Live Event The Official Bigfooty NBA Week 1 Thread: Opening night

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can some of you experts tell me a bit about the difference between NBA basketball and FIBA/NBL. Like I know the obvious stuff like the court is wider and the 3 point line deeper. I'm interested in the more nuanced stuff.

Trying to understand why Landale looked awesome at the Olympics (and MVP in the NBL) but come the NBA season he seems lucky to get on the court even for junk time. Is the NBA really such a huge step up or is the game completely different? Is there really 60 Centers better than Landale across the competition?

Height & athleticism across the board. Landale is a below average athlete and also pretty skinny.

The result of selective kidnapping of Africans a few centuries ago and selective breeding by slave owners to create better workers = the modern 'black athlete'. Also they love ballin'

Also also high school and college althetic departments are off the chart. A lot of (probably red) states actually have classes in sport. You can literally take an NFL class in high school along side english and math etc.

Height & athleticism across the board. Landale is a below average athlete and also pretty skinny.

The result of selective kidnapping of Africans a few centuries ago and selective breeding by slave owners to create better workers = the modern 'black athlete'. Also they love ballin'

Also also high school and college althetic departments are off the chart. A lot of (probably red) states actually have classes in sport. You can literally take an NFL class in high school along side english and math etc.

Are you saying that the NBL and FIBA rules and court size somehow cramp the skills of the most athletic players?

Guys like Ingles and Doncic seem to go ok in the NBA. And Landale might be skinny but he sure as hell ain't a weakling.

I can believe athleticism is a small part of the answer but only a small part.

And if high school and college athletic departments are off the charts, how come so many College guys enter the NBA and get drafted as unfinished projects? Seems like the AIS, NBL and Euro countries (per capita and equating for the different levels of "love for ballin" in respective countries) are producing just as much talent as the College system. Especially talent that knows how to play as a team rather than as individuals. For example, Giddey is the youngest player from the last draft and one of the most complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back