Remove this Banner Ad

Gersman

Team Captain
May 10, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Brighton any closer to getting a coach?
Still haven't named one. Mess.
Pre season training starts in 2 weeks and they've still got no one concrete in the pipeline I hear.
Players apparently getting antsy about the situation and ready to move on if things aren't sorted quick sticks.
Have heard several want out of it already and are headed back to Bothwell, Mounties, St Virgils and a couple to N.Norfolk. Can't blame them if the club's dragging its feet. Will probably still field a 1s side next year but won't be very competitive at all.

Cha_Ching_00

Debutant
Jul 22, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Still haven't named one. Mess.
Pre season training starts in 2 weeks and they've still got no one concrete in the pipeline I hear.
Players apparently getting antsy about the situation and ready to move on if things aren't sorted quick sticks.
Have heard several want out of it already and are headed back to Bothwell, Mounties, St Virgils and a couple to N.Norfolk. Can't blame them if the club's dragging its feet. Will probably still field a 1s side next year but won't be very competitive at all.

Whats the go with them parting ways with Jacob Howard? Guessing they parted ways because Brighton wanted to get someone who could bring a few players with them, for example the Dan Muir, Cal Daly and Zac Webster scenario…. From reports Jacob Howard was actually doing a great job,i hope they have asked him the question, “if you want the 2022 coaching gig it’s yours Jacob??”

I notice they have put their pre season schedule up, however they have put the contact person as the reserves coach.
I can see a lot of players basically being dispersed between Bothwell, Oatlands and Mounties…

Phil49

Senior List
Apr 9, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong
Whats the go with them parting ways with Jacob Howard? Guessing they parted ways because Brighton wanted to get someone who could bring a few players with them, for example the Dan Muir, Cal Daly and Zac Webster scenario…. From reports Jacob Howard was actually doing a great job,i hope they have asked him the question, “if you want the 2022 coaching gig it’s yours Jacob??”

I notice they have put their pre season schedule up, however they have put the contact person as the reserves coach.
I can see a lot of players basically being dispersed between Bothwell, Oatlands and Mounties…

From what I was told the club were in the process of recruiting which Howard wasn't apart of the process due to it being in season. They didn't recruit anyone. He then said he couldn't do the job without any big name recruits.

I was told he was asked to reconsider but said no. Is now at Kingston as assistant coach.

My contact told me Mt Pleasant have a few of them and Bothwell picking up a few left over.

Barge

Club Legend
Mar 28, 2005
Bargeville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Claremont
I heard Howard was reappointed during the season for 2022 and then Brighton decided to renege on that when the big name players previously mentioned were being spoken to - when Brighton didn’t land any of them, they then went back to Howard who told them to stick it.

mr incredibe

Senior List
Oct 13, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hearing Sam Lewis Johnson to Lindisfarne will be announced this week

Apparently Brighton President emailed all SFL clubs last week basically saying hands off and that they would not clear any registered or contracted players and that anyone wanting to leave would be forced to sit out season 2022.

he also took aim at I assume Lindisfarne and or New Norfolk as finals sides going around offering heaps of money to their players to leave.

No names mentioned in the email but it’s obvious Lindisfarne are offering big money to Lewis Johnson, talking $400 plus which you would have to wonder how they keep under the salary cap 😯

obviously Blackburn leaving but if you assume they would have told the SFL they spent close to the cap this year how can they justify adding in Green, Havea and Lewis Johnson and remain under the cap( less what they paid Blackburn)

Havea has always shopped himself around in the $350 plus bracket, Green didn’t come cheap and if your offering $400 for SLJ will the SFL have the balls to take a look at them?

Phil49

Senior List
Apr 9, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong
Brighton president probably should spend more effort getting a coach than emailing other clubs. Not giving them a reason to leave. Lewis Johnson worth a bit of money, but not worth 400 a game. No way. That is a lot of money.

mr incredibe

Senior List
Oct 13, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
Brighton president probably should spend more effort getting a coach than emailing other clubs. Not giving them a reason to leave. Lewis Johnson worth a bit of money, but not worth 400 a game. No way. That is a lot of money.

Totally agree

can’t blame players for wanting to leave at all when they don’t have a coach in place

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Apparently Brighton President emailed all SFL clubs last week basically saying hands off and that they would not clear any registered or contracted players and that anyone wanting to leave would be forced to sit out season 2022.

he also took aim at I assume Lindisfarne and or New Norfolk as finals sides going around offering heaps of money to their players to leave.

No names mentioned in the email but it’s obvious Lindisfarne are offering big money to Lewis Johnson, talking $400 plus which you would have to wonder how they keep under the salary cap 😯

obviously Blackburn leaving but if you assume they would have told the SFL they spent close to the cap this year how can they justify adding in Green, Havea and Lewis Johnson and remain under the cap( less what they paid Blackburn)

Havea has always shopped himself around in the $350 plus bracket, Green didn’t come cheap and if your offering $400 for SLJ will the SFL have the balls to take a look at them?

Raggers probably not going to the two blues for peanuts either.

jj15

All Australian
Jan 10, 2008
Tasmania
AFL Club
Geelong

Where’s Blackburn going?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 17, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood

Heard Brady Hayden has gone to NH as well. That’s 4 of their top 5 in the b&f gone? They need to fix this quick, it’s getting very ugly

Cha_Ching_00

Debutant
Jul 22, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Totally agree

can’t blame players for wanting to leave at all when they don’t have a coach in place

I honestly can’t see them getting up this year! Players leaving, no coach, president worried more about what other clubs are doing… it’s been a rabble out there since 2013.
Maybe some of the ODFA clubs can use the ground as a training base??

Ozguy

Club Legend
Jul 6, 2005
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Some Team on the Decline

I honestly don't know why some of these people just don't get it. If you aren't under contract, or owe money or property, they can't be held. Brighton have pulled this s**t for years to refuse clearances. The league needs to immediately grant any that Brighton refuses for non legit reasons.

Kingpin

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 15, 2004
AFL Club
Richmond
Wayne Lamb to be Brightons coach
I often wondered if he might get a gig there.
He was (a few years back) coaching one of their junior teams in a grand final at North Hobart, one of my friends' son was playing in that team.
Last coached at Senior level in 2000 when he finished up his three year term at Cygnet as playing coach.

Phil49

Senior List
Apr 9, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong
Well that's great news. Hopefully players stick through it then. Only question is then why did they promote their preseason with reserves coach as contact yesterday?

footynuffy

Draftee
Aug 7, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
That’s the good thing about rumors is they are just that, brighton still remain with out a senior coach with the last two candidates (including lamb) pulling out. Unless a miracle happens they will start preseason with out one ….. hard to see what their options now are, maybe should have just gave webster and daly what they wanted.

Phil49

Senior List
Apr 9, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong
That’s the good thing about rumors is they are just that, brighton still remain with out a senior coach with the last two candidates (including lamb) pulling out. Unless a miracle happens they will start preseason with out one ….. hard to see what their options now are, maybe should have just gave webster and daly what they wanted.

Whoever gets it is hardly their preferred choice. Wonder if they actually have anyone keen... the reserves coach might end up having to step up to the plate.
Wonder what their list is like with a few moving on. Will be interesting to see when their training starts.

Sorell and Claremont looking improved which is great. Sorell might be able to crack into the top 5 this year. Haven't heard much out of the TCA. Hobart seem to be pretty quiet.

tassiemagpie

Debutant
Apr 11, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood

Have heard a whisper that Paul Allison might be taking the role at Brighton ??

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Gersman

Team Captain
May 10, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Huonville on the hunt for a new coach too.
FB_IMG_1635836520156.jpg

Back