Coach Is Easton Wood the next Western Bulldogs Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Besides the really silly suggestion that Bevo should go if he doesn't snag a premiership soon I just don't think Easton is made for senior coach. I think he would be better suited in admin/board role.

As a coach you need to have a personality that people from all walks of like can connect with and want to follow. In the two years he was captain I felt like the leadership at the club wained. Easton is a straighty 180 kinda guy. He doesn't have the flexibility in his character to connect with the rat pack and the astute tick every box professionals. As an example someone like The Bont has great relationship with Libba and Baz but can also hold a good relationship with Dunkley and Trealor. This is not dispariging or downplaying the amazing servant he has been at the club.

Besides the really silly suggestion that Bevo should go if he doesn't snag a premiership soon I just don't think Easton is made for senior coach. I think he would be better suited in admin/board role.

As a coach you need to have a personality that people from all walks of like can connect with and want to follow. In the two years he was captain I felt like the leadership at the club wained. Easton is a straighty 180 kinda guy. He doesn't have the flexibility in his character to connect with the rat pack and the astute tick every box professionals. As an example someone like The Bont has great relationship with Libba and Baz but can also hold a good relationship with Dunkley and Trealor. This is not dispariging or downplaying the amazing servant he has been at the club.
I think you wouldn't have a clue. And yes, it is disparaging to a great guy, who led our 2016 premiership and goes out in exactly the selfless manner in which he played and led the club.

Lot of interesting GIF's going on in reply to my post - but now Easton Wood retired yesterday as a player (well done my favourite premiership captain Easton) - I will give you a sneak preview to my next post

Brian Lake, Mason Cox and Three Premierships - You don't have to be Einstein to work out where this is going

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back