Bumped Random Chat - I want BBQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne

sh*t news outlet, I get it but how f’ed is this?

I've been pro choice on peoples ideas on the vax and think the lockdowns have been extreme but it's f’ed that people like this are trying to cash in on the issue. It's people like this that are trying to get people scarred of the vaccine turned to the extreme right

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

It is insane dog whistling. Imagine comparing Australia to a *ing dictatorship.

It is insane dog whistling. Imagine comparing Australia to a f*n dictatorship.
Yeah its these *heads trying to cash in on people

It's ****ed up

Sep 20, 2005
Hell
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
For a couple of days the conspiracy gang overseas were saying Gladys Binchicken lost her job because Covid vaccine companies had bribed her or some s**t. Can say nearly anything you want, those that Do Their Own Research don't actually tend to do any research.

For a couple of days the conspiracy gang overseas were saying Gladys Binchicken lost her job because Covid vaccine companies had bribed her or some sh*t. Can say nearly anything you want, those that Do Their Own Research don't actually tend to do any research.
I am sure that a large % of these people running these sites don't actually believe in the s**t they are sprouting. They are just saying it to garner interest and a following so that they don't have to get a real job as they can monetize this

I got prescription reading glasses today. Should have gotten on this years ago. Miraculous! I can read books and Bigfooty again! Plus I can look super intellectual when I’m in the mood. Yay glasses
I did the same a couple of years ago. I don’t need them for everyday activities but reasoned ‘why have a HD TV and watch it in standard definition?’

For a couple of days the conspiracy gang overseas were saying Gladys Binchicken lost her job because Covid vaccine companies had bribed her or some sh*t. Can say nearly anything you want, those that Do Their Own Research don't actually tend to do any research.

It's really just that the 'research' they are talking about is watching some dodgy youtuber who regurgitates conspiracy theories while trying to sell you overpriced protein shakes.

I am sure that a large % of these people running these sites don't actually believe in the sh*t they are sprouting. They are just saying it to garner interest and a following so that they don't have to get a real job as they can monetize this

I've heard so many stories about political commentators who make a profession out of screaming into a microphone and convincing their audience that the world is ending because some evil secret society then turning into completely straight-laced business-minded professionals the moment the cameras are off.

All an act.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Anybody cooked any good BBQ lately or planning to this weekend? #IWantBBQ
Not really. I did make some spaghetti if that helps

9E4F4779-0E58-472D-A8A7-82B9967310D6.jpeg

Anybody cooked any good BBQ lately or planning to this weekend? #IWantBBQ
I'm doing burgers today

I have a recipe that is a replica of Shake Shack (imo best burgers in the world)

Mince the patties myself which is a 50:25:25 blend of brisket, porterhouse & chuck

How good is Shake Shack?

For all the American chains that is the one I wish we had here

And maybe Applebys

Last edited:

pjfairbairn

AFL Premiership Supporter, 2021
Feb 21, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
I'm currently doing a monthly burger thing with a buddy here in Brisbane. He picks the places based on what is popular and we order their 'signature' burger with no alterations, and fries. Each mark the burger out of 10, and fries out of 5, and then add our scores together. Price, service, ambience etc has no bearing on rating. Been a lot of fun, 3 more to go (including one tomorrow) before we crown our winner

I'm currently doing a monthly burger thing with a buddy here in Brisbane. He picks the places based on what is popular and we order their 'signature' burger with no alterations, and fries. Each mark the burger out of 10, and fries out of 5, and then add our scores together. Price, service, ambience etc has no bearing on rating. Been a lot of fun, 3 more to go (including one tomorrow) before we crown our winner

Nice one.

A few years back my wife I did that through Melbourne, good times

From memory there is a good one in Fortitude Valley

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne

Nice one.

A few years back my wife I did that through Melbourne, good times

From memory there is a good one in Fortitude Valley

When I was house sharing with mates we went through all the local takeaways in Sunshine to find the best places for pizza, burgers, fish and chips etc. Honestly the more you paid the worse a lot of the food was.

When I was house sharing with mates we went through all the local takeaways in Sunshine to find the best places for pizza, burgers, fish and chips etc. Honestly the more you paid the worse a lot of the food was.
Sunshine the suburb?

Yeah mate. Not a bad place honestly.
Mate I grew up in Sunshine, moved out when I was 19 so I am very aware of the area

Plenty of fond memories living there. Found a random fish and chips shop on Monash St that to this day still had the best fish and chips I've ever had.
Between what years did you live there?

I lived in North Sunshine, pretty much behind the tafe on Ballarat road for about 15 years.

I have mixed feelings about my thoughts on and growing up in Sunshine tbh.

A big part of me appreciates it as it taught me street smarts and I lived there threw the heroin epidemic in the late 90's early 00's. As far as Australian/Melbourne lifestyle goes in my teenage years I saw some bad ******* things. That's not to say I'm some sick campaigner at all, which I not, more just how crazy things there was. I only appreciate how violitile Sunshine and Footscray was as a kid now I'm older and have moved down the road

The other part of me is spun out at how much house prices have increased over recent years with the areas underbelly (but to be fair this may me being disassociated with the area and changing demographics)

Schmutt the fact you have lived in the heart of the western suburbs has increased my opinion of you.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Between what years did you live there?

I lived in North Sunshine, pretty much behind the tafe on Ballarat road for about 15 years.

I have mixed feelings about my thoughts on and growing up in Sunshine tbh.

A big part of me appreciates it as it taught me street smarts and I lived there threw the heroin epidemic in the late 90's early 00's. As far as Australian/Melbourne lifestyle goes in my teenage years I saw some bad ******* things. That's not to say I'm some sick campaigner at all, which I not, more just how crazy things there was. I only appreciate how violitile Sunshine and Footscray was as a kid now I'm older and have moved down the road

The other part of me is spun out at how much house prices have increased over recent years with the areas underbelly (but to be fair this may me being disassociated with the area and changing demographics)

Schmutt the fact you have lived in the heart of the western suburbs has increased my opinion of you.

Moved there Jan 2016 left October 2017, so nearly two years. Was in a place on Monash St couple hundred meters from the station.

Kid Presentable

Senior List
May 22, 2010
AFL Club
Melbourne
How good is Shake Shack?

For all the American chains that is the one I wish we had here

And maybe Applebys

I've been pretty ******* lucky to live 10 min hoof from shake shack the last 5 years, it's good for hitting the spot on command. But there are some burgers here that make it look dodge.

One place that closed due to Covid had their burgers dripping in bone marrow, my heart. Minietta tavern black label burger and spotted pig Roquefort burger are stiffy material.

Fwiw Bourdain is a lost treasure but gotta disagree with him on this one. He was right on burger joint, there was a version of that place near west village that serves beers and nba I'd hit and get ****ed up often. Closed now...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back