News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha so it probably sounds a bit pathetic to most people and not a big deal, but I finally (FINALLY!) made my GP appointment today to discuss my needle phobia and try to find a process for me to get the vaccine. And even that conversation made me feel nauseated afterwards! Honestly, I know it's ridiculous but it feels like a pretty significant step to me.

Haha so it probably sounds a bit pathetic to most people and not a big deal, but I finally (FINALLY!) made my GP appointment today to discuss my needle phobia and try to find a process for me to get the vaccine. And even that conversation made me feel nauseated afterwards! Honestly, I know it's ridiculous but it feels like a pretty significant step to me.
Or you can dress like this from now on....
710raNZTXqL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

How naïve.

The vast majority hides the fact that the amount ending up in hospital overwhelms the hospital system.

If a million people catch it, and 1% end up in hospital then:

View attachment 1265507
We end up with 2000 people needing ICU above and beyond what would have been needed pre-covid. And that is assuming that the infection rate starts to decrease, which it won't, as the UK are currently experiencing.

How many COVID cases can Victoria handle before its hospitals' ICU capacity is overrun? - ABC News

Same article and this stuck out…
43BB4E99-E134-4C5A-9FDD-92EB6F7F2FD7.jpeg

Enjoy your first Saturday out my Melbourne friends and next weekend will only be better!

Thanks for all your support over this thread.

It’s not over yet but at least we are at the end of the tunnel.

And we’re a day closer to live footy in 2022.

Buy that membership

how do you go with tetinus boosters (which iam prolly due again) and Hep A,B Twinrix? IMO they are a lot worse actually getting the jab than either of the Covid shots i got?

a mental aversion to the physical aspect of a vaccination i can only assume is not unlike the phobias people get regarding dentists chairs?

Last edited:
Or you can dress like this from now on....
710raNZTXqL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
*, I feel like this is probably a good joke but I don't get it.

how do you go with tetinus boosters (which iam prolly due again) and Hep A,B Twinrix? IMO they are a lot worse actually getting the jab than either of the Covid shots i got?

a mental aversion to the physical aspect of a vaccination i can only assume is not unlike the phobias people get regarding dentists chairs?
Fortunately I've not been in a position where i need a tetanus shot since i had the boosters when I was a kid, which I'm pretty sure contributed to what I experience with needles now because I had a couple of horrific experiences. But mate, I tell you what, it results in serious hypochondria and anxiety when I even get the smallest of cuts because I go full panic mode if I think there's a possibility I'll have to get a needle. It's like, even when i play footy the reason why I'm scared I'll get a serious injury is not the injury itself but the thought of what would have to happen if i did get one. It's that bad.

I'm one of those that to this point in my life has relied a lot on the herd immunity aspect of vaccinations, which hopefully I'm now on the path to changing.

Can he like actually F off like just fking leave them alone, people don’t need to be harassed trying to enjoy being out of lockdown. This actually boils my blood

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last tetanus booster I got was barely felt. Long way from the shots when I was younger.

Can he like actually F off like just fking leave them alone, people don’t need to be harassed trying to enjoy being out of lockdown. This actually boils my blood

What happened prior to that?

Because it seems as though the woman was yelling at the Avi from the outset of the video.

As though the conversation was instigated by her. If you don't wanna be filmed and don't want to talk....don't yell out s**t.

Because it seems as though the woman was yelling at the Avi from the outset of the video.

As though the conversation was instigated by her. If you don't wanna be filmed and don't want to talk....don't yell out sh*t.
Bad take. It’s so clear that she didn’t want to be interviewed but he kept persisting making her more angry when she is trying to enjoy her night

mate she didn’t want to be interviewed, end of, he should have turned away and tried to find someone else but instead he instigated by standing their holding the microphone at her. you can even hear the other patrons telling him to go away.

you don’t get that kind of reaction out of someone unless you’ve done something to them to make them act that way.

As though the conversation was instigated by her. If you don't wanna be filmed and don't want to talk....don't yell out sh*t.
If you are told to piss off because they want to enjoy themselves....

You * off and leave them.

The guy is a *******. Good on them.

You get one chance if you invade my grid-square.

After that the gloves are off and you get told to * right off before I get really angry.

Your persistant attempt to be a social media whore is an invalid excuse to be a campaigner.

Bad take. It’s so clear that she didn’t want to be interviewed but he kept persisting making her more angry when she is trying to enjoy her night

mate she didn’t want to be interviewed, end of, he should have turned away and tried to find someone else but instead he instigated by standing their holding the microphone at her. you can even hear the other patrons telling him to go away.

you don’t get that kind of reaction out of someone unless you’ve done something to them to make them act that way.
Pity they didn't shove his camera up his clacker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back