Alec Baldwin discharged prop gun that killed woman on movie set

Remove this Banner Ad

will be interesting to see what comes from this, something has to go pretty wrong if the set is being run properly for this to happen
Not the first, wont be the last.

I feel truly bad for the woman who died and the bloke who was seriously injured, but Baldwin's a flog. Would routinely troll the s**t out of gun loving Republicans, I cant remember the name of the bloke but he gave s**t to one harshly for accidentally shooting another bloke whilst hunting. And now he's accidentally killed someone in the same manner.

Just a terrible, terrible accident really. It's not Baldwin's fault and saying it's karma for his political views is the biggest load of obnoxious shite I've ever read on bigfooty. The police are investigating and I'd say the prop master has a lot of questions to answer as to why this happened. I really feel for the families involved. From what I've seen in the media Baldwin is absolutely beside himself with grief.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a terrible, terrible accident really. It's not Baldwin's fault and saying it's karma for his political views is the biggest load of obnoxious sh*te I've ever read on bigfooty. The police are investigating and I'd say the prop master has a lot of questions to answer as to why this happened. I really feel for the families involved. From what I've seen in the media Baldwin is absolutely beside himself with grief.
Yes already stories coming out of it being an unsafe set, crew walking out and previous misfire.

As a producer Baldwin is part of that problem along with the Director, enough to this story without laughing in Republican

I feel truly bad for the woman who died and the bloke who was seriously injured, but Baldwin's a flog. Would routinely troll the sh*t out of gun loving Republicans, I cant remember the name of the bloke but he gave sh*t to one harshly for accidentally shooting another bloke whilst hunting. And now he's accidentally killed someone in the same manner.

Except for the part where it's not really the same manner

I feel truly bad for the woman who died and the bloke who was seriously injured, but Baldwin's a flog. Would routinely troll the sh*t out of gun loving Republicans, I cant remember the name of the bloke but he gave sh*t to one harshly for accidentally shooting another bloke whilst hunting. And now he's accidentally killed someone in the same manner.
Did you cry when he made fun of your god emperor?

The only way this happens is if a lot of people f’ed up and didn't follow proper OH&S. There's going to be a lot of finger pointing over the next few weeks/months.
Someone really ****ed up and should rightly cop it , the investigation should be interesting you would had thought there would be tighter regulations in place since Brandon’s death

From CNN:

A search warrant issued by the Santa Fe County Sheriff's Office... revealed that Baldwin was handed one of three prop guns by assistant director David Halls that were set up in a cart by an armorer. According to the Los Angeles Times and other media outlets, several crew members quit the production due to concerns over conditions and safety issues -- including gun safety procedures -- and Covid protocols not being followed before the shooting.

Lawsuits to follow. For the mother of all on-set movie tragedies, read the book 'Outrageous Conduct' about the negligence by John Landis and others that caused the death of actor Vic Morrow and two children during filming of 'The Twilight Zone: The Movie'. The title of the book was spot-on; the conduct was outrageously cavalier and irresponsible.

Blanks can be dangerous too if you're too close to the gun when it fires. Saw on Twitter today the production company is claiming they had no complaints from the set about unsafe conditions from anyone in response to allegations the crew staged a walk-out over guns misfiring. There seems to be a lot to unravel here and the cops are the best ppl to do it IMO.

Even if only loaded with blanks (which it appears it wasn't) I don't know why anyone who was going to use a firearm for anything, doesn't personally prove it's state to themselves first.

I was in the Navy for 10 years, if we were using a firearm, it was our personally responsibility to check what the condition of our firearm was and to verify it with someone else when handing it over or returning it.

I worked as an armourer in a prison for a couple of years, I would always prove that the firearm was unloaded before handing it over to someone else and they had to do the same when returning it to me. When doing our requalification shoots, we would practice jamming procedures with blanks loaded in the weapon, we would at all times treat it as if it were live ammunition.

Even if only loaded with blanks (which it appears it wasn't) I don't know why anyone who was going to use a firearm for anything, doesn't personally prove it's state to themselves first.
From what I've read about it since this happened, a movie set is supposed to have an armory officer who takes care of the guns and the normal process is that the actors are trained before the shoot to handle the guns, and when a gun is given to an actor to use in a scene the armory officer first shows the actor it is unloaded and then loads the blanks into the gun before giving it to the actor. They have a whole set procedure they're supposed t follow.

Now, if there was negligence on the set and procedures weren't followed as they're supposed to be according to law, then some people could be going to jail for involuntary manslaughter as it is in the USA.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back