List Mgmt. Nick Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nick's development coach compared him to Bont, Grey and Didak... :D

Can't decide who I would take out of those three, I have a number of fond memories of Didak!
Didak was an exceptional player but not fit to lick Nick's father's boots - if Nick turns out to be half the player his old man was forget about those three.

Perhaps the idea of making a number their own appeals to them. Everyone wants to be their own man.

Yes, dad is a legendary player and a top bloke but that can weigh a kid down. I know Josh struggled with it as a kid.
Based on what we know about Nick, I think he’d thrive on that sort of pressure. He and Josh are two very different personalities.

Based on what we know about Nick, I think he’d thrive on that sort of pressure. He and Josh are two very different personalities.

I never got to know Nick as he was too young when Josh was playing colts.

They are different personality types apparently so you might be right.

My own experience is that young men want to carve their own identities but as fans of the club we like the history of the name.

My absolute high-end comparison for Nick Daicos (without any expectation he'll reach this level) is GAJ. Similar size, similar ability to hit the scoreboard, and similar innate ability to read the play and get to where the footy is time and again.
His dancing feet will have to work overtime to match GAJs power through the core to avoid being tackled.

His dancing feet will have to work overtime to match GAJs power through the core to avoid being tackled.
I agree, GAJ was a nugget of a player. Senior was monstrously strong, so it makes sense.
I like what I’ve seen in terms of Josh getting a stronger core. Imagine it’ll be similar for Nick

I agree, GAJ was a nugget of a player. Senior was monstrously strong, so it makes sense.
I like what I’ve seen in terms of Josh getting a stronger core. Imagine it’ll be similar for Nick
Way back in the late 80s I worked at the Torquay branch of the State Bank. GAJ and his brother Nathan used to come in with their mum. They would race around the branch like terrors, ripping up all the withdrawal slips and pulling apart the pens.

It was my job to clean up after the little shits.

Way back in the late 80s I worked at the Torquay branch of the State Bank. GAJ and his brother Nathan used to come in with their mum. They would race around the branch like terrors, ripping up all the withdrawal slips and pulling apart the pens.

It was my job to clean up after the little shits.
I played footy with Neil Harvey, Brents old man at Ganmain and he used to do the same around the change rooms and lifting money and flogging stuff from the canteen. They used to clean him up with a broom 😂

Also taking a long term perspective, now is the only time when he can focus on improving forward craft without major midfield responsibilities.

The only thing suggesting that he won’t play forward, is that McRae did say he’ll be learning under the most experienced line coach … and I’m guessing that’ll be either Bolton (mids) or Leppitisch (Defence) rather than Skipworh (forwards)?

The only thing suggesting that he won’t play forward, is that McRae did say he’ll be learning under the most experienced line coach … and I’m guessing that’ll be either Bolton (mids) or Leppitisch (Defence) rather than Skipworh (forwards)?
I'm betting half back flank with monitored midfield rotations. Allows him to get plenty of ball time and forces his opponent to be versatile.

If you’re an adult male wearing a footy jumper to matches then yeah you’re cringe.

It’s an interesting point …

… if the club could get another 20,000 adults to wear footy jumpers to the footy …

… assuming the club make around $25 per jumper, that’d be around another $500,000 into the club’s coffers.

Might be worth a campaign? Eg: Fathers day “I love my dad, he tells the worst jokes and wears the daggiest clothes, so I bought him a Collingwood guernsey to wear to the footy”

I think it’s more or less fashionably acceptable amongst different supporter groups, and I reckon ours would be the amongst the most acceptable amongst the Victorian Clubs.

It’s an interesting point …

… if the club could get another 20,000 adults to wear footy jumpers to the footy …

… assuming the club make around $25 per jumper, that’d be around another $500,000 into the club’s coffers.

Might be worth a campaign? Eg: Fathers day “I love my dad, he tells the worst jokes and wears the daggiest clothes, so I bought him a Collingwood guernsey to wear to the footy”

I think it’s more or less fashionably acceptable amongst different supporter groups, and I reckon ours would be the amongst the most acceptable amongst the Victorian Clubs.
As far as I'm concerned anyone trying to belittle any fan from supporting their beam by wearing team gear is cringeworthy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As far as I'm concerned anyone trying to belittle any fan from supporting their beam by wearing team gear is cringeworthy.

That’s exactly what an adult who wears a footy jumper would say! 🤣

(Jokes 😃)

That’s exactly what an adult who wears a footy jumper would say! 🤣

(Jokes 😃)
Honestly though I think it's a bit precious sitting in a secluded armchair belittling fellow supporters because they choose to be whole hearted in their support of the club.

I haven't worn supporters gear since I started work but a large proportion do . . . so are a large proportion of our supporter base cringeworthy??

I don't think so . . .

Honestly though I think it's a bit precious sitting in a secluded armchair belittling fellow supporters because they choose to be whole hearted in their support of the club.

I haven't worn supporters gear since I started work but a large proportion do . . . so are a large proportion of our supporter base cringeworthy??

I don't think so . . .

I’m coming at it from the angle of ‘Does this create an opportunity to sell more footy jumpers to help the club?’

Well with the newly released supporters in and around Melbourne it's a possibility - if they want to risk being called cringeworthy.

The cool Dads aspire to being called ‘cringeworthy’ by the kids!

(That one is actually serious 😃)

Are you even a footy fan if you don't wear team gear in some form or another?

For me its the guernsey, scarf and cap (or beanie, depending on the weather) some of my friends wear the polo
Even in times where I haven't been able to wear kit (working in the lead up or whatever) I try and wear black and white clothing, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back