Mod. Notice Competitions: READ BEFORE POSTING A COMPETITION

Remove this Banner Ad

May 25, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
New idea (much better than the logo idea 😂😂): What if the AFL was a truly national comp?

The league would begin in 1987 (the same year the Eagles and Bears joined the VFL)
There would be 18 teams, like what we have in the AFL today.

They would be:
Brisbane Breakers
Cairns Titans
Canberra Capitals
East Fremantle Sharks (pre existing in the WAFL)
Geelong Cats (pre existing in the VFL)
Gold Coast Power
Melbourne Demons (pre existing in the VFL
Newcastle Stars
Northern Thunder
Norwood Reds (pre existing in the SANFL as the Redlegs)
Perth Devils (pre existing in the WAFL as the Demons)
Port Adelaide Magpies (pre existing in the SANFL)
Sturt Blues (pre existing in the SANFL as the Double Blues)
Subiaco Lions (pre existing in the WAFL)
Sydney Swans (pre existing in the VFL)
Tasmania Tigers
Waverly Wolves
Western Sydney Warriors (if the name sounds familiar to the A-league's Western Sydney Wanderers just remember this all would've happened long before the A-league)

It would be a weekly comp where you would design a home, away, clash and heritage for the chosen team, it would then go to vote. The winner would select the the team for the next week.

let me know if you'd be on board or if you have any suggestions.
I like the idea. Its pretty much already been done though. If you search 'What if Wednesday' you will see some of those teams in some sort of vairation or another plus plenty of others!

I wanted to suggest a FJGD Euro 2020 Comp but I've had this idea for a while and thought I'd chuck my hat into the ring one more time

Fictional-Super-Cup.png

With the collapse of the Super League, televisions creative minds formed a league of their own containing fictional sports teams from cartoons and films. An amalgamation of random codes to all compete under one code. The world game. Because why not, it's TV!

TEAM LIST

• Sussexton-Hamptonshire-Unleath FC (The Simpsons) - Football
  • SCLSU Mud Dogs (Waterboy) - Gridiron
  • Flint Tropics (Semi-Pro) - Basketball
  • Tune Squad (Space Jam 2) - Basketball
  • London Silly Nannies (Family Guy) - Gridiron
  • Average Joes (Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story) - Dodgeball
  • Team Gryffindor (Harry Potter) - Quidditch
  • Team Shaolin (Shaolin Soccer) - Football

With a reduced roster, anyone can have a crack at grabbing a team and won't drag on. Your job is to give them a Home and Away jersey to compete in. The jerseys will be in 2 separate images. You win a poll, that's your team. Once we have 8 teams with 8 owners, the cup will commence. Following the Champions League format, each game will have 2 legs, and each side's respective Home and Away jerseys will be used for each leg.
Specific rules to follow

TheDoctor11

Premiership Player
Sep 14, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LA Lakers
Would people be interested in a Cross Code Combination revival? For those unfamiliar, it was a comp where you would take an AFL team and design a mash-up kit with a non-Aussie Rules team, with a link between the two. For example, you could have a link between Adelaide and the Baltimore Ravens both having corvid based mascots. It'd be a weekly/fortnightly run comp, which since So You Think We Won't Clash has ended, we don't have any running at the moment. I'm hoping this would fill that void, and help complement some of the 'league-style' comps running.

Thoughts?

May 25, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Would people be interested in a Cross Code Combination revival? For those unfamiliar, it was a comp where you would take an AFL team and design a mash-up kit with a non-Aussie Rules team, with a link between the two. For example, you could have a link between Adelaide and the Baltimore Ravens both having corvid based mascots. It'd be a weekly/fortnightly run comp, which since So You Think We Won't Clash has ended, we don't have any running at the moment. I'm hoping this would fill that void, and help complement some of the 'league-style' comps running.

Thoughts?
There was a comp like this run years ago on the board but I do like the idea. I think enough time has passed and there would be very few on the board now who participated in the comp back then.

TheDoctor11

Premiership Player
Sep 14, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LA Lakers
There was a comp like this run years ago on the board but I do like the idea. I think enough time has passed and there would be very few on the board now who participated in the comp back then.

I think it'd be roughly around a decade ago now. I think enough time has passed for a revival, haha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

6 months without a weekly comp

Ladies, gentlemen, attack helicopters
I present to you...

Pimp-My-Preseason.png

Each club will get a special pre-season jumper inspired by 90's designs when the footy world transitioned from wool to polyester

Cast your mind back 25 years and envision all 18 clubs sporting a new jumper with that intoxicating 90's vibe
Yes. Imagine Gold Coast & GWS rocking a Puma inspired pre-season kit which could be worth tons in today's market
Rewrite history, create something worth cult status, Barcode 2.0 perhaps, it's in your hands!​

Jun 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers

I present to you...

View attachment 1312242

Each club will get a special pre-season jumper inspired by 90's designs when the footy world transitioned from wool to polyester

Cast your mind back 25 years and envision all 18 clubs sporting a new jumper with that intoxicating 90's vibe
Yes. Imagine Gold Coast & GWS rocking a Puma inspired pre-season kit which could be worth tons in today's market
Rewrite history, create something worth cult status, Barcode 2.0 perhaps, it's in your hands!​
Finally a comp for Fitzroy fans!

I present to you...

View attachment 1312242

1 more like to go! You love to still see that undying love for weekly comps

ITS TIME TO BRING BACK THE VFA BABY!!!!!!!

My idea is a weekly competition where every week we bring back a former vfa club (one that isnt in todays afl or vfl). There would be maybe 20 teams and the polls would be every sunday (the vfa played on sundays)
Something similar was done a few years back except the VFA teams that were done had real proposals to enter the VFL or merge with someone. I'm down, it'll be like a "What If Wednesdays" spin-off

Swooping_Magpie

it's swooping season
May 16, 2021
melbun
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
liverpool cheifs victory gators celtics
Something similar was done a few years back except the VFA teams that were done had real proposals to enter the VFL or merge with someone. I'm down, it'll be like a "What If Wednesdays" spin-off
yeah ive seen a lot of the what if wednesdays, defo a bit of a spin off

Swooping_Magpie

it's swooping season
May 16, 2021
melbun
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
liverpool cheifs victory gators celtics
ITS TIME TO BRING BACK THE VFA BABY!!!!!!!

My idea is a weekly competition where every week we bring back a former vfa club (one that isnt in todays afl or vfl). There would be maybe 20 teams and the polls would be every sunday (the vfa played on sundays)
btw i need a name for this comp if anyone has any suggestions please tell me

Remove this Banner Ad

Back