Racing WS Cox Plate 2021 - dedicated raceday thread

Remove this Banner Ad

VE ran to her mark for mine. Good horse but no champion and beat home all bar the raider and new star on the scene. Don’t think she went all that much better in the Autumn tbh

Protest could have gone either way for mine and I would have shrugged it off as fair enough. Moe probably wins without the contact but don’t really want to see ones with minimal contact upheld in cox plates

a93fa782ce717039934e35d0091ecfd3.jpg

So I just collected in the above but have I absolutely ****ed my self by not doing it in a normal first four lol? Not even sure why I did it in a multi instead of the exotic lol.

VE ran to her mark for mine. Good horse but no champion and beat home all bar the raider and new star on the scene. Don’t think she went all that much better in the Autumn tbh

Protest could have gone either way for mine and I would have shrugged it off as fair enough. Moe probably wins without the contact but don’t really want to see ones with minimal contact upheld in cox plates

Fair point VE regards autumn, never thought of it that way but definitely agree. Saying that her CC was outstanding genuinely great win. Although wet 2400m 1 year younger were all positives where she's gone backwards but shouldn't downplay where she was at her best.

Moe has claims on 2nd best horse in the country over 1200m+, Hope he can hold progression to the Autumn which might be possible given the late foal/2000m+

Might be time on VE career
Caul Cup her best

Fair point VE regards autumn, never thought of it that way but definitely agree. Saying that her CC was outstanding genuinely great win. Although wet 2400m 1 year younger were all positives where she's gone backwards but shouldn't downplay where she was at her best.

Moe has claims on 2nd best horse in the country over 1200m+, Hope he can hold progression to the Autumn which might be possible given the late foal/2000m+
Moe huge
Backed him Guineas but didn’t like at all today

has won me over
Really hope they continue racing it rather than retiring

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poor old Verry Ellegant’s reputation seems to take a hit with every start. Swap her runs with the first two across the line and she’d likely have a Cox Plate next to her Caulfield Cup and 8 other group 1’s. That’s despite the fact she does look past her peak and in need of a trip now.

If she isn’t that good it’s awfully hard to get excited about the two that beat her home.

Probably a false start because Pike would have butchered it anyway
The day gets better just got back to the pub to catch the first leg at Ascot.
Epic melts when Pikey egged it.
Heap of pissed crew cheering on mysteries but they get serious when Pikey's on.
My fave is the beer garden.
20211023_154154.jpg

That's pretty much peak carbery. 3wnc winner trails it gets beat half length.

Winner goes OK though, didn't think it would turn up 1200m dry track. I was on in it's only career defeat off a nice trial.

The day gets better just got back to the pub to catch the first leg at Ascot.
Epic melts when Pikey egged it.
Heap of pissed crew cheering on mysteries but they get serious when Pikey's on.
My fave is the beer garden.
View attachment 1266481

And another one for the Pike chasers in that race lol

🥃 time for the pub lol

That's pretty much peak carbery. 3wnc winner trails it gets beat half length.

Winner goes OK though, didn't think it would turn up 1200m dry track. I was on in it's only career defeat off a nice trial.

Parnham is just a good jock rarely rides a shocker. He’s usually my “when in doubt back him” bet

Remove this Banner Ad

Back