AFL star’s anti-vax views cost him friendship

Remove this Banner Ad

In the peak fortnight of the outbreak to date (25 August to 7 September), the COVID-19 case rate among 2-dose vaccinated people was 49.5 per 100,000 while in unvaccinated people it was 561 per 100,000, a more than 10-fold difference. The rates of COVID-19 ICU admissions or deaths peaked in the fortnight 8 September to 21 September at 0.9 per 100,000 in 2-dose vaccinated people compared to 15.6 per 100,000 in unvaccinated people, a greater than 16-fold difference.

Last edited:
who cares,hes entitled to his beliefs,stick with them and you cant go wrong,money is inconsequential,if you live for money your doomed
that is the one guarantee,if you have to be coerced into taking medication your doubley doomed,defiling your own personal property which is DNA
for the sake of money,that man is surely to be cast,no one can save that man,youve already been saved by the highest,WTF is man defiling his DNA,
his own private property for ? Money ? you'll be on a path of no return make no mistake,you'll then own nothing,not even the highests greatest gift
he gave you,your very own,unique DNA,they'll own it and u forevermore :thumbsupv1: keep buying- $$$$- into the spell theyve cast
Please stay away from Richmond games, you're thoughts and actions are dangerous and idiotic.

I have a good friend that works on this stuff, was working on cracking AIDS until this happened, and her words paraphrased was along the lines of we have no idea of the long term effect of the vaccines as it was so rushed through. But it’s the best we have so do it.
You know it wasnt developed from scratch right and Corona viruses have been around for 50 odd years?

Yes, that 5 person snapshot in complete isolation most definitely completely renders the hundreds of thousands of cases used to calculate an accurate figure.

Looks like you've really done your research and really thought this one through, well done.
and another one.

Hows that 99.2% stat going for you? Not overly accurate hey!

COVID-19 (Coronavirus) statistics
06 October 2021
NSW recorded 594 new locally acquired cases of COVID-19 in the 24 hours to 8pm last night.
No new cases were acquired overseas, 14 previously reported cases have been excluded following further investigation, bringing the total number of cases in NSW since the beginning of the pandemic is 66,267.
Sadly, NSW Health is reporting the deaths of ten people – seven men and three women.
One person was in their 40s, one person was in their 60s, four people were in their 70s, two people were in their 80s, and two people were in their 90s.
Five people were from south western Sydney, three people were from western Sydney, one person was from Wollongong and one person was from the Edward River region.
Three people were not vaccinated, four people had received one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, and three people had received two doses.

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with free thinking. You’ve been watching way too much of Dan Andrews with that sort of segregational post.
You're not free thinking. You're just dumb enough to swallow bullshit.

oh look, another similar day

09 October 2021

NSW recorded 580 new locally acquired cases of COVID-19 in the 24 hours to 8pm last night.

One new case was acquired overseas in the same period, bringing the total number of cases in NSW since the beginning of the pandemic to 68,057.

Sadly, NSW Health is reporting the deaths of eleven people who had COVID-19 – three women and eight men. One person was in their 50s, one was in their 60s, four people were in their 70s, two were in their 80s, and three were in their 90s.

Five people were from south-western Sydney, three were from western Sydney, and three were from south-eastern Sydney.

Four were not vaccinated, three had received two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine, and four had received one dose.
Go back through every day for NSW, compile the stats, then get back to us.

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with free thinking. You’ve been watching way too much of Dan Andrews with that sort of segregational post.
Why are anti-vaxers always desperate to claim intellectual superiority over their beliefs ?

It's always framed as "well I am smart enough to see what is really going on, the rest of you (a crowd containing medical professionals and the overall generally educated) are just blind sheep".

Is it because you are insecure about your innate stupidity, and so you use conspiracy theories to "get one up" on everyone else ?

Why are anti-vaxers always desperate to claim intellectual superiority over their beliefs ?

It's always framed as "well I am smart enough to see what is really going on, the rest of you (a crowd containing medical professionals and the overall generally educated) are just blind sheep"
Don’t know, you’ll have to ask them. I’m not an anti vaxxer. I’m actually fully vaxxed.

Question for you though, why does it have to be a contest of the intellectual?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great response. This the way you think and talk about everything when someone else has a differing opinion to yours?
Dumb opinions deserve derision.

The standard you walk passed is the standard you accept.

Do you honestly believe that vaccines do "farq all?"

And if so, how did you become that stupid?
Personal experience.

Family member, unvaxxed, who tested positive and had no symptoms whatsoever.

Neighbour’s daughter and her family, fully vaxxed, needing to go to hospital because of somehow contracting the virus.

I find that very interesting.

If I said that I did not believe in gravity and that it was a government conspiracy that would not make me a "free thinker". It would make me an idiot.

Personal experience.
5rm0no.jpg

Question for you though, why does it have to be a contest of the intellectual?
Because all arguments framed by conspiracy theorists are done so in an elitist fashion, from the position of "well you are all too dumb to understand what is really happening, so let me inform you"

If I said that I did not believe in gravity and that it was a government conspiracy that would not make me a "free thinker". It would make me an idiot.
Everyone thought Copernicus was an idiot when he said the earth wasn’t the centre of the universe, something everyone believed was the case for over 1,000 years.

Trust me, there is nothing wrong with free thinking. It’s those who try and suppress freedom of speech and thinking which are the weaklings.

Because all arguments framed by conspiracy theorists are done so in an elitist fashion, from the position of "well you are all too dumb to understand what is really happening, so let me inform you"
And the general attitude and response when someone questions the status quo is that you’re a conspiracy theorist nutter…

fair enough.

Good points again, glad there are some people that can see the full picture. A dwindling amount from both sides either pro vax or anti vax.
I can understand the reservations around AZ, I was pretty hesitant and the advice here in QLD was not to get it.

Now that Pfizer/Moderna's readily available and low-risk it was a bit of a no-brainer in my opinion.

I can understand the reservations around AZ, I was pretty hesitant and the advice here in QLD was not to get it.

Now that Pfizer/Moderna's readily available and low-risk it was a bit of a no-brainer in my opinion.
The az was just a beat up by the boomers, and the press fed into it to sell papers. The federal governments handling of it in basically stalling the rollout just to placate their aging and selfish supporter base was a disgrace.

It's ironic that the go-to defense of those who are anti-vax is posting silly memes from Facebook, because they are totally incapable of any form of independent thought themselves.

The best part is that they call others sheep, whilst bleating made up 'facts' from their favourite social media personality.

It'd be completely hilarious if it wasn't so dangerous to the community as a whole.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back