 10 at 90kg, then did 3x8 at 100kg, just my 2nd set I had a little bit of a sticky point on my last rep due to fatigue, so made sure I had a longer rest period for my last set which helped, but all in all, pretty happy with the rep numbers. Will try and work to sets of 10 at 100 over spring/summer and try and work up to sets of 8 at 110 instead of staying in the 3-6 zone there, consistent 6-8s would be progress I guess.

Started at 60kg for 10 for incline, then went up to 90kg, but only got in 5 as I started to use up a few petrol tickets by then, so dropped down to 80, got in 2x8 then did a dropset for my final set, set of 6 at 80 then another 6 at 60. Got out the high pulley for some 20kg tricep extensions and some 15kg db close grip incline press burnouts for inner chest/triceps and I was done.

Will probably do similar next week, then if I feel good the week after will see how my rep ranges are at 110 and 120 again.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Doing back on National Chest Day.

It was as if I parted the seas. Every piece of equipment I needed was there just waiting for me to be used.

I might be onto something here. :drunk:
About time floggo

Yeah, I decided to do cardio yesterday and trained back today instead, though I still had pretty big leg doms from pushing legs back to Saturday, so probably was a necessity yesterday as an active recovery

Yeah starting to get over this high pulley, it has been a good makeshift option for back/triceps, but setting it up and me being a big fat lump getting up/sitting down on the ground after most sets of pulldowns is starting to annoy me, particularly tonight when I was suffering from Tuesdayitis :(

I'll still use it though once I get the lat attachment whenever I superset arms/triceps or something, so not a total waste, bit like my bands set, it's been a progression, shitty Rebel sport bands>>>commercial grade bands>>>high cable pulley>>>power rack lat attachment

Next cable upgrade I'll probably get a stackweight commercial functional trainer or something

About time floggo

Yeah, I decided to do cardio yesterday and trained back today instead, though I still had pretty big leg doms from pushing legs back to Saturday, so probably was a necessity yesterday as an active recovery

Yeah starting to get over this high pulley, it has been a good makeshift option for back/triceps, but setting it up and me being a big fat lump getting up/sitting down on the ground after most sets of pulldowns is starting to annoy me, particularly tonight when I was suffering from Tuesdayitis :(

I'll still use it though once I get the lat attachment whenever I superset arms/triceps or something, so not a total waste, bit like my bands set, it's been a progression, shitty Rebel sport bands>>>commercial grade bands>>>high cable pulley>>>power rack lat attachment

Next cable upgrade I'll probably get a stackweight commercial functional trainer or something
Love your feedback and advice on here. :thumbsu:

I find the banter adds to the thread to be honest. Keeps it pumping along.

I do a lot of research and try and understand as much as I can about weights and I can obviously tell you know your crap and what you are talking.

As I said before the biggest game changer you gave to me was to do legs on Monday. :drunk:

If I didnt do legs on Sunday, I would just skip and do Chest on Mondays. Its something I actually never learned from youtube, but what you say makes sense if you do a PUSH PULL LEGS split.

It doesnt happen often that I fail to do 2 cycles a week but sometimes it does.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
7, 6 and 5 at 110kg tonight

Not bad, I think it's a total rep record for me at that weight across 3 sets, normally 6, 5, 4 or 5, 4, 5 or something is a common trend for me at 3 sets at that weight

Definitely seeing some slight improvements since my 1RMs week 2 weeks ago, hopefully a base to build around for summer once I go more hypertrophy more 8-12 rep sets of everything

I think I'm a little right pec dominant at the moment though, so will hit the dumbbells next week to try and balance it out a bit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Are these deadlift bars common in gyms?

1109-trap-bar-deadlift-lean-muscular.jpg
Stock standard commercial gyms, not really, depends on the size of them. Derrimut has 1 old one that only has 1 pair of handles, not the raised handles

Powerlifting/strength gyms yes, maybe some crossfit gyms might too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back