Player Watch #44: Cameron Zurhaar - North Melbourne has offered a five-year deal to stay at the Roos

marklovesbeer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 8, 2010
South Adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Adelaide Panthers
Is TT also out of contract? If so, and you had to prioritise one over the other, who do you choose?
F0BAD025-489C-40E0-B6BD-5C4819E69C5B.gif

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
That’s great news. I was almost 100% sure he wasn’t going home but good to have it confirmed as it can be at this stage.

You’ve indicated that a future no 1 draft pick is no longer attached romantically. How do you know this?

That is also correct.

Pretty easy with kids these days - When all the romantic insta uploads, story highlights & bio love are removed from both their pages suddenly, it’s a confirmation in 2021.

Based on absolutely nothing substantial, Powell is the one I’m most interested about tbh. Has moved to Vic with his SA misso who is now at Melbourne Uni. Will be some deep breathes required once she graduates and he completes his 4 year contract (if they’re still together).

Mjs94

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Is TT also out of contract? If so, and you had to prioritise one over the other, who do you choose?
TT no doubt if I had to pick one and yes he is OOC. I just think with the WA teams coming after Cam Z the go home factor is a real potential problem. Can't see the same issue with TT

May 3, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
TT no doubt if I had to pick one and yes he is OOC. I just think with the WA teams coming after Cam Z the go home factor is a real potential problem. Can't see the same issue with TT
Surely TT will be the number 1 target for the new Tassie team and the AFL will do everything on their power to make this happen. Probably millions attached as part of an ambassador role. Clarko most likely the coach. Massively worried 😟

Mjs94

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What’s the thought process to drop a couple mill on a place in Melbourne & then leave the next year?
I didn't say he is leaving, I said he should be our priority re-signing, even over TT (though of course I'd be taking TT if we could only have one). The longer it drags the harder the WA teams will push and the go-home factor could be a real possibility.

To answer your question, firstly unless he has bought a decent block it is likely to be around $1.5m at the most. That sort of price could easily be turned into an investment for someone like Cam Z.

FWIW I don't think he is going to leave but as an abundance of caution I would much rather he be signed away as early as possible

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I didn't say he is leaving, I said he should be our priority re-signing, even over TT (though of course I'd be taking TT if we could only have one). The longer it drags the harder the WA teams will push and the go-home factor could be a real possibility.

To answer your question, firstly unless he has bought a decent block it is likely to be around $1.5m at the most. That sort of price could easily be turned into an investment for someone like Cam Z.

FWIW I don't think he is going to leave but as an abundance of caution I would much rather he be signed away as early as possible

He seems very settled in Melbourne. He’s very close with the boys, particularly Larkey, lives with Declan Watson who has moved back to Vic.

Also I’m not sure how across the current property market you are, but when I said a couple million, I meant a couple million.

Is it outside the realm of possibility that he could use it as an investment and move back to WA? Ofcoarse not, but i think it’s unlikely.

Mjs94

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He seems very settled in Melbourne. He’s very close with the boys, particularly Larkey, lives with Declan Watson who has moved back to Vic.

Also I’m not sure how across the current property market you are, but when I said a couple million, I meant a couple million.

Is it outside the realm of possibility that he could use it as an investment and move back to WA? Ofcoarse not, but i think it’s unlikely.
I don't disagree he is settled, but things can and do change for whatever reason. It is why I would have him as my number one priority. That is all I am saying.

I am across it enough to know that I am sticking with what I said unless you have some sort of inside information.

As I have said multiple times now, I think it is unlikely too but it is a possibility to do that as an investment if he wanted to.

Sep 11, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I don't disagree he is settled, but things can and do change for whatever reason. It is why I would have him as my number one priority. That is all I am saying.

I am across it enough to know that I am sticking with what I said unless you have some sort of inside information.

As I have said multiple times now, I think it is unlikely too but it is a possibility to do that as an investment if he wanted to.

Agreed. If he has a career best in 2022, watch the contract offers come.

Surely TT will be the number 1 target for the new Tassie team and the AFL will do everything on their power to make this happen. Probably millions attached as part of an ambassador role. Clarko most likely the coach. Massively worried 😟

Wasn't aware there was a new Tassie team.

Starting in 2023 as well it seems.

What's Thomas going to do? Not sign a new contract at North and go back to North Launny and wait for this new team to appear?

Also, Tarryn isn't a dyed in the wool My Mum is my sister Tasmanian either.

Moved there from NSW when he was a teenager no?

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Also, Tarryn isn't a dyed in the wool My Mum is my sister Tasmanian either.

To clear it all up.

Tarryn identifies as hardcore Tasmanian.

Nick Riewoldt identifies as devoted Queenslander.

Kevin Sheedy identifies as Indigenous.

Josh Gibson identifies as Hipster-Dickhead. Apologies for the tautology.

Brad Scott identifies as North Melbourne non-membership carrying tragic.

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
To clear it all up.

Tarryn identifies as hardcore Tasmanian.

Nick Riewoldt identifies as devoted Queenslander.

Kevin Sheedy identifies as Indigenous.

Josh Gibson identifies as Hipster-Dickhead. Apologies for the tautology.

Brad Scott identifies as North Melbourne non-membership carrying tragic.

And Steven Baker anti Vaxer ball player

Back