Certified Legendary Thread Sneaking in to the Grand Final............

Aug 15, 2015
The cockeyed lowlife of the (Southern) Highlands
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
LOL, no. Nothing about covid scares me TBH. Again the fact that there's that many deaths related to covid confirms my original point. There's no need to call it a "deadly" pandemic unless you feel some need to make it sound "scary" 🤷‍♂️ We all know it can be deadly.

What a tough nut hard unit.

Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Sneaked in …no repercussions

legendary

“But on Wednesday, WA Police acting commissioner Col Blanch said it’s unlikely the duo will face charges.
Blanch said the stunt was “not good” but that it was not in the public interest to charge the duo.

“That’s not something I believe we’re going to progress from a criminal perspective,” he said.

“We don’t want people entering through tight security arrangements, Optus Stadium will be improving their security.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/7news....inal-let-off-the-hook-by-police-c-4164830.amp

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
I worked in a bar in the city in the late-80's that occasionally had A+ list celebs roll up to do "unannounced" gigs. One Friday arvo we had two American blokes supposedly from David Lee Roth's touring entourage drop in to eyeball the place for him to possibly do a set later that night. What gave them credibility was the paperwork and "ID's" they supplied from Paul Dainty or Michael Coppel, or whoever the tour promoter was, as well as the fact that we'd had another massive international artist perform a late-night secret gig about two weeks prior.

Our entertainment manager went for it hook, line and sinker, setting them up with open-ended drink cards, with which the yanks duly set about clocking up a new course record - top shelf, cocktails, bottles of Dom, the works, for themselves and any females that showed them any attention.

I reckon it was over three hours and about $1500 later that our bar manager decided that something was very fishy, in that they hadn't asked to use our phones to make contact with the tour company - this was the days before mobile phones. A quick call to the tour company by our manager revealed they knew nothing about the American blokes, and the DLR had no intention to play anywhere later on after his show at the National Tennis Centre. The jig was up and the now very pissed scoundrels were evicted about 8:30pm by a couple of our bouncers - no cops involved, just a bit of a clip behind the ear for each of them on the way out.

Personally, I thought the blokes were an inspiration.
I feel like the fact they started at 5pm should have been a giveaway too, although the 80s with the good blow maybe they really did kick it off hard at the same time as knock off work drinks.

Kardinia Boy

Senior List
Jun 6, 2008
Steiglitz
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Canucks
Someone on the r/melbourne subreddit is reporting that there is a motorbike sitting on the roof of Marvel Stadium.
Belong to anyone here?

Someone on the r/melbourne subreddit is reporting that there is a motorbike sitting on the roof of Marvel Stadium.
Belong to anyone here?

Google maps I suspect.

How about a storm Area 51-style plan? The more of us that participate, the less the chance of each individual being one of the unlucky captives.

they did this at Wembley for European cup final last year

Gordon Farkas

Team Captain
Mar 8, 2020
AFL Club
Geelong
Anyone shacked up in the dunnies yet?
Affirmative. Though don’t think this means I’m getting ahead of myself and am over-confident about Geelong’s chances. I am Keeping The Lid On (the dunny that is. And for the next four weeks, I’ll need to...)

Last edited:
Back