Strategy 2022 Planning Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop getting our hopes up with all these rookie kents.

This is the time of the year for melting that there won't be any and we all have to go full MPM.
What's there to melt about?

Coleman, Lipinski, Hewett, Milera, Caldwell, Brodie, Lynch, Kreuger, Rowell, Cerra, and Sicily will all be premos by the end of next season 🥳

Stop getting our hopes up with all these rookie kents.

This is the time of the year for melting that there won't be any and we all have to go full MPM.

At least one pundit is predicting that Nicky D will play 20 games in 2022.

After playing naff all games in the past two years, that would be something.

But apparently, his brother Josh and he have been burning up the Tan. I guess it's possible that these guys could have built up their fitness without playing a lot of games - though there is no substitute for match fitness, as they say.

After going full-scale MPM this year and having to burn trades making adjustments, I am restricting myself to a couple of likely mid pricers next year and depending on rooks - so no doubt what I predicted for this year will actually happen next year. It's always the way

But apparently, his brother Josh and he have been burning up the Tan. I guess it's possible that these guys could have built up their fitness without playing a lot of games - though there is no substitute for match fitness, as they say.

After going full-scale MPM this year and having to burn trades making adjustments, I am restricting myself to a couple of likely mid pricers next year and depending on rooks - so no doubt what I predicted for this year will actually happen next year. It's always the way
MPM has two main drawbacks imo - firstly selecting the right ones is bloody tough, it's never the obvious ones that "breakout" (Cumming, Dale, Hind this year). Secondly and more important it's hard to jump off at the right time.

Imagine most of the kids would of been flat out running and doing gym work at least.
Can’t imagine the Daicos family wouldn’t have a home gym of some capacity, young bloke probably lived in there.

Imagine most of the kids would of been flat out running and doing gym work at least.
Can’t imagine the Daicos family wouldn’t have a home gym of some capacity, young bloke probably lived in there.

I think the other thing to consider is that if you’re not playing you’re not getting all the niggles etc associated with playing that can limit the amount of work you can put in week to week.

Ive been having a discussion on another thread in regards to which players in the past have averaged 25 touches and kicked 2 goals a game over a season.
Turns out we can only find 2 players who have ever done it. Kevin Bartlett and Leigh Mathews.
Mathews did it 3 times with the record for a year being 27.4 touches and 3.8 goals a game. Probably 160 SC average.
Then I stumbled on this this morning
View attachment 1265484
250sc easily.
For a total thug Jesus he could footy.
11 goals from the midfield.
Plus broke Barry Robran and a point post on the way to the 250+ (ok, maybe it wasnt the same game)
Only problem was he'd be out suspended for a month after a 250pt game and you'd need to trade him out. Then back in for another 200, then out...

Overrated i say :thumbsu:

Wouldnt mind Rob Harvey's constant 150+pt games in the 90's, and pocket the trades for trading Plugga and Diesel in and out with suspensions.

Last edited:
No way i'm buying Dawson. A pox on his house.
Was always an overrated primadonna.

Def's rule. I might go full gull squad. Mighty Gull should be cheaper...but is he washed up and on the decline ? :oops:

No Gawndy for me. They can GAGFed. Could be tough to pick between Lynch Strachan Hayes.

No 200K top 3 picks. I'll wait for Rnd 3 to pick one up if needed. Cant see a Rowell amongst this lot.

No way i'm buying Dawson. A pox on his house.
Was always an overrated primadonna.

Def's rule. I might go full gull squad. Mighty Gull should be cheaper...but is he washed up and on the decline ? :oops:

No Gawndy for me. They can GAGFed. Could be tough to pick between Lynch Strachan Hayes.

No 200K top 3 picks. I'll wait for Rnd 3 to pick one up if needed. Cant see a Rowell amongst this lot.
Daicos legit had Rowell level stats in the NAB league and will play on ball for collingwood. Horne dominated in the SANFL and will play for sure and likely get dpp. The two of them are locks.

Daicos legit had Rowell level stats in the NAB league and will play on ball for collingwood. Horne dominated in the SANFL and will play for sure and likely get dpp. The two of them are locks.
We hear that every year with the top picks. Phillips last yr had Rowellesque raps on him. Will be a number of 117-135K mid rooks that start strong.
At best 1 of Nick Dayoff and Horny for me. Maybe Horne in fwds.

We hear that every year with the top picks. Phillips last yr had Rowellesque raps on him. Will be a number of 117-135K mid rooks that start strong.
At best 1 of Nick Dayoff and Horny for me.
Horne is a generational talent, we all know that, any other year and Daicos is the clear number 1. Both are ready made mids who'll get good on ball time in bottom 4 teams. I'm confident enough to say that Daicos will average 80+ and Horne 70+ which is fine as he should have dpp

Horne is a generational talent, we all know that, any other year and Daicos is the clear number 1. Both are ready made mids who'll get good on ball time in bottom 4 teams. I'm confident enough to say that Daicos will average 80+ and Horne 70+ which is fine as he should have dpp
Maybe, but we've seen so many rookie "locks" disappoint to pay >$200K for two in one yr. Rarely works out well. Not saying i wont buy, just wouldnt start both on the standard preseason "gun" rhetoric.
There will also be absolute gun rooks around 117-145K.

PMBangers Bastyy

You guys are draft watchers yeah?

What sort of output would you expect from Horne and Daicos next year?

We talking about 20 and 1?
I'd say injury permitting both will play close to 100% of the games they can, JHF will probably be injected into that midfield rotation pretty quickly and heavily and Daicos should get some time in there as well.

In terms of Supercoach I'd expect Daicos to be more consistent because his accumulation is more consistent and he generally hits the scoreboard a bit more often, but JHF is going to be one of those guys capable of pulling out a ridiculous score every two or so weeks*

*not this is coming from me who consistently finishes bottom 5% in supercoach

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam Walsh and Tom Green will both win brownlows in the next 5 yrs.
Green to be a 3rd yr breakout priced at only 80ish avge. GWS #1 mid by years end. Will consider at M6 as a MPM punt. Stud. No more Jelly for me.

I'd say injury permitting both will play close to 100% of the games they can, JHF will probably be injected into that midfield rotation pretty quickly and heavily and Daicos should get some time in there as well.

In terms of Supercoach I'd expect Daicos to be more consistent because his accumulation is more consistent and he generally hits the scoreboard a bit more often, but JHF is going to be one of those guys capable of pulling out a ridiculous score every two or so weeks*

*not this is coming from me who consistently finishes bottom 5% in supercoach
Thanks dude, you should come join us :)

Thanks dude, you should come join us :)
I'd rather twist a letter opener in my urethra

Although that's not a bad thing in some peoples minds

At best 1 of Nick Dayoff and Horny for me. Maybe Horne in fwds.
A bloke on the North board does his rankings in tiers
These players whould be in the window as discounted rookies.
It all comes down to which club they end up at. If there is a spot in the best 22.
1634947007500.png

A bloke on the North board does his rankings in tiers
These players whould be in the window as discounted rookies.
It all comes down to which club they end up at. If there is a spot in the best 22.
View attachment 1266219

Aren’t Rachele, Ward, Hobb and Amiss supposed to be going top 10?

Who's Wanganeen-Milera?

I want him
SA bloke. very good prospect. Probably a bit skinny to be playing next year.
But he has had an U18 year which should make him better than the Vic kids.
HBF/wing at a guess.
Great kick

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back